Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Long slender neck »

George wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:00 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:55 am Anyone know where I can track Omicron numbers?
Why would you want to. It is doubling every 2 days and by the end of December it will be the dominant variant. The half baked restrictions are not doing anything to slow it’s progress and all evidence points to it being no more threatening than a cold. No deaths have been attributed to this variant.
Instead of acting on the result of the problem , as we always do , we should be sharpening our efforts along with WHO to attack the cause. We should be insisting on countries achieving 80% vaccination and placing restrictions on those that don’t. Until this happens , we may be dealing with variants for years and others may be more destructive than this one.
I've got an interest in the subject and want to know how much danger im in.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

George wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:49 pm All the evidence suggests currently. I can’t , unfortunately, predict the future. Plus I was commenting on Wumbles thread . Add something or don’t bother posting
He's got a point though. A good WUM needs to be consistent and not all over the shop.
Jack
Fresh Alias

Post by Jack »

I found this graphic online. Published by Public Health Scotland, it makes interesting reading.
I make no comment, i just thought its interesting, and goes against what we are generally being told

George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

I am going to confidently predict that you will be around to see the O’s gain promotion this season.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

George wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:49 pm All the evidence suggests currently. I can’t , unfortunately, predict the future. Plus I was commenting on Wumbles thread . Add something or don’t bother posting
Can you please post links to all this evidence? As I'm unable to find much concrete evidence on Omicron at all

Pointing out your old, tired, lazy, bollox conflation of Covid with the cold is adding something btw
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

I am afraid , other than dodgy you tube commentators, the BBC is your best bet.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Jack wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:07 pm I found this graphic online. Published by Public Health Scotland, it makes interesting reading.
I make no comment, i just thought its interesting, and goes against what we are generally being told

Is there a link for this as I looked and could not find it
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

George wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:43 pm I am afraid , other than dodgy you tube commentators, the BBC is your best bet.
The BBC has said Omicron is no worse than a cold?

Sounds interesting, where did they say this?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Jason Leitch the Scotch CMO was on the wireless earlier saying that if any member of your household gets The Covids it is necessary to isolate for 10 days. Even if jabbed up.

If you come into contact with an infected person on a work or social basis then you can PCR test and release.

Lockdown is on the horizon. Just hope we get free money again.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:03 pm
George wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:43 pm I am afraid , other than dodgy you tube commentators, the BBC is your best bet.

I have read and heard that at the moment symptoms are mild. And all previous pandemics have eventually turned into the colds and flu that are about every year.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Story of O wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:28 pm

I have read and heard that at the moment symptoms are mild. And all previous pandemics have eventually turned into the colds and flu that are about every year.
Please post links to said commentary on symptoms

Especially reports it is similar to a cold as George appears to be struggling
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Omicron could cause between 25,000 and 75,000 deaths in England over the next five months without tougher Covid restrictions, experts have told the government.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Nah, George said it's basically like having a cold and so did the BBC apparently and he's definitely not lying about either thing
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you are using my lines now."add something" .
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Story of O wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:57 pm
Jack wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:07 pm I found this graphic online. Published by Public Health Scotland, it makes interesting reading.

You'll be looking for a long time, unless you know the loony tunes conspiracy website that Jack uses. Particularly like the "I make no comment" bit. Used to be a bloke on here called Thor who used that expression.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:50 pm

Please post links to said commentary on symptoms

Especially reports it is similar to a cold as George appears to be struggling
Get off your arse and look yourself
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:49 pm Nah, George said it's basically like having a cold and so did the BBC apparently and he's definitely not lying about either thing
Get off your lazy arse and look yourself
Jack
Fresh Alias

Post by Jack »

Click on the link below. Its Scottish Government Public Health Scotland ( not an anti vax site i assure you)
https://publichealthscotland.scot/publi ... mber-2021/
Jack
Fresh Alias

Post by Jack »

BoniO wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:15 pm

You'll be looking for a long time, unless you know the loony tunes conspiracy website that Jack uses. Particularly like the "I make no comment" bit. Used to be a bloke on here called Thor who used that expression.
It isnt a 'loony' site, its Scottish Government site. Have a look and wake up to the truth

Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

George wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:29 pm
Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:49 pm Nah, George said it's basically like having a cold and so did the BBC apparently and he's definitely not lying about either thing
It's not down to me to prove your dangerous lies though is it?

Shame you won't admit you were lying when you lied about Omicron being basically the cold.

Given the amount you comment about the pandemic I'd of thought you'd have a semblance of credibility
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Jack wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:39 pm
BoniO wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:15 pm

It isnt a 'loony' site, its Scottish Government site. Have a look and wake up to the truth

Yes that does take you to a Scottish Government website. So now just show the complete link that takes you to that actual graph. If you can do that I'll apologise profusely. The actual link from that graph takes you to an image sharing site - not the government site.

"Wake up to the truth" as a statement supporting a blatantly false graph knocked up by some Covid denying fruit loop. Priceless. There are lies, damn lies and then there are (right-wing) statistics.
Last edited by BoniO on Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Regardless of where the chart came from, there are perfectly plausible explanations for why the number of deaths among the vaccinated are higher than the unvaccinated, for example to do with demographics.

When you take into account aged standardised deaths, according to the doctor on the BBC this morning, deaths in the unvaccinated are around 4 to 4.5 times that of vaccinated.

The fact remains that having the vaccination is the sensible and responsible thing to do.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:46 pm
George wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:29 pm
It's not down to me to prove your dangerous lies though is it?

Shame you won't admit you were lying when you lied about Omicron being basically the cold.

Given the amount you comment about the pandemic I'd of thought you'd have a semblance of credibility
I have to prove nothing to you. Don’t really care what you think. If you have anything constructive to add to , what was a well mannered set of posts , please feel free.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:33 pm Would be good to know. As I think I said earlier in the thread, if it isn’t as severe then it might end up being a good thing. Highly transmission means everyone gets natural immunity without getting ill. Would also mean that number of daily infections wouldn’t really matter too much and therefore restrictions can ease again.
Wouldn't be so sure about natural immunity. I heard something about reinfection but can't be bothered to look it up.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:44 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:33 pm Would be good to know. As I think I said earlier in the thread, if it isn’t as severe then it might end up being a good thing. Highly transmission means everyone gets natural immunity without getting ill. Would also mean that number of daily infections wouldn’t really matter too much and therefore restrictions can ease again.
Wouldn't be so sure about natural immunity. I heard something about reinfection but can't be bothered to look it up.
I thought that was reinfection for those that already had covid, because with the mutations it was like a new illness to the immune system. Natural immunity would still start to develop after being infected