Ratings.

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Ratings.

Post by Beradogs »

A lot of our players not bothered today which is a bit of a pisss take when people have payed out hard earned money in what is a pretty difficult economic environment. You don’t mind losing but the first 15 mins we spent passing sideways and back to Lawrence like it was funny. Have some pride.
Vigouroux. 6. Can’t remember him making a save but might be wrong.
James. 6.5. MOM. One lovely cross and hit the post with a peach of a free kick. Replaced just after half time. If we can keep him then all things possible next season.
Beccles. 6. Goal was either his or Thompsons fault. Beccles was blaming Tommo. I am not sure, perhaps someone at the game like plumber can put me right on a few things I am unsure of.
Thompson. 5.5. Looked better at right back to be honest. Favourite position today and is weakest game since back. Minus 1 if goal was his fault.
Wood. 5. Didn’t play particularly well. Will Wood start every game in a championship winning side. Probably not. Do you have to accept that some positions will be weaker than others and he will do a job next season. Probably.
Hector. 5. Oh hector. Splits opinions on here. I just don’t see it. Will he start next season? Almost impossible to know whether Wellens rates him or not.
Guess we find out in the summer.
Pratley. 4. One of the main culprits for not being bothered at all today. Hey, Darren, not really fair for all the people who made the effort is it.
Brown. 4. Couple of decent games again out of position and now back to where you would think he is more comfortable and had a shocker.
Archibald. 5. Meh. Blows hot and cold. Sometimes match to match, sometimes in one match. Frustrating. Is he perhaps slightly overrated?
Smyth. 6.5. Gets a high mark not through anything he did especially but because he actually tried and cared.
Drinnan. 6. Worked hard enough but no goal threat.

Subs. Ruel. 5. Lost the ball about 10 times. Smith. 5. Put himself about, I guess.

Wellens. 6. Funny that we finished mid table because a mid table side sums us up perfectly. To get in the top 3 places next season we need big upgrades in midfield.

Tranmere. 6. Didn’t have to do much to beat us.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Ratings.

Post by gshaw »

Thanks for the ratings, I think it's story of the season that midfield gets the lowest marks of the XI. RW interview suggested he's only looking to bring one midfielder in but I think we really need two replacements to have any chance next season.

Take one from Kyprianou, Brown, Coleman to keep in the squad as a 4th choice cup game filler player then loan the rest out to NL imo
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

Cheers Bera..
I make you right about Wood..Had so much space at times yet when he received the ball he was pushed of it or just gave it away..
Drinan? Personally I thought he was hopeless..
At the end of the day we were much to casual for my liking.Disappointing end to the season
y o y o y
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by y o y o y »

Not a good game from either side.
Difficult to rate the players when we had nothing to play for. Disappointed that we didn't put on the show that Wellens said he wanted in his pre match interview .
Great to see Tom James back ,he played well and was unlucky with a excellent free kick .
I thought Drinan? fouled their man which made him handball it. We don't do pens anyway
PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PutneyO »

I'll give them all 5 just for turning up
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Beradogs wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:47 pm A lot of our players not bothered today which is a bit of a pisss take when people have payed out hard earned money in what is a pretty difficult economic environment. You don’t mind losing but the first 15 mins we spent passing sideways and back to Lawrence like it was funny. Have some pride.
Vigouroux. 6. Can’t remember him making a save but might be wrong.
James. 6.5. MOM. One lovely cross and hit the post with a peach of a free kick. Replaced just after half time. If we can keep him then all things possible next season.
Beccles. 6. Goal was either his or Thompsons fault. Beccles was blaming Tommo. I am not sure, perhaps someone at the game like plumber can put me right on a few things I am unsure of.
Thompson. 5.5. Looked better at right back to be honest. Favourite position today and is weakest game since back. Minus 1 if goal was his fault.
Wood. 5. Didn’t play particularly well. Will Wood start every game in a championship winning side. Probably not. Do you have to accept that some positions will be weaker than others and he will do a job next season. Probably.
Hector. 5. Oh hector. Splits opinions on here. I just don’t see it. Will he start next season? Almost impossible to know whether Wellens rates him or not.
Guess we find out in the summer.
Pratley. 4. One of the main culprits for not being bothered at all today. Hey, Darren, not really fair for all the people who made the effort is it.
Brown. 4. Couple of decent games again out of position and now back to where you would think he is more comfortable and had a shocker.
Archibald. 5. Meh. Blows hot and cold. Sometimes match to match, sometimes in one match. Frustrating. Is he perhaps slightly overrated?
Smyth. 6.5. Gets a high mark not through anything he did especially but because he actually tried and cared.
Drinnan. 6. Worked hard enough but no goal threat.

Subs. Ruel. 5. Lost the ball about 10 times. Smith. 5. Put himself about, I guess.

Wellens. 6. Funny that we finished mid table because a mid table side sums us up perfectly. To get in the top 3 places next season we need big upgrades in midfield.

Tranmere. 6. Didn’t have to do much to beat us.
I agree with your opening comment Bera. We played that first half like we already had our flip flops on . Second half we picked up the tempo and was unlucky not to equalise on a couple of occasions .
Harlow
Fresh Alias

Post by Harlow »

Beradogs, would you say to the players faces that they were not trying-they were trying but it didn't come off for them today
Fisch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fisch »

Agree with your ratings Bera but l've lost confidence in Hector.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

What a set of ratings 😂

It’s almost as if these people weren’t even at the game.
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:09 pm What a set of ratings 😂

Send us your ratings Gary
y o y o y
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by y o y o y »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:09 pm
Along the 2000+ no shows at a 'sold out" game
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

y o y o y wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:16 pm
Gary the Plumber wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:09 pm
Along the 2000+ no shows at a 'sold out" game
😃

I had a look round when they announced the 6,600 attendance and I can’t see how there were 2,000 empty seats?
y o y o y
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by y o y o y »

700 in the away end for starters
so about 1300 home fans missing
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:09 pm What a set of ratings 😂
What would you expect to see after losing without scoring? Can't rate anyone higher than a 6 on that result surely.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Fair ratings really for a disappointing performance.
6,600 is still a decent attendance for a nothing game but our players looked as they had one foot on the beach already.
We certainly won’t trouble the top three next season playing like that.
Only bright spot was Tom James playing virtually an hour which I would guess makes it likely that he will sign for next season.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Very clever to get James out there today, the standing ovation he received will certainly help with discussions.
RicketyCricket
Fresh Alias

Post by RicketyCricket »

Agree great to see James back. What was his injury? Assume it was knee ligaments of some sort.

Kyprianou I thought played well, first half at least. Him and Clay will be decent enough next season and hopefully a midfield upgrade arriving. Just please no Pratley next season, no idea what some see in him.

Archibald is also wasted on the right.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

RicketyCricket wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:14 pm Agree great to see James back. What was his injury? Assume it was knee ligaments of some sort.
Hamstring if I remember rightly
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

RicketyCricket wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:14 pm Agree great to see James back. What was his injury? Assume it was knee ligaments of some sort.

Kyprianou I thought played well, first half at least. Him and Clay will be decent enough next season and hopefully a midfield upgrade arriving. Just please no Pratley next season, no idea what some see in him.

Clay isn’t a good enough footballer to play the way Wellens wants.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:45 pm

If that's the case then neither is Kyprianou , Coleman or Brown because Clay is far better than all three of them .
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:06 am
Gary the Plumber wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:45 pm

If that's the case then neither is Kyprianou , Coleman or Brown because Clay is far better than all three of them .
Clay is arguably a better harrier and presser than the players you’ve listed but he is not a better footballer than Kyprianou or Brown (not seen enough of Coleman to judge yet).

Wellens wants us to play football properly, players that can’t do that will go.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

If I understood it correctly, Martin said at the AGM that we have players under contract who will go , presumably out on loan. Maybe one or two from the names mentioned above
Qin
Fresh Alias

Post by Qin »

I think we're a fair bit short of a promotion side TBH. I dont think we have enough goals in us for auto promotion, and I think we're weak in midfield.
Richie says we need two or three in.....I think we need 5 or 6 in
Just my opinion
Wasp
Fresh Alias

Post by Wasp »

Not sure about the original ratings - Thompson was outstanding on Saturday, really pleased he's signed a new deal as per the rumours, he's excellent at this level.
soloman
Fresh Alias

Post by soloman »

Qin wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:18 am I think we're a fair bit short of a promotion side TBH. I dont think we have enough goals in us for auto promotion, and I think we're weak in midfield.
Richie says we need two or three in.....I think we need 5 or 6 in
Just my opinion
Have to agree one hundred percent .