Swindon (H) Match / Exiles

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Swindon (H) Match / Exiles

Post by gshaw »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:54 pm Beyond awful. None of the players have a clue where they are meant to be. The ‘wing backs’ are in no mans land, normally 2 on 1. The central midfielder haven’t won a tackle. Wilkinson couldn’t hold his dinner down and Brill should have done better for both goals.

This could be 5 or 6. Ross looks completely out of his depth.
You missed a goal out, tbf not much Brill could do with the third but I don't blame you for trying to block it out :shock:

I said to a friend before the game we could be 0-2 or 0-3 down before Ross changes away from the 5-3-2 and so it came to pass :|
Last edited by gshaw on Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

But who’s out there helping RE?? After all we do have a “management team”
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

No jmd no dennis plus the owners must take some foult as we should have got a manager in the building the moment justin died sorry but becausr they did not want to spend money get the easy way ffs
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

Really like RE and I think he is a great coach, he needs help and fast. Would like him to remain at the club but we need experienced man at the helm.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

gshaw wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:37 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:25 pm I think he is just being very cautious against a good side. Come 5pm we will see if he was right, for now I’m prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.
That's where I'm at for now too although have to admit don't like the idea of giving the other side our fear / respect. Hope we can do the business, glad to see it'll be Harrold rather than Alabi coming off the bench at least.
Seems my support for Ross is perhaps unfounded. The formation just hasn’t delivered. Come 5pm? Make that 4pm. We have our answer.
Eat The Rich
Fresh Alias

Post by Eat The Rich »

JMD on, Happe off.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Frogger wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:07 pm Really like RE and I think he is a great coach, he needs help and fast. Would like him to remain at the club but we need experienced man at the helm.
What is it that he's done that makes you say he's a great coach...genuine question?
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

It’s pretty grim stuff alright. We look absolutely clueless. Think RE needs to step aside sooner rather than later before the rot really sets in.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

dOh Nut wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:10 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:25 pm I think he is just being very cautious against a good side. Come 5pm we will see if he was right, for now I’m prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.
That's where I'm at for now too although have to admit don't like the idea of giving the other side our fear / respect. Hope we can do the business, glad to see it'll be Harrold rather than Alabi coming off the bench at least.
Seems my support for Ross is perhaps unfounded. The formation just hasn’t delivered. Come 5pm? Make that 4pm. We have our answer.
Was hoping there may have been some sort of clever plan behind it but turns out just the same old hopeless formation and style that hasn't worked and still doesn't.

Physically we're not at the races either and there's no defending that.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Clay again looks shot out there, can't keep up with the pace. Get Marsh on and give the guy a rest, he doesn't look fit.
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

The O's show after the game might be interesting although won't be surprised if it was cancelled for technical reasons.

Given that no negatives are spoken about it they might be struggling for content.

Only positive I can think of so far is that this is the end of that formation.....did a job last year in helping us across line but it is flogging a dead horse now.
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

Yep not seen us so outplayed in years whatever system they're playing sure ain't working.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

gshaw wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:13 pm

Was hoping there may have been some sort of clever plan behind it but turns out just the same old hopeless formation and style that hasn't worked and still doesn't.

From the off I felt Ross was the easy option but as our manager I’ve been supportive, after the Mansfield result OTT in my support. But the fact of the matter he just isn’t the man for the job and it’s time for him to step aside before it’s too late.

Player for player we have a decent squad but they just don’t play as a team with ideas. Going back to the Davies days when good players looked bad due to the managers style. Gutted tbh.
Eat The Rich
Fresh Alias

Post by Eat The Rich »

eagwgw wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:16 pm The O's show after the game might be interesting although won't be surprised if it was cancelled for technical reasons.

Given that no negatives are spoken about it they might be struggling for content.

Only positive I can think of so far is that this is the end of that formation.....did a job last year in helping us across line but it is flogging a dead horse now.
Whilst I agree that our players don't seem capable of adapting to 3-5-3/5-3-2 we have to bare in mind that the reason we're playing this formation is due to anxieties about our ability to play others. Its one thing going 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 when you're going gung-ho and have nothing to to protect but doing it from the start is another thing. There's an argument that we'd face similar problems. A dodgy defence, a powder-puff central midfield, wingers with no end product and two strikers that don't appear to compliment each other.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:11 pm
Frogger wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:07 pm Really like RE and I think he is a great coach, he needs help and fast. Would like him to remain at the club but we need experienced man at the helm.
What is it that he's done that makes you say he's a great coach...genuine question?
Agree @ComeOnYouOs
RE great football coach ?
Evidence please from those who think so !!
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

gshaw wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:16 pm Clay again looks shot out there, can't keep up with the pace. Get Marsh on and give the guy a rest, he doesn't look fit.
Well Ross seems to agree but then puts the wrong sub on... Gorman for Clay :roll:

Marsh may as well get on the train back to Spurs now if he can't get a game ahead of those two.
Simple Man
Fresh Alias

Post by Simple Man »

Simply JE got more out of them than RE will ever be able to do. Not REs fault as such just JE was exceptional last year.
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

I’m actually enjoying watching Swindon
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Stowaway wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:11 pm It’s pretty grim stuff alright. We look absolutely clueless. Think RE needs to step aside sooner rather than later before the rot really sets in.
I made the point after the Salford game, at one point, set peice, 7 Orient players were pointing here and there, one was even pointing with both hands. My comment, either we have lots of leaders on the field, multiple captains or we don’t know what the feck we are doing.

I think my third option was about right. We are really lacking leadership and direction.
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

So our best player taken off
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Simple Man wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:23 pm Simply JE got more out of them than RE will ever be able to do. Not REs fault as such just JE was exceptional last year.
The question is would an experienced Manager/Head Coach get more out of this squad than Ross? I can’t see them doing worse.

I’m looking at the bottom of the table more closely these days.
Last edited by F*ck The Poor & Fat on Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Ross officially chucks the towel in on this game, Angol off (presumably to avoid a second yellow) for Dennis.

That said he pretty much have up before we even started with the 5-3-2.

Nearly 0-4 but saved by the offside flag.
Last edited by gshaw on Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

dOh Nut wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:19 pm
gshaw wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:13 pm

From the off I felt Ross was the easy option but as our manager I’ve been supportive, after the Mansfield result OTT in my support. But the fact of the matter he just isn’t the man for the job and it’s time for him to step aside before it’s too late.

Player for player we have a decent squad but they just don’t play as a team with ideas. Going back to the Davies days when good players looked bad due to the managers style. Gutted tbh.
Dear @dOh Nut, as I said at the time, you and some others went rather overboard about the manager-ship qualities of RE after the comeback at the Mansfield away win, as for myself, I was never that convinced and as I and a few others said at the time.... ''One Swallow does not make for a Summer'' !! As to Wilkinson, first time I saw him and Angol play pre-season, Angol impressed me straight away, but Wilkinson not so. Very average on the evidence so far, not much of a goal threat and nowhere near as good as Bonne especially when it comes to work-rate, chasing down balls and harrying defenders plus of course Bonne's goal scoring ability.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

JMD pulls one out of the top drawer to find the top corner 1-3
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

gshaw wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:35 pm JMD pulls one out of the top drawer to find the top corner 1-3
Game ON. :lol: