Muslims vs LGBT

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Muslims vs LGBT

Post by Long slender neck »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... m-48339080

This is pretty disgraceful isnt it? Whats gonna happen here?
Protest leader Shakeel Afsar: "All we are concerned [about] is we are having our children come home with material that contradicts our moral values."

Another protester, Amir Ahmed, said: "It's not about gay lesbian rights and equality. This is purely about proselytising a homosexual way of life to children."

When asked if he believed children could be "recruited to be gay", Mr Ahmed said: "You can condition them to accept this as being a normal way of life and it makes the children more promiscuous as they grow older."

He added: "Whether they become gay or not, they can still enter into gay relationships.

"They want to convert you, they want to convert your morality and that's just wrong."
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Muslims vs LGBT

Post by Ornchurch »

Nothing.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

The left have been conveniently ignoring this as it doesn't fit their narrative. Must be hard for them to get their confused minds around this one
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Big headache for them, little coverage in The Guardian.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:38 am The left have been conveniently ignoring this as it doesn't fit their narrative. Must be hard for them to get their confused minds around this one
:lol:

What's difficult to get your heads around in this story?

By the way, the bloke in the video in that link, my gaydar is saying WOOP WOOP WOOP, HELLOOOOOO SWEETIE !!
Fatbaz
Fresh Alias

Post by Fatbaz »

I don’t find anything particularly surprising in this situation. Religion is an anachronism in the modern world. All religions were formulated long ago by ignorant men. Time has caught up with them and their nonsensical bleatings are becoming more absurd as each year passes. This is just another example of how religious teaching conflicts with progressive developments within societies.

Christianity fares no better than any other religion, of course.

It’s quite clear how it views homosexuality:

Leviticus
18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Christianity is also deeply conflicted when it comes to women:

Timothy 1
2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

So we should have no women teachers according to the Bible – but we do.

We shouldn’t have any female clergy either - but we do.
1 Corinthians 14:34
Let your women keep silence in the churches: it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

When it comes to actual observance of religious dictates, only fundamentalists can be considered ‘genuine’ in their beliefs. Everybody else is just cherry-picking the bits that they like whilst ignoring the bits that they don’t.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Relating to these protests, I saw this on Sky News a few days ago.
Sky News 17 May 2019
Daily demonstrations have been taking place outside Anderton Park Primary School in Birmingham over lessons teaching children that it's "okay to be gay".

Relationship protests: 'God created women for man's pleasure'
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Post by one o in huntingdon »

Fatbaz wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:54 pm I don’t find anything particularly surprising in this situation. Religion is an anachronism in the modern world. All religions were formulated long ago by ignorant men. Time has caught up with them and their nonsensical bleatings are becoming more absurd as each year passes. This is just another example of how religious teaching conflicts with progressive developments within societies.

Leviticus

Timothy 1
2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Let your women keep silence in the churches: it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

When it comes to actual observance of religious dictates, only fundamentalists can be considered ‘genuine’ in their beliefs. Everybody else is just cherry-picking the bits that they like whilst ignoring the bits that they don’t.
Pity they didn't have one about no child molesting paedophile priests
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

Religious nuts in "we're homophobic" shock
Orientinoz
Fresh Alias

Post by Orientinoz »

Leave them to sort it...maybe handbags at 10 paces..
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Fatbaz wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:54 pm I don’t find anything particularly surprising in this situation. Religion is an anachronism in the modern world. All religions were formulated long ago by ignorant men. Time has caught up with them and their nonsensical bleatings are becoming more absurd as each year passes. This is just another example of how religious teaching conflicts with progressive developments within societies.

Leviticus

Timothy 1

By the book, I guess Christianity is just as bad. But people of that faith in this country at least seem to have gotten over it and modernised their beliefs.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

Up the LGBT brigade and don’t forget the I and Q brigade as well 🤣
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Thread title sounds like a really bad ScyFy channel TV movie with Tara Reid.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Channel 4 to air a show where they date each other or swap wives.
Fatbaz
Fresh Alias

Post by Fatbaz »

@ Prestige Worldwide

in saying, "But people of that faith in this country at least seem to have gotten over it and modernised their beliefs.", you've almost nailed it - but not quite.

It seems to me that people have come to realise that their 'beliefs' are ridiculous and they are prepared to ignore 'instructions' that they know are absurd. When supposedly 'religious people' can do that, it indicates that their 'belief' is entirely selective and shows a very wishy-washy adherence to the laws that their god imposes.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

But, shouldnt parents have a say about what their kids are taught? I'm not sure it is appropriate to teach young children about Trans stuff.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:19 pm But, shouldnt parents have a say about what their kids are taught? I'm not sure it is appropriate to teach young children about Trans stuff.
oooh, interesting flip of viewpoints. You're like the MBs own Nick Ferrari.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:34 am https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... m-48339080

Protest leader Shakeel Afsar: "All we are concerned [about] is we are having our children come home with material that contradicts our moral values."

Another protester, Amir Ahmed, said: "It's not about gay lesbian rights and equality. This is purely about proselytising a homosexual way of life to children."

When asked if he believed children could be "recruited to be gay", Mr Ahmed said: "You can condition them to accept this as being a normal way of life and it makes the children more promiscuous as they grow older."

He added: "Whether they become gay or not, they can still enter into gay relationships.

"They want to convert you, they want to convert your morality and that's just wrong."
I agree with the first three sentences. Teachers want to take control of bringing up our children. Same one's that let them out of school to attend
political rallys
Kent
Fresh Alias

Post by Kent »

The press reporting and title of this thread is lazy and tiresome... many religions sadly discriminate against LGBT communities

The concept of this awareness being "promoting child sexualisation" is little short of ridiculous

The Clause 28 years I fear will be back with a vengeance...

Love and peace to all...
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:38 am The left have been conveniently ignoring this as it doesn't fit their narrative. Must be hard for them to get their confused minds around this one
Actually agree with this and never really seen an answer to the ultra left people desperate to defend Islam and at the same time thing to stand up for gay rights.

Anyways, the issue is a tricky one. Personally I don’t think it’s a schools job to teach kids about sexual orientation. I understand the potential value in education on the subject but there’s a fine line with what should be down for the individual parent to decide what and when they tell their kids and what the system should tell them.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:19 pm But, shouldnt parents have a say about what their kids are taught? I'm not sure it is appropriate to teach young children about Trans stuff.
Do you think it’s appropriate to teach them about heterosexuality?
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

point nine one eight wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:25 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:34 am https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... m-48339080

I agree with the first three sentences. Teachers want to take control of bringing up our children. Same one's that let them out of school to attend
political rallys
:lol:

Teachers would absolutely love it if all parents took control of bringing up their own children. They merely want to teach them what's on the syllabus, not deal with all the other sh*t parents ain't doing.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:22 pm
oooh, interesting flip of viewpoints. You're like the MBs own Nick Ferrari.
Yep a brand new Quantrayre Mary
Fatbaz
Fresh Alias

Post by Fatbaz »

You're right to say that parents should have some say in what their kids are taught.
My understanding in this case is that the school teaches a wide range of 'equality' issues but a group of parents seem to have decided that this particular 'equality' isn't acceptable.

My understanding of the actual subject matter being taught is that it doesn't go into any detail of the various lifestyles as such. What is being taught here is that some folks are 'different' and should not be victimised because of it.
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

Apple Wumble wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:29 pm
Do you think it’s appropriate to teach them about heterosexuality?
Ooohhh controversial.

One of the reasons that schools taught sex education, or heterosexuality as you put it, was to reduce the number of teenage pregnancies.

There are not going to be many of those arising from LGBT relationships.