Ebbsfleet Having a Clearout of Contracted Players

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Ebbsfleet Having a Clearout of Contracted Players

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

orienfan64920 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:45 pm
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:26 pm
orienfan64920 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:19 pm Adams can do one. Surprised people wouldn't mind him coming back, given that he messed the club around for ages, before rejecting us because "Ebbsfleet are more ambitious." He's a w anchor in my book.
^

This is the sort of reason I can imagine Adams not fancying a return. I know we only have a minority like this but they're a vocal minority, sadly.
Yeah, Adams is going to base his career decisions off of opinions on an internet forum.
No but the jeers and abuse he copped at the games might.
Lofctillwedie
Fresh Alias

Post by Lofctillwedie »

We need a midfielder who has been released by a league one club who can play next to clay or be a backup as Jobi I doubt will play 46+games
orienfan64920
Fresh Alias

Post by orienfan64920 »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:01 pm
orienfan64920 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:45 pm
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:26 pm

^

This is the sort of reason I can imagine Adams not fancying a return. I know we only have a minority like this but they're a vocal minority, sadly.
Yeah, Adams is going to base his career decisions off of opinions on an internet forum.
No but the jeers and abuse he copped at the games might.
Adams doesn't care about anything other than money don't worry mate.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Not true as we offered him more money than Ebbsfleet, dont believe me? Adam's said it himself.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Red_Army wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:59 pm Besides, we should be looking at players who have had more than a decent season at NLS, a good 4 months at NL and an average season at NL regardless of how good they were for us. If he hadn't have played for us, and we signed him, people would be understandably disappointed.
More importantly this ^^^

Adams did nothing in his previous time at U23 level and his EFL loan. Had a few good months with us in a mid-table NL finish then went missing for the following season at Ebbsfleet. Not really worth making a big gamble on as a first-choice L2 player.
orienfan64920
Fresh Alias

Post by orienfan64920 »

Thor wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:43 pm Not true as we offered him more money than Ebbsfleet, dont believe me? Adam's said it himself.
Obviously he's going to say that, he's hardly going to admit he only cares about money is he?
blindpew
Fresh Alias

Post by blindpew »

gshaw wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 5:11 pm
Red_Army wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:59 pm Besides, we should be looking at players who have had more than a decent season at NLS, a good 4 months at NL and an average season at NL regardless of how good they were for us. If he hadn't have played for us, and we signed him, people would be understandably disappointed.

Adams did nothing in his previous time at U23 level and his EFL loan. Had a few good months with us in a mid-table NL finish then went missing for the following season at Ebbsfleet. Not really worth making a big gamble on as a first-choice L2 player.
THIS^
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

Michael Cheek has signed for Bromley this afternoon.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

banqo wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:35 pm Michael Cheek has signed for Bromley this afternoon.
Bummer for Ebbsfleet. Butt good for Bromley.
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:46 pm
banqo wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:35 pm Michael Cheek has signed for Bromley this afternoon.
Bummer for Ebbsfleet. Butt good for Bromley.
:D
Joe_Mayo
Fresh Alias

Post by Joe_Mayo »

Based on what I saw of Adams, I'd have him back in a flash. He's clearly been badly advised by a sh*t agent and got sold a pack of lies by Ebbsfleet.
I've got no idea whether he burnt his bridges with us and left on bad terms. If so that's another matter.
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

I can't see the rush to sign a number of players from a mid-table non league side. It shows where they are that Cheek jumped at Bromley. I'd doubt Whitely would be coming here as I understood JMD was brought in after Ebbsfleet agreed and then withdrew from a deal with us in January. That position is covered now. Who knows if Adams would even be good enough and whether better or more proven opportunities exist elsewhere? What i do know is that Adams could play the role physically, but would he add to the side in the manner that JE wanted him to?
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

He played well whilst he was here, he didn’t have a good season at Ebbsfleet, both statements are true and factual, Gshaw said he had a bad time at u23 level, I’ll take his word for that, however he is the deemed not good enough or a risk to take him on here.

I’d suggest that JE knows how to get the best out of him, he did it first time around when others had arguably failed to do so, and I’d back him to be able to do it once more. The issue is the messing around that went on previously, how pissed off the people were that were involved, cos some don’t like to be messed around and in football you normally only get one shot then it’s goodbye and see ya.
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

U23 is so different to senior football, as we witnessed last night. We started with a team where 5 of our team could be playing in that Villa side, but the speed and physicality are so different.

Adams played further forward for Ebbsfleet which may not suit him at our level and is possibly why he had a poor season. His physicality and engine are good, but maybe keeping that going over a sustained period was not feasible for him. He has the same agent as McMahon, so possibly where the influence came from. He did well for us but chose a different path. Good luck to him.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

He’s not good enough on the ball to play further forward successfully.

Where he is now I’ve no idea but would take the Adams of 17/18 in a heartbeat.
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

Got a feeling Gorman will improve next season. Hope so . Maybe do a Clay
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

There’s something in Gorman for sure. Maybe he can put himself in contention for a starting place. But he’ll have to go some.

We need 2 in to replace Lee and Lawless.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Im surprised some on here think theres 'something' in Gorman, and that he will improve next season

I fail to see any evidence of that. He has been poor all season, with, IMO, nothing to suggest, he is suddenly going to improve & become a good player
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Well, most fans thought Clay was utter tripe his first season, and not many would have been disappointed had we binned him off last summer. But he looked a completely different player this season, getting better as it went on. So I guess that’s the hope with Gorman too.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:23 am Im surprised some on here think theres 'something' in Gorman, and that he will improve next season

I fail to see any evidence of that. He has been poor all season, with, IMO, nothing to suggest, he is suddenly going to improve & become a good player
He has the vision to look for the forward pass a lot of the time, which is something our other CMs don't do (Jobi aside as he's a different class). However he was equally very sloppy in possession doing the basics, which for me was down to a lack of match fitness (remember no reserve games at NL level)

He's not the midfield general we all crave but might be the creative player that can unlock defences if he works bloody hard over summer. If not he's facing a future career at non-league or below.
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

No match fitness is a very generous excuse.

Happe had been sitting on the bench all season before getting in the side, in fact before his break of luck against Salford he had managed only 90 mins in 2 sub appearances and some cup games. Didn't seem to affect him much. Gorman had at least the same pitch time, perhaps more, although didn't get a run in the side.

I think he has some goals in him and could have decent set-piece delivery, but definitely needs to be paired up with the right partner in midfield.

Too much of a gamble to be first choice next year IMO, so not many chances left.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

Happe didn't have a long-term injury that stopped him having a full pre-season. No-one would deny Gorman will have to prove himself but clearly his preparations for this season were less than ideal.

Are people still going on about Ebou and ambition FFS? Seriously move on.
The Big Shot
Fresh Alias

Post by The Big Shot »

gshaw wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 5:11 pm

The most accurate post in this thread so far.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:52 pm Happe didn't have a long-term injury that stopped him having a full pre-season. No-one would deny Gorman will have to prove himself but clearly his preparations for this season were less than ideal.

Are people still going on about Ebou and ambition FFS? Seriously move on.
Blaming Gorman for being sh*t in April 2020 because he missed July 2019 pre season is ridiculous. Pre season is all about fitness, that’s it. And the amount of time Dale has been back in training, there’s no excuse for fitness being an issue at all.

Lack of match sharpness because of no game time is a different matter and it’s a fair point. But as others have said, the likes of Happe and Marvin have both been dropped in and consistently delivered.

Still think there’s a player in there and really hope he can home good but the reason he hasn’t as yet is not because he’s unfit.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

Imma break this down as simply as possible for the idiots.

- The stuff about ambition WAS A WIND-UP. It was one of several totally made up quotes on the old forum by another boarder. Adams did not actually say Ebbsfleet was a more ambitious club.

- Adams thought he could reach the EFL with Ebbsfleet. Fair, IMO - they finished above us last season and were one of the favourites for promotion this. Most people were predicting them to finish above us.

- No-one is saying Orient are not ambitious or had no potential to progress. But BY THE OWNERS' ADMISSION we were promoted ahead of schedule. They have said in TV and radio interviews they thought it would take 4-5 years to get promoted.

- There's no way Adams or his agent could have possibly known at the time that Ebbsfleet were so close to being in serious financial trouble. That's just ridiculous.

- Adams was very good for us for half a season. There's no guarantee he'd have maintained his form here had he stayed.

- Adams is 23 years old. It's absurd to gloat as if he's wasted the only chance he'll ever have to play in the EFL by rejecting us.

- Nobody knows what went on behind the scenes that caused Adams to choose Ebbsfleet over us, but that's fine. He doesn't owe anyone any explanations, and it's crazy to think he does.