Stop the coup - Defend democracy

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Stop the coup - Defend democracy

Post by Disoriented »

Protests all over the country today.

Who’s taking part?

The prorogation coup needs to be stopped. We can’t have the same privileged elite doing everything to hoard power.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Re: Stop the coup - Defend democracy

Post by spen666 »

I'm stopping the coupe this morning, then this afternoon I am stopping the coop
PAM
Fresh Alias

Post by PAM »

Old coots fighting the coup
Flying Hippo
Fresh Alias

Post by Flying Hippo »

The moment he's been dreaming about has arrived. This is Magic Grandpa's Stalingrad.
PAM
Fresh Alias

Post by PAM »

Flying Hippo wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:58 am The moment he's been dreaming about has arrived. This is Magic Grandpa's Stalingrad.
"Finally Seumas I can do some protesting again with my racist mates. All this pretending I'm a normal moderate guy is draining"
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Some sad bastards on here who are only too happy to let Boris the liar feck us all. Deflection techniques in abundance when really there is only one scheming, lying turd to protest against and of course that's the privileged tw*t that is Boris the liar.
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

Disoriented wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:31 am Protests all over the country today.

Who’s taking part?

The prorogation coup needs to be stopped. We can’t have the same privileged elite doing everything to hoard power.
same old remoaners :evil:
who have nothing better to do on a sat and sun.
stop moaning and do what normal people do on the week end that's watch football.
believe me what ever happens life will go on.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Imagine if Parliament was being shut down by Corbyn to force through a bill on immigration:lol: I’m sure the same people would just get on with the football this weekend.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

greyhound wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:19 am
Disoriented wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:31 am Protests all over the country today.

Who’s taking part?

stop moaning and do what normal people do on the week end that's watch football.
So what time are you meeting us at Westminster?
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Good luck to everyone taking to the streets today. ✊🏻
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Viva le revolution.
BengeO
Fresh Alias

Post by BengeO »

Are you shopping the Co-op this evening?
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

BengeO wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:53 am Are you shopping the Co-op this evening?
Shopping them to who?
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Defend the democracy?

That will be democracy that vote to leave the EU and which the protesters are trying to prevent.

Strange way of defending democracy by protesting at the will of the people being implemented
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

spen666 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:50 am Defend the democracy?

That will be democracy that vote to leave the EU and which the protesters are trying to prevent.

Strange way of defending democracy by protesting at the will of the people being implemented
Ooohhh, controversial!
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

Disoriented wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:36 am
greyhound wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:19 am

Who’s taking part?

So what time are you meeting us at Westminster?

if you are buying the beer I will be there. :)
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

irony, amazing irony. Ever since Jezza has been Leader of the Labour Party, the Conservatives ( & neo-Fascists ) on here ( & everywhere ) have screamed alarms & Armageddon. Yet it is Boris ( what a sinister name ) who has inflicted the putsch. Just watched Dateline London on the BBC News Channel, where they have 4 Foreign Correspondents based in London discussing the News. They were all gobsmacked at Boris' putsch. The Europeans ( who know a lot about hung Parliaments ), couldn't believe how the country with one of the oldest Democracies could allow such a coup d'etat.
I remember many years ago there was a behind the scenes documentary about Good Queen Bess II, telling us she was a safeguard to prevent anyone seizing undemocratic control LOL!!!!
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

My recollection is that the referendum voted to leave.

Since this time the establishment including parliament, has done everything to prevent this.

If the remainers win, then democracy is dead. We the people will no longer have any influence on the establishment and they will just do as they please in future.

All they are arguing about is 6 days of not working. They have spent the last year talking about Brexit and how to stop it , as there is no other legislation to be passed.
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

Still's Carenae wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:35 pm My recollection is that the referendum voted to leave.

Since this time the establishment including parliament, has done everything to prevent this.

If the remainers win, then democracy is dead. We the people will no longer have any influence on the establishment and they will just do as they please in future.

All they are arguing about is 6 days of not working. They have spent the last year talking about Brexit and how to stop it , as there is no other legislation to be passed.
Short, to the point and absolutely correct.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

redintheface wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:42 pm
Still's Carenae wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:35 pm My recollection is that the referendum voted to leave.

Short, but not short enough. Absolute bollox that democracy is at threat from remainers - what a load of tosh. If you really cannot see that it’s Boris the liar who is threatening democracy then you’re past helping.
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

BoniO wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:50 pm

Short, but not short enough. Absolute bollox that democracy is at threat from remainers - what a load of tosh. If you really cannot see that it’s Boris the liar who is threatening democracy then you’re past helping.
So the next time Orient lose, due to a disputed goal. You are going to go through legal channels and take to the streets to have the match replayed?

Alternatively, if you do not like the general election result, lets do it again and again, until it gets the result you want.

I voted to remain. But democracy comes first.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Still's Carenae wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:01 pm

So the next time Orient lose, due to a disputed goal. You are going to go through legal channels and take to the streets to have the match replayed?

Alternatively, if you do not like the general election result, lets do it again and again, until it gets the result you want.

Err well obviously the answer is no to both of your made up scenarios. I can’t be bothered to re-type what has been explained above - why don’t you read it - but challenging Brexit is not undemocratic. Boris closing parliament is though and the creation of the precedent even more frightening. The fact that some easily accept Boris’s action will be seen as a green light by some in power to repeat it whenever needed. You happy about that?
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

BoniO wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:13 pm
Still's Carenae wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:01 pm

Err well obviously the answer is no to both of your made up scenarios. I can’t be bothered to re-type what has been explained above - why don’t you read it - but challenging Brexit is not undemocratic. Boris closing parliament is though and the creation of the precedent even more frightening. The fact that some easily accept Boris’s action will be seen as a green light by some in power to repeat it whenever needed. You happy about that?
The question should be how do you get the best deal, when negotiating a contract or agreement?

Johnson has taken a strong stance, which is only weakened by the shenigans going on behind the scenes (or in front of, as currently). It just shows the weakness of our politicians to understand this.

It looks like we have some shift in Europes stance, but if you weaken our position. Then Europes position hardens. Therefore a greater chance of wto rules. This is just perverse.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Well at least he doesn’t sit on the fence full of indecision. Like him or not he has the balls of a leader.
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

It seems to me that you are confusing “ democracy” with “ getting what I want”! One way to measure a democracy is how well it converts popular will into action however as no one seems to be able to agree what the popular will is there are differing interpretations of what is or isn’t democratic. To Remainers, leaving the EU is bad, so Parliament is democratic for trying to prevent it. Leavers however see Parliament as an obstacle to democracy because it is obstructing the implementation of the democratic vote of 17.5m people in the referendum. I have no problem with you or anyone else challenging Brexit - that’s your right. Recognise though that others see things differently from you and that is their right. Abuse doesn’t help!