RMT Strike

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

RMT Strike

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Surprised no one has made a thread, seeing as this is the biggest industrial action for decades, so I did
I read criminal barristers are also going on strike, and this could move a whole load of unions to strike.
Working people have a right to protect their jobs and if action didn't inconvenience people there would be no point.
The rail strike has affected me personally, but I'll have to work around it. I hope they manage to get what they want
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Re: RMT Strike

Post by tuffers#1 »

" Strikes are not the buisness of Government " . Some Cretin said recently !
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

My postman told me today they are also thinking of striking 🤔
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Teachers, NHS staff next. It's all Labour's fault apparently
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

The Mindsweep wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:51 pm Teachers, NHS staff next. It's all Labour's fault apparently
It always is according to the Tories.
Labour hasn't been in power for 12 years, but they still get blamed.
Tories always blame everyone but themselves. It's always been like that
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:38 pm Surprised no one has made a thread, seeing as this is the biggest industrial action for decades, so I did
I read criminal barristers are also going on strike, and this could move a whole load of unions to strike.
Working people have a right to protect their jobs and if action didn't inconvenience people there would be no point.
The rail strike has affected me personally, but I'll have to work around it. I hope they manage to get what they want
They already get more than they deserve. Why would you support a group of workers who inflict the utmost inconvenience on hard working people. Still , while everyone else loses out , at least they get more. And how many more years , strikes , and pay rises will it take before they are happy with what they have. The sooner agency replacements become legally available the better.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

George M wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:41 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:38 pm Surprised no one has made a thread, seeing as this is the biggest industrial action for decades, so I did
They already get more than they deserve. Why would you support a group of workers who inflict the utmost inconvenience on hard working people. Still , while everyone else loses out , at least they get more. And how many more years , strikes , and pay rises will it take before they are happy with what they have. The sooner agency replacements become legally available the better.
Prove they get more than they deserve
Friend or fart
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Friend or fart »

Trains are all running normally on the Isle Man. State owned transport system. In my experience all seem to be manned by ole boys. Got a very decent sausage bap at the station caff at Laxey today. Could Nationalisation be the answer?
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:47 pm
Average pay for a driver £54k a year. Probably more than enough I would say. Plenty on here wouldn’t mind that job
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

George M wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:00 pm

Average pay for a driver £54k a year. Probably more than enough I would say. Plenty on here wouldn’t mind that job
The strike isnt JUST for Drivers .
Its for signallers Cleaners & all other departments
That allow the Rail System to work .

Giving average wage of drivers as some excuse to
Having knowledge to poo poo stirkers !
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

There is a misconception that it is drivers striking when it is mainly other staff
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:08 pm

You asked me to prove it. I just did. I would imagine wages throughout the rail services compare favourably with other industries. They know that they can hold government and employers to ransom so they do. Despicable scum
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

George M wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:19 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:08 pm

You asked me to prove it. I just did. I would imagine wages throughout the rail services compare favourably with other industries. They know that they can hold government and employers to ransom so they do. Despicable scum
You proved nothing of the sort George .
Youre B*llsh*tting will always be challenged .
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Its a decent wage, good for them for negotiating these terms.

For workers so undeserving they sure have pissed you off, almost as if public transport and the workers who operate
it are fairly important!
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

You are of course free to apply for such a cushty, overpaid job.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

How long should anyone- not just rail workers- put up with soaring inflation before expecting a raise?
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Long slender neck wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:33 pm How long should anyone- not just rail workers- put up with soaring inflation before expecting a raise?
Depends which jobs it is and if them striking will impact me or not.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Long slender neck wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:33 pm How long should anyone- not just rail workers- put up with soaring inflation before expecting a raise?
wasnt George banned ?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

We musnt forget this either

spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Friend or faux wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:50 pm Trains are all running normally on the Isle Man. State owned transport system. In my experience all seem to be manned by ole boys. Got a very decent sausage bap at the station caff at Laxey today. Could Nationalisation be the answer?
There has never been trains running to or through Laxey

There are trams running through there though
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Compare and contrast, great tactic to keep it simple and focus on the wrong issues. As someone pointed out, it's not just about wages. But if you look at the wages it just highlights how underpaid the likes of nurses, teachers and most others are. House prices, rents and now the cost of everything is hitting the majority of people.

The government have legislated against Union representation and their media friends have demonised them. The fear of losing employment has kept workers quiet as the squeeze on pay and conditions, together with longer hours, short contracts etc, has been the norm for a generation. This squeeze is reaching further up the chain and its beginning to break.

With the availability of cheap foreign labour diminishing and the pace of people reaching retirement age rapidly increasing, there is a chance that everyone might get a fairer slice on the pie. Not through choice, but because those with the pie what to still keep most of it.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Solidarity with all workers fighting for better pay and conditions.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

So many workers struggling to make ends meet with wage rises not keeping up with inflation.Every worker should get a minimum of inflation plus just to have a chance of financial survival.
Support the right to strike and take industrial action or leave many in dire financial straits, it’s not rocket science.
Petrov788
Fresh Alias

Post by Petrov788 »

Petrov788
Fresh Alias

Post by Petrov788 »

I'm gonna bet you know that it isn't drivers striking about their pay and you still post rubbish like this. Confirmation bias at its finest.