Boris off to court for lies during Brexit Campaign

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Boris off to court for lies during Brexit Campaign

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

cockhat wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:38 am
Sid Bishop wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:51 pm
Real Al wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:38 pm

Pretty sure the 48% paid no attention to anything those pair ever said.
Most of the TV News and MPs of the Remain side were ( and still are ) projecting non stop Project Fear and Gloom !!
Project fear? Get real, since the vote pound has fallen 20%, shares have fallen 20%, 2 car companies moving out, Jaguar moving some production. Shortage of Doctors, Nurses and teachers!
I’m one of the idiots who saw the light.
Now we have the possibility of a lying clown leading the country!!
I feel sorry for the younger generation that will have to live with project fear reality!
Where are all these countries lining up to do business with us?
We haven't left yet and I doubt we ever will. Stop blaming the Brexit vote for literally everything. I strongly suspect some companies are using it as an excuse to cut cost's. . How much manufacturing have we lost since we first joined the Common Market now EU.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

StillSpike wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:16 am I wonder if there'll ever be a time when everyone can tell the difference between a) a prediction that fails to materialise and b) a statement of "fact" that is a lie.

"You can have your own opinions, you can't have your own facts"
I think you know the answer to that question.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:53 am

Most of the TV News and MPs of the Remain side were ( and still are ) projecting non stop Project Fear and Gloom !!
Project fear? Get real, since the vote pound has fallen 20%, shares have fallen 20%, 2 car companies moving out, Jaguar moving some production. Shortage of Doctors, Nurses and teachers!
I feel sorry for the younger generation that will have to live with project fear reality!
We haven't left yet and I doubt we ever will. Stop blaming the Brexit vote for literally everything. I strongly suspect some companies are using it as an excuse to cut cost's and increase profits. . How much manufacturing have we lost since we first joined the Common Market now EU.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

dOh Nut wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:45 am Personally I feel the project fear campaign was the biggest boost for Brexit with many people reacting against being bullied by the remain camp.

I wonder if the remain camp had taken a different route, by promoting the benefits of being in, rather than the fears of being out, the result would have been different.
I agree with this. It played into the public's natural cynicism. And arguing for something is always more inspirational than just arguing against.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Yeah it was a lie, but only cos we get a discount.

https://fullfact.org/europe/our-eu-memb ... 5-million/
£350 million a week doesn’t include the rebate, which is applied before we pay.

It’s been claimed that we send £350 million a week to the EU. That misses out the rebate, and it doesn’t represent the total economic costs and benefits of EU membership to the UK.

£350 million is roughly what we would pay to the EU budget without the rebate. The UK actually paid closer to £250 million a week.

The UK Statistics Authority has said the EU membership fee figure of £19 billion a year, or £350 million a week, is "not an amount of money that the UK pays to the EU each year".

Since then, the new chair of the Authority described use of the figure by the Foreign Secretary, Boris Johnson, as “a clear misuse of official statistics”.
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

Just think if this is allowed to go ahead. We can all sue the government and politicians for any non action of a manifesto or anything they get wrong.

Chaos.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

StillSpike wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:16 am ...

"You can have your own opinions, you can't have your own facts"

Donald T manages to have his own "facts" it seems
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:53 am

We haven't left yet and I doubt we ever will. Stop blaming the Brexit vote for literally everything. I strongly suspect some companies are using it as an excuse to cut cost's. . How much manufacturing have we lost since we first joined the Common Market now EU.

Now, now, stop being unfair.

Brexit is only to blame for anything allegedly negative.

For example it was due to Brexit Orient lost the FA Trophy Final.

It was inspite of Brexit that Orient won the National League
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Still's Carenae wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 11:24 am Just think if this is allowed to go ahead. We can all sue the government and politicians for any non action of a manifesto or anything they get wrong.

Chaos.
I wonder if there'll ever be a time when everyone can tell the difference between a) a prediction that fails to materialise and b) a statement of "fact" that is a lie.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Also, the difference between a) a suggestion on the side of a bus by a campaign group b) a manifesto pledge by a political party?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

£350m, £250m... would it really have made much difference?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Dunners wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:58 am
dOh Nut wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:45 am Personally I feel the project fear campaign was the biggest boost for Brexit with many people reacting against being bullied by the remain camp.

I wonder if the remain camp had taken a different route, by promoting the benefits of being in, rather than the fears of being out, the result would have been different.
I agree with this. It played into the public's natural cynicism. And arguing for something is always more inspirational than just arguing against.
The original Project Fear was used during the Scotch Indyref1 and after Labour threw its weight behind it the No vote won. It too was a campaign infested with lies about oil, currency etc but was completely negative in nature which is always the way of those seeking to protect their system of privilege.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Still's Carenae wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 11:24 am Just think if this is allowed to go ahead. We can all sue the government and politicians for any non action of a manifesto or anything they get wrong.

Chaos.
Can you imagine just how much that's going to cost the next Labour Government, especially if Corbyn is Prime Minister
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:16 pm

Chaos.
Can you imagine just how much that's going to cost the next Labour Government, especially if Corbyn is Prime Minister
It's an absolute pleasure to listen to the right whingers bleating about the Law being used against them. Usually they are quite happy when it's used to neutralise the trade unions.

I read somewhere that there is more to the Boris case than just the fact that he is a big fat liar. It appears that when he was Mayor he misused that office to support Brexit and that is the key point in the case against him. It will all become clearer in court unless he pleads guilty.
Last edited by Max B Gold on Thu May 30, 2019 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Real Al
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Real Al »

Oforever wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:03 am

Be careful or you'll be in court. Simple facts - pound hasn't fallen 20% nor have shares. Economy continues to grow.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Sid Bishop wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:37 am
Disoriented wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 5:18 am

Look at this month’s car production figures and you will know it is more Project Reality.
Car production figures are down the world over. Cutback due to many things including China economic slowdown leading to less car sales, over production, slowdown of diesel car production and the move to switch over to alternative power such as electric cars.

Come on you can do better than this rather feeble effort !! On this forum its getting to be arguing for the sake of something to do !!
I recommend you go to this Argument Clinic instead !!
No thanks Sid. You want to talk to someone in the industry - they have seen a massive slowdown since last year. It has nothing to do with the rest of the world, just the folly of old men who have endeavoured to sabotage the future for the youth of this country. Look at the demographics of how they voted, Sid, or are you too feeble to do that?
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Dis I don’t think you can under estimate the damage that’s been caused to the motor industry by this governments hounding of diesel cars. It’s had a massive impact no doubt about it.

I’d also agree that Brexit has had an effect too as people are worried about job security and are possibly keeping cars longer and or just buy a used one instead of a new one.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

[quote=Disoriented post_

No thanks Sid. You want to talk to someone in the industry - they have seen a massive slowdown since last year. It has nothing to do with the rest of the world, just the folly of old men who have endeavoured to sabotage the future for the youth of this country. Look at the demographics of how they voted, Sid, or are you too feeble to do that?
[/quote]

All because of Brexit ?

General Motors to slash 14,700 jobs in US and Canada
Auto giant General Motors will close a number of plants but says that most of the layoffs will be white-collar jobs. The company also wants to shift resources away from conventional cars to trucks, SUVs and electric.
https://www.dw.com/en/general-motors-to ... a-46459896

Once again, all because of Brexit !!
German industry slumps as car makers stall and factory output falls.
By Anna Isaac, economics correspondent
11 March 2019 • 2:48pm
A strike at a major car maker exacerbated wider automotive woes to push down German industrial production in January.
The government is now expected to cut its predictions for economic growth to 0.8pc this year, according to reports from German business newspaper Handelsblatt. This would be the second downgrade for the eurozone's largest economy in under two months.
December's decline of 0.8pc at the country's factories was much worse than economists’ expectations for an increase in production of 0.5pc. A particularly sharp 9pc drop in output from car makers was a major factor behind the fall.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/20 ... ers-stall/

Yes all Brexits fault again !
Chinese car sales fall for first time in more than 20 years
Trade war with US is handbrake on growth in world’s second biggest economy. Sales of cars in China have dropped for the first time in almost 30 years, a sign of the importance of ending the country’s trade dispute with the US as the world economy begins to falter.
As the US and China appeared to be edging closer to ending the trade dispute between them on Wednesday, the figures illustrate how the bitter standoff, as well as sluggish local demand, have acted as a handbrake on growth in the world’s second biggest economy.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... n-20-years

This Diesel car collapse in sales would NEVER have happened if the British had NOT voted for Brexit !!

Diesel car registrations in Europe post their lowest market share since 2001

One of the major events in the European car industry during 2018 was the drop in popularity of diesel. Starting with the dieselgate issue in September 2015, this then worsened when local authorities around Europe sent out unusual messages about possible bans. All of this generated chaos among consumers, who became unsure of the benefits of what was formerly the most popular fuel type in Europe. Uncertainty among consumers as a result of unclear messages from governments is the most straightforward explanation for diesel’s decline.
If 2017’s diesel drop was considered extreme, then last year’s decline could be described as a freefall and in fact only got worse.
With a 36% market share, diesel car registrations posted the lowest result since 2001,
https://www.jato.com/diesel-car-registr ... ince-2001/
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Max B Gold wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:36 pm

Chaos.
It's an absolute pleasure to listen to the right whingers bleating about the Law being used against then. Usually they are quite happy when it's used to neutralise the trade unions.

I read somewhere that there is more to the Boris case than just the fact that he is a big fat liar. It appears that when he was Mayor he misused that office to support Brexit and that is the key point in the case against him. It will all become clearer in court unless he pleads guilty.
Max. This would be the end of ffreedom of speech.

Nobody would have a clue what anyone stands for. Admittedly little different from now.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

[quote="Still's Carenae"

Since when did extreme left wingers and Communist governments worry about a little thing like that ?
Hong Kong democracy activist's are now finding out the cost of speaking their mind since China took over Hong Kong from the Brits !
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Still's Carenae wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:47 pm

It's an absolute pleasure to listen to the right whingers bleating about the Law being used against then. Usually they are quite happy when it's used to neutralise the trade unions.

Nobody would have a clue what anyone stands for. Admittedly little different from now.
I don't believe a media owned by a few billionaires can ever deliver freedom of speech.

My understanding is that the case against Boris is about more than electioneering and putting outright lies on the side of a bus.
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Post by one o in huntingdon »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:29 pm

I don't believe a media owned by a few billionaires can ever deliver freedom of speech.

My understanding is that the case against Boris is about more than electioneering and putting outright lies on the side of a bus.
Do hope they have a strong case, the defendant and no doubt judiciary too are all public schoolboys, quite likely masons too.
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Just listened to lib mp. Apparently no deal will cost us £140bn (where the does she get that figure from!). There will be massive delays in Dover. However, the other 94% of our imports were not mentioned- so must presume that these are ok.

She then mentioned medicines. We export significantly more to Europe than import, obviously only mentioned that we would have significant shortages.

She has thrown her hat into the ring for the lib dems.

Our politicians will they never learn.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

one o in huntingdon wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:52 pm

Do hope they have a strong case, the defendant and no doubt judiciary too are all public schoolboys, quite likely masons too.
This is a total waste of time . He'll go to court and it will be case dismissed. By the way, is Arron Banks in prison yet ? Yeah, well that was another load of bollocks .
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:12 am
one o in huntingdon wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:52 pm

This is a total waste of time . He'll go to court and it will be case dismissed. By the way, is Arron Banks in prison yet ? Yeah, well that was another load of bollocks .
He's not in jail yet but I understand from my source he is still under investigation.