Ratings.

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Ratings.

Post by Beradogs »

Vigouroux. Good distribution. No real saves to make. 7
Akinola. Kid will go all the way. Mom. 8
Coulson. Solid enough. 6
Happe. Defended well. 7.5.
Brophy. Pretty quite 6
Soitirou. Grew into the game. Played well. Always a threat. 7.5
Jmd. No impact. 5.5
Macanuff. Tried to drive the team on. Always look better with him in the side. 7
Clay. Pretty poor. Lots of back passes. 5.5
Cisse. Got stronger as the game went on. 7.
Johnson. If he doesn’t score hard to mark him high as does very little. Missed a open goal then scored. 6.5

Wilkinson. Good shot to set up the goal. 6.5.

Tranmere were garbage. Shocking. It should not have taken till the second half to realise we were playing a team with nothing whatsoever to offer. Too many back passes and no tempo. Second half was much better and by the end we looked really comfortable.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Ratings.

Post by Dohnut »

Bit tough on JMD. First half he played well. Didn’t see him at all second half, decent substitution. Clay has to be better than 5.5. Does the ugly stuff, sure his passing is poor but he got the assist.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Good to see the youngster play well.

We also need to wrap Danny up in cotton wool between matches.
lordgriff
Fresh Alias

Post by lordgriff »

LV 7
Akinola 7.5
Happe 7
Coulson 7
Brophy 6
Clay 6
McAnuff 6.5
Cisse 6
Maguire Drew 5
Sotoroiu 7
DJ 6.5

Wilkinson 7
Widdowson n/a
Dayton n/a
Milo_T
Fresh Alias

Post by Milo_T »

Jmd is such a frustrating player. Is brilliant at being an impact sub it seems but can't seem to be consistent enough over 90 mins
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

I like Lord Griffs ratings
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Disoriented wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:19 pm Good to see the youngster play well.

We also need to wrap Danny up in cotton wool between matches.
Good and sensible comment.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

6s all round. Maybe 6.5s for Happe, Brophy and Clay.
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

After the first five minutes when we realised that we couldn't lump it up to Wilkinson so decided to give the ball away or pass it around the final third we settled in and dominated a truly crappy Tranmere side. The passing got better and we started to look more dangerous. However, we went into the break with not one shot on target. We looked much better after the break (though JMD didn't come out) and deserved the goal and a win.

Our defence were solid with Akinola particularly outstanding. Clay may not be our most technical player but you can always rely on him to stop things coming through the middle and he provided the assist for the goal . Jobi was a class above until he ran out of steam and Cisse got his mojo back after a couple of poor performances. Sotiriou is incredibly frustrating - when running with the ball he can be unstoppable but when he stops he hasn't a clue. Johnson is allowed to miss sitters as he always has a goal in him and Wilkinson is Mr Cool. Comes on, strolls over to the left pops in a shot enabling Clay to set up Johnson.
i8ubutler
Regular
Regular

Post by i8ubutler »

Err Wilkinson didn't come on 'till the 69th minute.
Here's some stats.
https://www.flashscore.com/match/CGonoe ... atistics;0
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

For those watching tonight would you say McAnuff starting made a big difference too?
AckneyAwks
Fresh Alias

Post by AckneyAwks »

I dont have to watch...Yes!
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I really love some of our fans sometimes . when we win it's only ever because the opposition was sh*t . It's seems to be a common thread every time we win . How about we made Tranmere look sh*t because we actually played quite well tonight .
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:35 pm I really love some of our fans sometimes . when we win it's only ever because the opposition was sh*t . It's seems to be a common thread every time we win . How about we made Tranmere look sh*t because we actually played quite well tonight .
They’ve won one game in seven. You could see why tonight.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:52 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:35 pm I really love some of our fans sometimes . when we win it's only ever because the opposition was sh*t . It's seems to be a common thread every time we win . How about we made Tranmere look sh*t because we actually played quite well tonight .
I've lost count of the amount of times I've read on here how bad the opposition was after we win, no matter who we play and beat .
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:57 pm
I've lost count of the amount of times I've read on here how bad the opposition was after we win, no matter who we play and beat .
In fairness, when we’ve lost we often comment oh how strong the opposition were. Comments on the quality of the opposition are reasonable. I don’t think Tranmere will look back at that game with much pride. Tonight we were the stronger team and I think that’s the first time in 7 where that comment is justified.

Let’s hope it’s the first of many to come. Given recent performances and results Embleton and the team were desperate for a win, they got a win. Let’s just be thankful we got the right opposition at the right time. Tranmere had an off night.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

I will always give credit to the opposition if it’s justified. I thought Cheltenham were fantastic the other week. Tranmere were hopeless. They were at home (not that it means much) and look at the possession stats. I think they had 30 something percent. Barely a shot. We don’t seem to have the confidence to go after teams when it’s obvious we are the better side, and we have the makings of a half decent side. Akinola stopped more crosses in one 5 minute spell than Ling has all season. He will be some player. Has that ability to know when to come forward with the ball at his feet. With Akinola (while here) Vigouroux, Happe, Macanuff, Johnson (current form anyway) Soutriou, Cisse all on the pitch that is 7 of 11 that you can say are a top 6 team easy. Possibly top 3. If we could get Judd on the pitch and Akinola into centre half that’s 8. Brophy/Brophy in his correct position makes 8.5/9. That leaves two out of the rest to really step up. Coulson is too old although does a job. Wright will not get you promoted. Dayton is a shadow of the player following injuries and he wasn’t great before. JMD totally inconsistent. Dennis the same. Widdowson league two plodder. Clay also lower league two standard only although does a job. Wilkinson drifts in and out and never imposes himself. The key for me is one of JMD or Dennis to really fire. Alan comfort style when he got us promoted. Having a wide player that teams are petrified of creates space for everyone else. Haven’t seen anything yet to show that will be the case but if so we could really come good. Need to avoid injuries (macanuff playing most weeks) plus boss man needs to show he is the number one and not just talk a good story.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:57 pm
Well it won’t be more than two. Even you should be able to manage that.
WhetstoneO
Fresh Alias

Post by WhetstoneO »

Beradogs wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:55 am I will always give credit to the opposition if it’s justified. I thought Cheltenham were fantastic the other week. Tranmere were hopeless. They were at home (not that it means much) and look at the possession stats. I think they had 30 something percent. Barely a shot. We don’t seem to have the confidence to go after teams when it’s obvious we are the better side, and we have the makings of a half decent side. Akinola stopped more crosses in one 5 minute spell than Ling has all season. He will be some player. Has that ability to know when to come forward with the ball at his feet. With Akinola (while here) Vigouroux, Happe, Macanuff, Johnson (current form anyway) Soutriou, Cisse all on the pitch that is 7 of 11 that you can say are a top 6 team easy. Possibly top 3. If we could get Judd on the pitch and Akinola into centre half that’s 8. Brophy/Brophy in his correct position makes 8.5/9. That leaves two out of the rest to really step up. Coulson is too old although does a job. Wright will not get you promoted. Dayton is a shadow of the player following injuries and he wasn’t great before. JMD totally inconsistent. Dennis the same. Widdowson league two plodder. Clay also lower league two standard only although does a job. Wilkinson drifts in and out and never imposes himself. The key for me is one of JMD or Dennis to really fire. Alan comfort style when he got us promoted. Having a wide player that teams are petrified of creates space for everyone else. Haven’t seen anything yet to show that will be the case but if so we could really come good. Need to avoid injuries (macanuff playing most weeks) plus boss man needs to show he is the number one and not just talk a good story.
Alan Comfort ripped up this league, can't see Dennis or JMD doing the same but we can hope. And even if we didn't make the play offs it would be exciting to watch!