Would You Support Another Lockdown : POLL

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Would You Support Another Lockdown?

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 66

George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Would You Support Another Lockdown : POLL

Post by George M »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:54 am
George wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:35 am No. We are protected by the vaccine. I am not going back to restrictions to protect those that won’t have the vaccine
we are not protected by the vaccine.
vaccines are only boosting the immune system .
it doesnt mean if you get covid you cant die
from it, even if you have been double vaccinated .

It means you are much more likely not to die from it .

Youll do what you are told to if the Government says
Full Lockdown & dont pretend you wont !!
I accept your much more likely not to die comment . So what’s the answer. Lockdown until we find something that offers 100% protection.
Should we lockdown every winter now until it’s gone
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Chicken Dhansak wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:33 am It's very unlikely that Boris and his cronies will call another lockdown because they are only interested in the economy. Lives don't really
mean anything to them as long as Britain keeps on producing. Once again it's money over lives. Herd immunity is what these clowns want.
This government has blagged it's way through this whole pandemic.
Let’s have a lockdown then . Oh , apart from everyone who produces and sells you food , those that keep you warm and supply heat and power to your house , the emergency services who keep you safe , building and maintenance gangs , petrol stations so you can still drive.
Still , at least you will be safe
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

Went for my booster jab today. Very, very busy, but typically slightly organised chaos. I had been given an appointment, as had many others, but they were simultaneously running a drop-in service. So most of us, had to wait way beyond our appointment time. The officious lady running the queue, looked at my card & sucked through her teeth " you are bang on the cut-off date when you had your 2nd jab! But my GP had given the appointment. I think a lot of older people are very scared. Like me they must know 2 or 3 people who have croaked. As for turning people away, the news has been widely reporting, maybe just as well give booster after 5 months. Too much conflicting information being given out by the shabby Government, who are more interested in their family & mates making sacks of money.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

George ( whoever he may be? ) said "Let’s have a lockdown then . Oh , apart from everyone who produces and sells you food , those that keep you warm and supply heat and power to your house , the emergency services who keep you safe , building and maintenance gangs , petrol stations so you can still drive.
Still , at least you will be safe"
I say:- Wasn't that what happened in the last 2 lockdowns? Were you out of the Country at the time?
George ....You must do better at your wind-up attempts.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Clive Evans wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:24 am George ( whoever he may be? ) said "Let’s have a lockdown then . Oh , apart from everyone who produces and sells you food , those that keep you warm and supply heat and power to your house , the emergency services who keep you safe , building and maintenance gangs , petrol stations so you can still drive.
Still , at least you will be safe"
I say:- Wasn't that what happened in the last 2 lockdowns? Were you out of the Country at the time?
George ....You must do better at your wind-up attempts.
I was here and carried on working. Some thought should be given to those who have to before screaming for further lockdowns
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

The clinically vulnerable can shield if they like

Asking people to lockdown despite our vaccine takeup that are shown to be incredibly effective against serious illness and death is just stupidty.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:39 am The clinically vulnerable can shield if they like

Asking people to lockdown despite our vaccine takeup that are shown to be incredibly effective against serious illness and death is just stupidty.
It's killing over a 1,000 people a week. Another 180 yesterday.

How many deaths until you would consider lockdown an option?
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Max B Gold wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:46 am
Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:39 am The clinically vulnerable can shield if they like

Well it was 4228pw last time we locked down so somewhere between the two, a number I imagine we'll never get close to due to natural immunity and vaccines

What do you think the threshold should be?
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

It’s difficult to respond to those figures. It is awful. Hopefully those numbers will drop.
But to have any meaningful effect we would need some sort of lockdown from now until next spring/ summer . That isn’t possible.
Presumably scientists are working on better vaccines as we write . We can only hope that they produce one soon
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:54 am

Well it was 4228pw last time we locked down so somewhere between the two, a number I imagine we'll never get close to due to natural immunity and vaccines

We've reached it. There is a time lag on deaths as the infection rate increases.

Add to that the failed booster vaccination initiative, on which this whole strategy rests, together with an overwhelmed NHS and we have another Boris manufactured disaster on our hands.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Max B Gold wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:04 pm

We've reached it. There is a time lag on deaths as the infection rate increases.

Add to that the failed booster vaccination initiative, on which this whole strategy rests, together with an overwhelmed NHS and we have another Boris manufactured disaster on our hands.
If that's your opinion fair enough

I don't think a single party is calling for a lockdown right now though.

And surely it's not Boris' fault if Scotland fails to go into lockdown at any given point?
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Statistically speaking how many more total deaths are you running at compared to the long run average?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:06 pm

And surely it's not Boris' fault if Scotland fails to go into lockdown at any given point?
I'm looking more at what medical professionals who are calling for further measures(not lockdown yet) are saying and not political parties who appear to be more concerned about popularity and votes than lives.

What Boris does will influence what happens in Scotland and if lockdown is required I expect the Scotch govt to make the right decision.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Adz wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:17 pm Statistically speaking how many more total deaths are you running at compared to the long run average?
Well there is one of me now and there was one of me yesterday so the total death rate is zero. Thanks for asking.
Last edited by Max B Gold on Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

George wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:11 am
George wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:35 am No. We are protected by the vaccine. I am not going back to restrictions to protect those that won’t have the vaccine

I accept your much more likely not to die comment . So what’s the answer. Lockdown until we find some, thing that offers 100% protection.
We should be wearing masks ,
we should be social distancing
we should be getting boosters easily .

we should be fully led by a government
that is capable of leading the country .

We're F*cked on that bit then
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Max B Gold wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:17 pm
Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:06 pm

I'm looking more at what medical professionals who are calling for further measures(not lockdown yet) are saying and not political parties who appear to be more concerned about popularity and votes than lives.

What Boris does will influence what happens in Scotland and if lockdown is required I expect the Scotch govt to make the right decision.
The coordinated medical attempt I've seen has been for Plan B which is masking indoors and other measures short of lockdown

Nicola should be making decisions in the best interest of Scotland and not following Boris lead.

Drakeford for example instituted a lockdown when England refused to
Last edited by Currywurst and Chips on Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Just did a quick comparison between now and 2018 and number of deaths per week are very similar. Doesn't seem to imply a lock down is necessary, but obviously a full comparison of all data sets is required

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... ndandwales
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Lies. Look it up more people percentage wise are dying from covid who are double jabbed than the unvacinated. You sheep need to wake the f*** up.
CromwellO
Fresh Alias

Post by CromwellO »

What does a '''Lockdown'' actually mean?

To some simply wearing a face covering is a Lockdown, to others it is everything closed except supermarkets and hospitals. We haven't had anything like that since shops and outdoor venues reopened.
I for one would support working from home, face coverings, Covid passports, table service in bars etc. to be brought in immediately. If that doesn't work then we have to go further. It's common sense to slow the spread of a virus that kills and it's not the destruction of civil liberties.
I don't want NHS staff to be constantly exposed to unnecessary life threatening risk whilst trying to save people, just because others can't be bothered to stay safe. I don't want operations and cancer treatments to be delayed because the resource is being deployed to treat Covid or Flu patients.
Ventilation, Social Distancing, Face Coverings, Hand Sanitisation, Testing, Vaccines all have an important part to play to reduce the spread. I still practice them all as just relying one element is shown not to be sufficient.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:35 pm

I accept your much more likely not to die comment . So what’s the answer. Lockdown until we find some, thing that offers 100% protection.

Yes. The resistance to reintroducing masks and distancing is difficult to understand. It’s no big deal and many are doing that anyway. Much more preferable to a lockdown
Orient Punxx
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient Punxx »

Thor wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:47 pm

Lies. Look it up more people percentage wise are dying from covid who are double jabbed than the unvacinated. You sheep need to wake the f*** up.
Stats please.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:47 pm

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thorstradamus
How've you been old bean ?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

George wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:52 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:35 pm

Yes. The resistance to reintroducing masks and distancing is difficult to understand. It’s no big deal and many are doing that anyway. Much more preferable to a lockdown
https://english.elpais.com/society/2021 ... clubs.html

CORONAVIRUS CRISIS

As Covid cases drop, dancing returns to Spain’s nightclubsOnly the regions of Murcia and Aragón are maintaining their ban, although face masks and other restrictions remain mandatory across the country

Most Countries in Europe have kept restrictions in place by law .

Bodge the w*nker & his mates didnt .

Makes you wonder whether he is desperate to see bodies pile high again
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I accept your much more likely not to die comment . So what’s the answer. Lockdown until we find something that offers 100% protection.
it's never going away .
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:19 pm

it's never going away .
Indeed. But it can be suppressed if you take appropriate action now. Not sit back and let it rip. AGAIN.
Last edited by Max B Gold on Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.