Newport v Orient highlights

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Newport v Orient highlights

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Interested in people's views of the Newport chances at the 20 and 45 second points for objectivity reasons.

Decent goal for us. Would like to have seen the Cissé incident though.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Newport v Orient highlights

Post by Dohnut »

Teams hit the post. We have 3 times recently, means a shot not on target. The LV save. Bog standard.
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

Dohnut (ALM) wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:25 pm Teams hit the post. We have 3 times recently, means a shot not on target. The LV save. Bog standard.
BOX standard, not bog. Thanks.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

Dohnut (ALM) wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:25 pm Teams hit the post. We have 3 times recently, means a shot not on target.
This.

But "Highlights" first 10 secs is the lead-in - but that is usual - there will be extended highlights or "A Closer Look" in due course as we won.

COYOs
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

What made the lino change his mind? If he thought he was offside what did the ref say to make him go the other way? Or was it ruled for off side?
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Glad for the win, but we didn't look good in those brief highlights, and we looked second best.
Wally Banter
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Wally Banter »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:03 am Glad for the win, but we didn't look good in those brief highlights, and we looked second best.
Did you watch the full game?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:59 pm
Interested in people's views of the Newport chances at the 20 and 45 second points for objectivity reasons.

Decent goal for us. Would like to have seen the Cissé incident though.
I’d forgotten the chance when Happe dithered on the ball and his clearance was blocked. Routine save for Vigaro in the end, their bloke should have gone far post.

That was the entirety of their opportunities though. Given how much ball they had, the back line deserve credit for restricting them to that.

The troubling one was the one that flashed across the goal. Their 10 drops into the right back area and hits a banger out to the left wing. You can then watch him run past Kemp, Clay and Cisse who all just let him go and with a better pass, he would have had a tap in. That’s unacceptable from our entire midfield.

Great transition from right to left for our goal. It shows the difference when you move the ball quickly, Kemp is left one on one rather than being doubled up on. That’s what you get with Hector.

Crap defending from them in the box, though.
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Frogger wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:01 am What made the lino change his mind? If he thought he was offside what did the ref say to make him go the other way? Or was it ruled for off side?
Lino thought DJ touched it, so flagged offside. When the ref told him he didn't he changed to onside
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Didn’t watch the game but in the first few chances Cisse could not look less interested. Just jogging about.
Wally Banter
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Wally Banter »

He was definitely shown up by Kyprianou’s greater dynamism and linking play, for sure. Shame Kyp is now unavailable.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Wally Banter wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:19 am
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:03 am Glad for the win, but we didn't look good in those brief highlights, and we looked second best.
No, but if you'd read what i typed i said we didnt look good in those brief highlights...self explanatory isnt it?
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Brilliant. "We might have deservedly won the game based on the full 90 minutes but we didn't look good in the bits shoehorned into a 2 minute highlights clip. Sort it out Orient"
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:09 am Brilliant. "We might have deservedly won the game but we didn't look good in the bits shoehorned into a 2 minute highlights clip. Sort it out Orient"
Get lost you moron....im sick of your constant sniping at me, often using insulting language and ageist remarks.

Im waiting and waiting for the mods/admin to stop this according to the board rules, but it never happens.

Every opinion i give, youre there, often within a few mins of my post, having a go with your nasty remarks. You are a nasty individual, probably the nastiness comes from your self loathing.

Anyway, i have let loads of your nasty remarks go unanswered, but no more...every nasty offensive remark you throw my way, will be answered from now on, in the only language you know.

Just stop the personal attacks now Ok!
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:20 am
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:09 am Brilliant. "We might have deservedly won the game but we didn't look good in the bits shoehorned into a 2 minute highlights clip. Sort it out Orient"
Get lost you moron....im sick of your constant sniping at me, often using insulting language and ageist remarks.

Im waiting and waiting for the mods/admin to stop this according to the board rules, but it never happens.

Every opinion i give, youre there, often within a few mins of my post, having a go with your nasty remarks. You are a nasty individual, probably the nastiness comes from your self loathing.

Anyway, i have let loads of your nasty remarks go unanswered, but no more...every nasty offensive remark you throw my way, will be answered from now on, in the only language you know.

Talk about self indulgent - I'm not there at every one of your posts, not constantly sniping at you, not often using insulting language. A quick look shows I have replied to 4 of your last 25 posts, of which one was asking if you could make a topic a poll and another is this reply.

You're singling me out when there are so many people that call you out on your posts but it's easier for you to kid yourself that only one person does.

Have you thought about why you get the replies you do from many people? Also why make such a fuss about being allowed an opinion but then get angry at others for their opinions?
Wally Banter
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Wally Banter »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:58 am
Wally Banter wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:19 am
No, but if you'd read what i typed i said we didnt look good in those brief highlights...self explanatory isnt it?
Well, it’s an utterly myopic and pointless observation - that’s all.
Fanny
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fanny »

That pitch looks lovely.

Nice to see officials taking the time to consult on a decision and come to a sensible conclusion. This should happen in football at lot more.

As much as I’m not a fan of the sport I have to say that rugby gets this right, as I believe it’s fairly common for refs to review their decisions and change their mind after further consideration.

There’s a strange attitude in football that if a ref/lino makes a decision it has to be final because if they change their mind they are totally useless.
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

Under no circumstances was DJ anywhere near offside when the ball was played in by Kemp. I stopped the video right on the moment
the ball was struck and Johnson had two defenders goal side of him. If the lino thought that was offside the FA might as well stick him
over Hackney Marshes for a Sunday game. Well done the Ref.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Huxley wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:29 am That pitch looks lovely.

Nice to see officials taking the time to consult on a decision and come to a sensible conclusion. This should happen in football at lot more.

As much as I’m not a fan of the sport I have to say that rugby gets this right, as I believe it’s fairly common for refs to review their decisions and change their mind after further consideration.

There’s a strange attitude in football that if a ref/lino makes a decision it has to be final because if they change their mind they are totally useless.
I think these days referees and assistants have lots of communication during the game, ear pieces and microphones. I’m sure they talk far more than we realise. But sometimes, like yesterday, face to face is much easier. And of course VAR in the upper end of the game. Officials in all sports talk. On rugby for example they do talk, but not after every decision. And when they do, quite often it’s because of the nature of the game it’s easy for the referee to have a poor view of the action.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Chicken Dhansak wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:39 am Under no circumstances was DJ anywhere near offside when the ball was played in by Kemp. I stopped the video right on the moment
the ball was struck and Johnson had two defenders goal side of him. If the lino thought that was offside the FA might as well stick him
Harsh. Some issues are caused by the fast movement of players. The assistant has to watch the person playing the ball then in a split second redirect his vision to 4 or 5 players moving around. Of course you stopped the video and had a good look, the assistant referee doesn’t have that luxury.

Maybe we need VAR in league 2.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Dohnut (ALM) wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:48 am
Chicken Dhansak wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:39 am Under no circumstances was DJ anywhere near offside when the ball was played in by Kemp. I stopped the video right on the moment
Harsh. Some issues are caused by the fast movement of players. The assistant has to watch the person playing the ball then in a split second redirect his vision to 4 or 5 players moving around. Of course you stopped the video and had a good look, the assistant referee doesn’t have that luxury.

It’s not even close. It’s his job. He’s clearly not very good at it.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Come on Gentleman calm down a little please. There is no need to get personal,we all have different points of views. Not every one agrees with me(don’t know why🤭) and I don’t mind them saying so but let’s make it a little less personal. However on the playing side one thing I would say is that Ling does need to sign the goal keeper up ASAP. What are your thoughts??🙈
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Stowaway wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:04 am
Dohnut (ALM) wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:25 pm Teams hit the post. We have 3 times recently, means a shot not on target. The LV save. Bog standard.
BOX standard, not bog. Thanks.
Er, no.
https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/bog-standard.html
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:55 am
Dohnut (ALM) wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:48 am

It’s not even close. It’s his job. He’s clearly not very good at it.
I used to run the line when my Son played many years ago and offside is the hardest thing to get right. You have to somehow see when the ball is kicked and when a player makes his run, both at the same time. And if the ball is passed from the other end of the pitch it is neigh on impossible, which is why you see so many wrong calls.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:40 am
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:20 am

Talk about self indulgent - I'm not there at every one of your posts, not constantly sniping at you, not often using insulting language. A quick look shows I have replied to 4 of your last 25 posts, of which one was asking if you could make a topic a poll and another is this reply.

You're singling me out when there are so many people that call you out on your posts but it's easier for you to kid yourself that only one person does.

Have you thought about why you get the replies you do from many people? Also why make such a fuss about being allowed an opinion but then get angry at others for their opinions?
I dont get nasty replies like yours from many people..maybe a few that like you, are totally intolerant of my views.

When ive got time, i shall make a list of all the nasty comments you have made to me, and put it on this board. Theres been two today already, one on this thread & one in the game thread. Thats two nasty personal comments in the space of a few hours. You cant wait to make nasty offensive remarks to me. youre actually a bully, but it doesn't work on me.

As an aside, you have made nasty remarks to other boarders too, and they are almost all the older boarders...you just hate old people dont you?

Dont you dare try to turn this around matey. Until you learn not to despise older people, and you learn that your views are not the only ones, I'll be calling you out every time from now on.
If you dont like what i write, then tough .
Im totally sick of taking abuse from you for probably 12 months or so