Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:44 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:33 pm Would be good to know. As I think I said earlier in the thread, if it isn’t as severe then it might end up being a good thing. Highly transmission means everyone gets natural immunity without getting ill. Would also mean that number of daily infections wouldn’t really matter too much and therefore restrictions can ease again.
Wouldn't be so sure about natural immunity. I heard something about reinfection but can't be bothered to look it up.
Yeah, I don’t think anyone is sure how long it lasts for but fingers crossed if everyone gets omicron there will at least be some immunity for a time and perhaps to other variants.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Jack wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:37 pm
Story of O wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:57 pm
Jack wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:07 pm I found this graphic online. Published by Public Health Scotland, it makes interesting reading.
I make no comment, i just thought its interesting, and goes against what we are generally being told

Is there a link for this as I looked and could not find it
Click on the link below. Its Scottish Government Public Health Scotland ( not an anti vax site i assure you)
https://publichealthscotland.scot/publi ... mber-2021/
No luck finding it. Can you post link to actual article, that’s if it exists
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Funny enough I have been having a conversation with someone who posted something very similar and they can’t post a link either
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

George wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:20 pm
Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:46 pm
George wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:29 pm

Get off your lazy arse and look yourself
It's not down to me to prove your dangerous lies though is it?

Shame you won't admit you were lying when you lied about Omicron being basically the cold.

Given the amount you comment about the pandemic I'd of thought you'd have a semblance of credibility
I have to prove nothing to you. Don’t really care what you think. If you have anything constructive to add to , what was a well mannered set of posts , please feel free.
No, you don't

But if you're going to spread lies, especially if they're dangerous, expect to be called out as the liar you are
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

We’re gonna go into another lockdown ain’t we?
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:49 pm We’re gonna go into another lockdown ain’t we?
Innit
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

54k cases
At least 633 Omicron
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Story of O wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:32 pm
Jack wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:37 pm
Story of O wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:57 pm

Is there a link for this as I looked and could not find it
Click on the link below. Its Scottish Government Public Health Scotland ( not an anti vax site i assure you)
https://publichealthscotland.scot/publi ... mber-2021/
No luck finding it. Can you post link to actual article, that’s if it exists
Can you even find another graph anywhere on the Public Health Scotland site that's in the same sort of format? same colours? anything similar to this. Jack's not only found the image, but he's also stated as fact that the graph is from PHS as is "not an anti-vax" item. Sounds a bit more than "posting without comment" to be honest.

I'm sure I've just missed the real chart on that site - in which case I'll be very happy to apologise to Jack - but otherwise, it looks awfully like posting false information for the purposes of undermining trust in the vaccine.

Over to you Jack - an actual link to the chart you posted, or the PHS dataset behind it, would certainly clear you of the charge of willfully spreading disinformation.
Jack
Fresh Alias

Post by Jack »

I got the chart on Twitter, but not from a anti vax site. Its from someone i know, but the web site is listed on the graph. I went on that. Its a complex site, and i believe its there someone, but im busy now and cant look. ill try tomorrow, but some of you on here are so taken by the governments lying, youll believe anything they tell you, without question.
i posted the graph in good faith, and will try tomorrow to find it on that site, as im sure its there somewhere.
I suspect, even if i find that its genuine, youll still not believe the vaccine is not the saviour of the human race.
Incidentally, im fully jabbed, but still think somethings wrong somewhere, and im questioning it all.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Jack wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:38 pm I got the chart on Twitter, but not from a anti vax site. Its from someone i know, but the web site is listed on the graph. I went on that. Its a complex site, and i believe its there someone, but im busy now and cant look. ill try tomorrow, but some of you on here are so taken by the governments lying, youll believe anything they tell you, without question.
i posted the graph in good faith, and will try tomorrow to find it on that site, as im sure its there somewhere.
I suspect, even if i find that its genuine, youll still not believe the vaccine is not the saviour of the human race.
Incidentally, im fully jabbed, but still think somethings wrong somewhere, and im questioning it all.
Bullshit. You know it's false. You stated as a fact that the graph is from the PHS site so it's down to you to prove it. But you can't can you.
Jack
Fresh Alias

Post by Jack »

BoniO wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:46 pm
Jack wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:38 pm I got the chart on Twitter, but not from a anti vax site. Its from someone i know, but the web site is listed on the graph. I went on that. Its a complex site, and i believe its there someone, but im busy now and cant look. ill try tomorrow, but some of you on here are so taken by the governments lying, youll believe anything they tell you, without question.
Bullshit. You know it's false. You stated as a fact that the graph is from the PHS site so it's down to you to prove it. But you can't can you.
Listen you fool, i dont have to prove anything to you or anyone else. Youre totally brainwashed, so you believe what you like, That poster is genuine, its a fact. Ive seen the same thing in other places from epidemiologists . I have articles here from Daily Telegraph New Zealand edition, with stuff in it that our government censors, so they can brainwash fools like you.
You carry on believing all the crap from the government, and ill carry on questioning it, based on articles from scientists, that aren't shackled by our authoritarian government.
Ill tell you this, i wish i hadnt took the vaccine for sure, but its in me now and i cant ever remove it. Worst thing i ever did
Im not engaging with any of you people on this subject from now on, because you havent got an open mind. Youve been got at, good and proper
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:42 pm
Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:46 pm

It's not down to me to prove your dangerous lies though is it?

Shame you won't admit you were lying when you lied about Omicron being basically the cold.

Given the amount you comment about the pandemic I'd of thought you'd have a semblance of credibility
I have to prove nothing to you. Don’t really care what you think. If you have anything constructive to add to , what was a well mannered set of posts , please feel free.
No, you don't

But if you're going to spread lies, especially if they're dangerous, expect to be called out as the liar you are
Now that you are calling me a liar , please provide the proof.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

George wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:56 pm

No, you don't

And also please provide your beliefs on the symptoms of omicron. Looking forward to reading them
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Jack wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:55 pm
Listen you fool, i dont have to prove anything to you or anyone else. Youre totally brainwashed, so you believe what you like, That poster is genuine, its a fact. Ive seen the same thing in other places from epidemiologists . I have articles here from Daily Telegraph New Zealand edition, with stuff in it that our government censors, so they can brainwash fools like you.
You carry on believing all the crap from the government, and ill carry on questioning it, based on articles from scientists, that aren't shackled by our authoritarian government.
Ill tell you this, i wish i hadnt took the vaccine for sure, but its in me now and i cant ever remove it. Worst thing i ever did
Im not engaging with any of you people on this subject from now on, because you havent got an open mind. Youve been got at, good and proper
Has the vaccine impacted your life in some way? Not getting as good a 5G signal as you hoped?
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

OK - so you can’t demonstrate that the graph is from the PHS site. What a surprise. Are you related to Thor by any chance? You do have a similar style.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

George wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:56 pm

No, you don't

viewtopic.php?p=239976#p239976

If you've found proof that the lie that Omricon is just like a cold then please present it and I'll retract

But you won't, because it was bollocks
Jack
Fresh Alias

Post by Jack »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:09 pm

Has the vaccine impacted your life in some way? Not getting as good a 5G signal as you hoped?
At the moment no, but it has on my partner. within a day of having it, she has had nothing but health problems. Lost count of the times weve been to hospital for tests x rays scans etc.
none of us know of the medium and long term effects on us, because there havent been any long term tests.
Thousands have had terrible effects from the vaccine, including lots of deaths, which the msm wont publish.
she's really unwell since the vaccine
Still wrong
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Still wrong »

Still wrong wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:13 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:09 pm It's worrying that the dates keep getting pushed back.

First it's they'll start vaccination in December and by spring we'll be normal, now we're hearing maybe summer.
My guess is the vaccines will be nowhere near as good as they claim and the Governments will have spunked the money up the wall.
I don’t suppose they have asked for a money back Guarantee if these vaccines don’t preform as they claim.
Wasn’t wrong was I.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Jack wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:24 pm
At the moment no, but it has on my partner. within a day of having it, she has had nothing but health problems. Lost count of the times weve been to hospital for tests x rays scans etc.
none of us know of the medium and long term effects on us, because there havent been any long term tests.
Thousands have had terrible effects from the vaccine, including lots of deaths, which the msm wont publish.
Sorry to hear that. AZ jab i suppose?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Still wrong wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:37 pm
Still wrong wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:13 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:09 pm It's worrying that the dates keep getting pushed back.

First it's they'll start vaccination in December and by spring we'll be normal, now we're hearing maybe summer.
My guess is the vaccines will be nowhere near as good as they claim and the Governments will have spunked the money up the wall.
I don’t suppose they have asked for a money back Guarantee if these vaccines don’t preform as they claim.
Wasn’t wrong was I.
AZ was as cheap as could be and did what it was designed to do. Unreasonable to expect it to work against a heavily mutated virus.
Pfizer costs a lot more but at least it is still partially effecive against Omicron.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Anyone interested may want to watch this . It gives a clear and up to date picture of the optimism among scientists that this variant manifests its way in a mild form. Much less troubling than the previous variants. You can click on links provided to check for yourself. Sit down and have a listen , curry crap and chips. You may learn something
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

George wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:43 pm I am afraid , other than dodgy you tube commentators, the BBC is your best bet.
You yourself called them dodgy and yet you posted them above

Admit you lied and stop quadrupling down
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Any luck finding the link to that chart on the PHS site? I’m prepared to take you more seriously if you can. Otherwise the only alternative is to think you’re a swivel-eyed loon like that bloke Thor who used to spout the same rubbish.
Jack
Fresh Alias

Post by Jack »

BoniO wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:44 pm
Any luck finding the link to that chart on the PHS site? I’m prepared to take you more seriously if you can. Otherwise the only alternative is to think you’re a swivel-eyed loon like that bloke Thor who used to spout the same rubbish.
No, Im not a swivel eyed loon, you're a brainwashed fool
Goodnight, its bed time
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

The raw numbers in the chart are correct, and come from https://publichealthscotland.scot/media ... report.pdf

That's not a defence of the chart (which itself according to Jack came from Twitter, which I have not seen, so I don't know the context in which it was posted). Anyone can cherry-pick numbers from published data and use it to present or support an argument.

When looking at hospitalizations/deaths you need to take into account the age distribution of the population you are sampling (in this case Scotland). This gives a set of age-standardized numbers, which is a much truer interpretation of vaccinated vs unvaccinated stats.

Eg (from the PHS report related to hospitalizations):

On average, unvaccinated individuals are younger than individuals with two or more doses of COVID-19 vaccine. Older individuals are more likely to be hospitalised than younger individuals. To account for the different age distribution of individuals in each vaccine status, age-standardised hospitalisation rates are reported in Table 14 and Figure 17. In all age groups, the age standardised hospitalisation rate of admissions per 100,000 were higher in unvaccinated individuals compared to vaccinated individuals.

As the PHS report concludes, taking into account the age standardized numbers, it is better to be vaccinated than not for both hospitalizations and deaths.

I do find the attacks on Jack a bit OTT, especially given what he said about his partner. I think people are entitled to look for explanations for their personal circumstances and it's not always easy to distinguish between what's true, what's lies, and what's somewhere in between (which perhaps the chart is, an out of context presentation of raw data).