Migrants crossing the channel

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Re: Migrants crossing the channel

Post by tuffers#1 »

George wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:20 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:06 pm
George wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:08 pm

No Tuffers. Unlike you I have always worked for a living . And having always been in the building industry I know plenty about the cash workers , particularly the ones that wait outside builders merchants for casual work. You need to learn when to give up on an argument
what makes you think i Havent worked all my life ?

i dont really care if you have seen people waiting outside of builders merchants .
all it does is allow your bullsh*t argument of blah blah blah
with no PROOF . PROVE that those waiting outside were on
boats in the Channel .

Nah,
You Cant Can You !
Take a little time to read my post. No mention of boats or the channel. Didn’t even say that they were migrants. In fact I said I had no idea if illegal or not.
Make sure you get the last word in though. Even if it is wrong
i have read your post on this thread &
suprisingly there is a mention of
Migrants Crossing the Channel .

Its in Bold Lettering at the Top of every Post
in this Thread !
😀

I love being a Fug Smucker
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Ha ha. You have done me once more. I was , as you well know , commenting on someone else assumptions . I made no such assumptions
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Where George admits arguing with me is not good for you 😀

Post by tuffers#1 »

Ill take that as an apology .

You could always try & Change it somehow
😜
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

No. I like it
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

160'd.
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

StillSpike wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:29 am
Ornchurch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:48 am
tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:34 pm

They would also need a National Insurance Number
So all these who you see waiting at certain points to be whisked away in a mini bus to do a days work have NI No.s ?
And you're aware that those people are asylum seekers how? Is there some visual clue you're picking up on that enables you to deduce that they are asylum seekers?
Not at all fella but the reply was more in response to your statement that they would need a NI No. to work.

You knew that but like to deflect and play silly games.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Been a while since we had a Fellaerer on here
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Ornchurch wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:00 pm

So all these who you see waiting at certain points to be whisked away in a mini bus to do a days work have NI No.s ?
And you're aware that those people are asylum seekers how? Is there some visual clue you're picking up on that enables you to deduce that they are asylum seekers?
Not at all fella but the reply was more in response to your statement that they would need a NI No. to work.

i mentioned NI numbers Not Spike Fellaerer
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Ornchurch wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:00 pm

You're having a mare "feller". Tuffers brought up the NI number requirement, not I.

It was during the part of this thread where those with a bit of knowledge (or simply the ability to look it up) were gently trying to explain to some of the dinlows why asylum seekers couldn't work because the law forbids them from working while their applications are processed. Tuffers also pointed out that asylum seekers don't have NI numbers either.

How you managed to make the link from asylum seekers to people you apparently see on your travels, waiting to be picked up for casual work is anyone's guess. I was merely exploring what visual clues you might have used to make that link?

Seems like it's you who's deflecting and playing silly games. Feller.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Also didn’t happen. No brown people in Hornchurch or Upminster!
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Or B&Q.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I hope ornchurch has reported these unscrupulous employers to the relevant authorities.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Has it crossed anyone’s mind that perhaps those working cash in hand whilst waiting for their applications to be processed do so because it’s pretty hard living on £40 per week?

Plenty of building companies still prepared to exploit cheap cash in hand Labour however it’s easier to just focus the blame on the asylum seekers innit.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Admin wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:53 pm Has it crossed anyone’s mind that perhaps those working cash in hand whilst waiting for their applications to be processed do so because it’s pretty hard living on £40 per week?

Plenty of building companies still prepared to exploit cheap cash in hand Labour however it’s easier to just focus the blame on the asylum seekers innit.
Satire, or an inadvertent capitalisation in the second para? :D
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

StillSpike wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:21 pm
Admin wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:53 pm Has it crossed anyone’s mind that perhaps those working cash in hand whilst waiting for their applications to be processed do so because it’s pretty hard living on £40 per week?

Satire, or an inadvertent capitalisation in the second para? :D
Ooh. Good spot. I’d love to claim to be that satirical but I’d be lying. Autocorrect on me phone will have to take the credit.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Yes, but i dont believe anyone was inferring that those waiting outside builders merchants were asylum seekers anyway . Mostly , and the ones that i have come across onsite , have been EU workers.
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:32 pm I dont begrudge people trying to make a better life for their families, but its easy to see why we are seen as the land of milk and honey when this is what people get when they go about their application the wrong way. I bet those trying to do it legally get much less.
My wife is involved with the Syrian Resettlement Programme and I can confirm that you have a losing bet Cacca. I don't begrudge any refugees or economic migrants making a life for themselves in this country given our role in screwing up their place of origin. The Tories will always play groups off against each other to stoke up resentment and will try at some point to pass on the blame for ridiculous NHS waiting lists and the National Insurance hit to others when it suits them.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

They get more!?
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:35 pm They get more!?
If you mean more than this https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-57335499 then yes. Their four walls in the most run down parts of the country (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... um-seekers) are a cut above this.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Theres only 200 odd there, where are the rest?
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:55 pm Theres only 200 odd there, where are the rest?
I'll ask my migrant friends and will get back to you. Do you need addresses?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Dont see why we cant have an honest conversation about this, they cant all be housed in barracks. There's 40000 being housed according to the Guardian link you posted.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

You can argue about this topic until you are blue in the face, but never get a definitive solution. Throughout History there has always been economic migrants. Often in huge numbers. In the UK there were pre-Celts of unknown origins. Then came the Celts, the Romans, the Saxons etc. The Vikings & Danes had a go, then it was the Normans. British have a pretty poor track record on this, we have migrated to every Continent often with dubious legality. Those of you worried about the dusky hordes coming across the Channel, try and engage with the aboriginal natives of USA, Australia, Canada etc and seek their views and advice. I think it is all down to might.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

The problem is that for the liberal left no number is high enough. That’s all fine but then you are moving all these people up the income scale without any mention of the associated negative effects on the environment. The greens a good example of wanting an unlimited amount of people in this country while at the same time wanting bluebell woods, wild flower meadows and swatches of green and pleasant land. Makes no sense. Where are they all going to live never mind the fact they will all become rabid consumers.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Beradogs wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:02 pm The problem is that for the liberal left no number is high enough. That’s all fine but then you are moving all these people up the income scale without any mention of the associated negative effects on the environment. The greens a good example of wanting an unlimited amount of people in this country while at the same time wanting bluebell woods, wild flower meadows and swatches of green and pleasant land. Makes no sense. Where are they all going to live never mind the fact they will all become rabid consumers.
Except its not the consumption levels of the poor that is creating environmental disaster. Its the corporations and the rich.