Swindon (H) Match / Exiles

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Swindon (H) Match / Exiles

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

#EMBELTON IN.
Simple Man
Fresh Alias

Post by Simple Man »

dOh Nut wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:26 pm
Simple Man wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:23 pm Simply JE got more out of them than RE will ever be able to do. Not REs fault as such just JE was exceptional last year.
The question is would an experienced Manager/Head Coach get more out of this squad than Ross? I can’t see them doing worse.

I’m looking at the bottom of the table more closely these days.
Agree. Don't see it being any worse with someone else but will be difficult to find another JE. Can't see any change for a while though.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

dOh Nut wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:38 pm
gshaw wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:35 pm JMD pulls one out of the top drawer to find the top corner 1-3
Game ON. :lol:
They've at least had a few attempts since going to the 4-3-3 or whatever it is. May actually have had a chance had it been played from the start.
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Busy elsewhere again today, and proudly keeping up my zero% attendance record this season (I reckon I’ll rock up in November). Fank feck for that by the sounds of it :o
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

gshaw wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:43 pm
gshaw wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:35 pm JMD pulls one out of the top drawer to find the top corner 1-3
They've at least had a few attempts since going to the 4-3-3 or whatever it is. May actually have had a chance had it been played from the start.
Got to wonder haven’t you.
Simple Man
Fresh Alias

Post by Simple Man »

RE just following JE tactics from last season. Difference is the calibre of players we are up against. JE changed formation because he has to given results. RE has to be his own man and not try to be JE.
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:20 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:11 pm
Frogger wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:07 pm Really like RE and I think he is a great coach, he needs help and fast. Would like him to remain at the club but we need experienced man at the helm.
What is it that he's done that makes you say he's a great coach...genuine question?
Agree @ComeOnYouOs
RE great football coach ?
Evidence please from those who think so !!
The work he did with the team last season to help win the league.
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

I would hope Dross takes responsibility for this in the post-match interview. The initial formation just handed them the initiative.

If he goes down the road of blaming the players like Davis did, there may be a similar result.

All said and done, we have won one League game in the last six. Looking at the fixtures coming up, we could easily be one win in 10 games at the end of September... that might not be enough for him even though relegation seems very unlikely.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

dOh Nut wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:50 pm

A goal gets pulled back when we switch to a more attack minded mindset but PLEASE... no more about the tactical nous of R.E !!
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

FT 1-3

Just be thankful the Swindon players got complacent and tool their foot off the gas or that would've been a cricket score
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:56 pm

A goal gets pulled back when we switch to a more attack minded mindset but PLEASE... no more about the tactical nous of R.E !!
On the contrary that should be *exactly* what we hear more of tonight. Time to step down Ross, you're out of your depth.

Attitude, application, physicality were a disgrace today. No defending what we saw in that first half. Only JMD can come out of that game with any credit.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Frogger wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:54 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:20 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:11 pm

What is it that he's done that makes you say he's a great coach...genuine question?
Agree @ComeOnYouOs
RE great football coach ?
Evidence please from those who think so !!
The work he did with the team last season to help win the league.
Being as non of us were actually there to witness first hand what went on behind the scenes last season, I would hazard a guess that having JE as Manager and Head Coach, had far more to do with the Os success than the influence and input of R.E and D.W.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

gshaw wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:58 pm

On the contrary that should be *exactly* what we hear more of tonight. Time to step down Ross, you're out of your depth.

Attitude, application, physicality were a disgrace today. No defending what we saw in that first half. Only JMD can come out of that game with any credit.
I agree. R.E as our full time manager, I dont think he is up to the job.
Simple Man
Fresh Alias

Post by Simple Man »

I have to agree.
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

gshaw wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:57 pm FT 1-3

Just be thankful the Swindon players got complacent and tool their foot off the gas or that would've been a cricket score
Also if any of our player had enough bottle in front of goal and could shoot we could maybe even had a second.But an embarrassing home display! Too many players kept on for sentimental reasons
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

End of the today it's not the result that bothers me. I've seen us lose 5-0 at Arsenal but we went up there and tried to take the game to them, came out at the end with pride intact.

Today Ross submitted to Swindon before the game even started. Ran scared of their attack and nullified our own qualities to use a formation we've all seen doesn't work. Just sat back and allowed them to dictate the game. Doesn't get much more embarrassing than having a fellow L2 team showboating after 45 minutes.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Sid Bishop wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:06 pm

As much as it saddens me to say it, he is not up to the job. Not just about the results but the team organisation. Just don’t seem to be there. Shipping goals all over. Sure, better quality opposition but for gods sake our defence has gone walkabout.

The only question now is how long the Board let the situation roll on. Time for a tough decision in the board room. Will they stick or twist. Easy option is do nothing yet. Which is what I expect.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

gshaw wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:16 pm End of the today it's not the result that bothers me. I've seen us lose 5-0 at Arsenal but we went up there and tried to take the game to them, came out at the end with pride intact.

Today Ross submitted to Swindon before the game even started. Ran scared of their attack and nullified our own qualities to use a formation we've all seen doesn't work. Just sat back and allowed them to dictate the game. Doesn't get much more embarrassing than having a fellow L2 team showboating after 45 minutes.
That’s the truth. He took a cautious almost cowardly stance with the formation and we got a football lesson.
LeytonOstone
Fresh Alias

Post by LeytonOstone »

There were so many things wrong with that first 60 odd minutes.
Formation, work rate, application, team selection, attitude, individual perfomances- all poor.
Swindon were a yard at least faster, creating space and closing us down straight away. Not sure who was tasked with marking their no.7 who ran us ragged...looked like no-one.
Not sure if the late improvement was them taking foot off gas or the eventual more attacking formation and better players we eventually introduced.
Overall RE must take blame for that first hour of rubbish and ultimately the result..
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

dOh Nut wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:21 pm

As much as it saddens me to say it, he is not up to the job. Not just about the results but the team organisation. Just don’t seem to be there. Shipping goals all over. Sure, better quality opposition but for gods sake our defence has gone walkabout.

The only question now is how long the Board let the situation roll on. Time for a tough decision in the board room. Will they stick or twist. Easy option is do nothing yet. Which is what I expect.
@dOh Nut
You got a bit carried away and spoke from your heart after the Mansfield game. Now the head has taken control again.
Perhaps read what you wrote at the time and have a good chuckle, you meant well !!
The tactics and formation RE chose today came well short, we need to get better soon, dont want a relegation battle this season do we !!
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

LeytonOstone wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:33 pm Not sure if the late improvement was them taking foot off gas or the eventual more attacking formation and better players we eventually introduced.
Overall RE must take blame for that first hour of rubbish and ultimately the result..
20% better Orient play & formation
80% Swindon complacency and taking foot off

Basically Orient v Gateshead from a few years back but without the comback
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

dOh Nut wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:22 pm
gshaw wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:16 pm End of the today it's not the result that bothers me. I've seen us lose 5-0 at Arsenal but we went up there and tried to take the game to them, came out at the end with pride intact.

That’s the truth. He took a cautious almost cowardly stance with the formation and we got a football lesson.
Absolbloodyutely
P&O
Fresh Alias

Post by P&O »

Worth giving credit to Swindon. Although we did our best to make them look good I thought they were a great side at this level. Absolutely taught us a lesson.

I honestly think that they were playing at 50% in the second half.

Continuing to use the 5 at the back formation is utter madness. JE was forced to use it last season due to injuries. It was a necessary formation to get us over the line in the conference.

To start games with it in league 2 is utterly bonkers. Swindon sussed us out within 5 minutes and were comfortably in the lead at half time.

The goal this season is to stay up. I don’t think we’re in danger of relegation...yet. But continue like this and it won’t just be Swindon banging 3 past us in 45 mins and coasting to an easy 3 points.
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

Totally agree, he needs to step down immediately to save himself and the club any further embarrassment, he is clearly just not up to the job.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

eagwgw wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:56 pm I would hope Dross takes responsibility for this in the post-match interview. The initial formation just handed them the initiative.

If he goes down the road of blaming the players like Davis did, there may be a similar result.

All said and done, we have won one League game in the last six. Looking at the fixtures coming up, we could easily be one win in 10 games at the end of September... that might not be enough for him even though relegation seems very unlikely.
''I would hope Dross takes responsibility for this in the post-match interview.''
Many more results like today's and the nickname of ''Dross'' might well start to stick !!
Last edited by Sid Bishop on Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.