Ebbsfleet Having a Clearout of Contracted Players

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Ebbsfleet Having a Clearout of Contracted Players

Post by Sid Bishop »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:24 pm
Blaming Gorman for being sh*t in April 2020 because he missed July 2019 pre season is ridiculous. Pre season is all about fitness, that’s it. And the amount of time Dale has been back in training, there’s no excuse for fitness being an issue at all.

Lack of match sharpness because of no game time is a different matter and it’s a fair point. But as others have said, the likes of Happe and Marvin have both been dropped in and consistently delivered.

Still think there’s a player in there and really hope he can home good but the reason he hasn’t as yet is not because he’s unfit.
All valid points. I just wonder if Gorman's ankle injury proved to be worse than it was thought to be at the time of his signing ?
When I watch him play he sometimes seems to pull out of tackles, perhaps playing on his mind about getting injured again ?
Silly signing anyway, we are not a mega bucks rich football club who can afford to speculate by buying quite badly injured players and HOPE they get over those injuries and be as good as they were pre-injury. We did the same thing when signing Jamie Sendles-White who was in recovery for an ACL knee injury, again did not work out well. Go out and buy fit players who are up and running to play straight away, not buy in players who are months away from getting match fit.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 2:39 pm
Blaming Gorman for being sh*t in April 2020 because he missed July 2019 pre season is ridiculous. Pre season is all about fitness, that’s it. And the amount of time Dale has been back in training, there’s no excuse for fitness being an issue at all.

Lack of match sharpness because of no game time is a different matter and it’s a fair point. But as others have said, the likes of Happe and Marvin have both been dropped in and consistently delivered.

Still think there’s a player in there and really hope he can home good but the reason he hasn’t as yet is not because he’s unfit.
All valid points. I just wonder if Gorman's ankle injury proved to be worse than it was thought to be at the time of his signing ?
When I watch him play he sometimes seems to pull out of tackles, perhaps playing on his mind about getting injured again ?
Silly signing anyway, we are not a mega bucks rich football club who can afford to speculate by buying quite badly injured players and HOPE they get over those injuries and be as good as they were pre-injury. We did the same thing when signing Jamie Sendles-White who was in recovery for an ACL knee injury, again did not work out well. Go out and buy fit players who are up and running to play straight away, not buy in players who are months away from getting match fit.
Don't forget Teddy Mezague as well. We've tried it and it didn't work out so hopefully we don't make this same mistake again.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

And when ML brought in Sam Parkin all those years ago I seem to remember him saying needed to get match fit after his injury
A Pedant
Fresh Alias

Post by A Pedant »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:24 pm Blaming Gorman for being sh*t in April 2020 because he missed July 2019 pre season is ridiculous.
He's going to be injured this coming summer too? :)
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

I’ve no idea how Adams has been performing at ebsfleet but based on his time with us I would be pleased with his return.
The one occasion I did see him against us he was played as an attacking midfielder and not in a defensive ball winning role which he excelled at.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 2:39 pm

100% agree with you Sid
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Redcard wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:14 am I’ve no idea how Adams has been performing at ebsfleet but based on his time with us I would be pleased with his return.
The one occasion I did see him against us he was played as an attacking midfielder and not in a defensive ball winning role which he excelled at.
Exactly, wonder why so many football clubs do this, sign a player on who has been playing well in a certain position and role, then put them in a different position and role and then wonder as to why they are not playing so well ? Yes some players ARE adaptable and enjoy playing in varied roles, but Adams played so well in a central holding midfield role, so surely a case of leaving the lad well alone and letting him play in the position where he is best suited, something Ebbsfleet did NOT do !
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:39 am
Redcard wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:14 am I’ve no idea how Adams has been performing at ebsfleet but based on his time with us I would be pleased with his return.
Exactly, wonder why so many football clubs do this, sign a player on who has been playing well in a certain position and role, then put them in a different position and role and then wonder as to why they are not playing so well ? Yes some players ARE adaptable and enjoy playing in varied roles, but Adams played so well in a central holding midfield role, so surely a case of leaving the lad well alone and letting him play in the position where he is best suited, something Ebbsfleet did NOT do !
That seems to be the case Sid. Even in the early games he was only getting an hour before being subbed. All very odd.