RW is fav for Reading job

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

RW is fav for Reading job

Post by moonwalk19 »

RW is the 2-1 favourite to be Reading manager by leading bookies and Reading local paper.
Type high
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: RW is fav for Reading job

Post by Type high »

moonwalk19 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:15 am RW is the 2-1 favourite to be Reading manager by leading bookies and Reading local paper.
If you think that's the case then slap your money on it, if you don't then stop posting and scaremongering
KenleyO
Fresh Alias

Post by KenleyO »

RW won't touch this with a bargepole. Reading haven't got a pot to piss in, and he's had his fingers burnt once already when he went to Doncaster.
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

Load of nonsence
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Personally I think he will get linked with numerous amount of jobs throughout the summer and we are going to have to get used to that as supporters. If he does go(and I sincerely hope he doesn’t) think he will go back up north. Put yourself in his shoes, if you were offered a better paid job a bigger club and the chance to be nearer you family would you take it?. Like I said previously I hope he doesn’t🤞 but if he does I hope the club don’t go through 6/7 managers to get a decent replacement 🙊
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Thanks Richie, cheers.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

That wouldn’t persuade the out of contact players to sign
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Someone stick a tenner on Mick McCarthy that'll sort the odds out
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Monkey Boy wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:20 am Personally I think he will get linked with numerous amount of jobs throughout the summer and we are going to have to get used to that as supporters. If he does go(and I sincerely hope he doesn’t) think he will go back up north. Put yourself in his shoes, if you were offered a better paid job a bigger club and the chance to be nearer you family would you take it?. Like I said previously I hope he doesn’t🤞 but if he does I hope the club don’t go through 6/7 managers to get a decent replacement 🙊
Sounds like he's off. Never mind. Plenty more fish in the sea.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 1:46 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:20 am Personally I think he will get linked with numerous amount of jobs throughout the summer and we are going to have to get used to that as supporters. If he does go(and I sincerely hope he doesn’t) think he will go back up north. Put yourself in his shoes, if you were offered a better paid job a bigger club and the chance to be nearer you family would you take it?. Like I said previously I hope he doesn’t🤞 but if he does I hope the club don’t go through 6/7 managers to get a decent replacement 🙊
Sounds like he's off. Never mind. Plenty more fish in the sea.
Hope not max but if so, just hope we can catch the right one?🙊
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

Let the bedwetting season commence!
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Richie loves it at Orient so unless a big championship club comes knocking I wouldn’t be too concerned. Anyway it’s vital we keep Richie to help stabilise us as a League One club. We don’t want to end up doing a Forest Green.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

I think loosing the Chairman would be a bigger blow, there’s always another manager not so many Chairman like the club have🙊
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Monkey Boy wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:56 pm I think loosing the Chairman would be a bigger blow, there’s always another manager not so many Chairman like the club have🙊
So that's it then the manager, chairman and kit man are all off. Never mind plenty more fish in the sea.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Linked with more Jobs, Just on here or elsewhere ?
cymruO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cymruO »

Think I'd add to Red Dwarf by saying a big championship side up north. Having said that, is RW ready to manage a big championship side, or any championship side, north or south?
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

I think it’s inevitable that he will leave in the near future. But there’s absolutely no way it’ll be to go to Reading!
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

The Reverend wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:03 pm I think it’s inevitable that he will leave in the near future. But there’s absolutely no way it’ll be to go to Reading!
Blackpool wanted him & he played for them. RW quote "I Want to build a side for promotion Multiple promotions" , been made big promises @ Swindon Donncaster & Salford ". He's staying for the Immediate future .
Friend or faux
Fresh Alias

Post by Friend or faux »

If he got Tuffers as his number 1 fan, why on Earth would he want to leave?
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Friend or faux wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:39 pm If he got Tuffers as his number 1 fan, why on Earth would he want to leave?
Tuffers ain't even in the top 100. Thats how good Wellens has been for this club and its supporters.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

When Richie signed his extended contract, a while ago now, many of you came on here, creaming your pants in joy and happiness.

I posted on that thread, saying words to the effect, that an extended contract means absolutely nothing, because managers go when they get a better job offer, and this piece of paper that Richie signed wont stop that.

He may or may not have/get an offer from Reading FC to be their manager, at an improved salary, and he may leave us this summer to accept that offer.

Personally, I dont think Reading is much of an improvement to be honest, and I dont think he'll accept it ( if its offered), but I wouldnt bet my house on that premise.
Something thats worrying me a tad is this......Richies value as a good coach/manager is high at the moment, but if he stays with us, and we struggle a bit in league 1, then Richies stock is devalued, and he might decide to take the job ( if its offered), whilst hes in demand.
I do believe Richie likes it at Orient, but hes fiercely ambitious, and when a good job, working higher in the league structure comes along he will go..
I hope that day is a long time coming, but we shall see
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

Given the opportunity, I think he will take the Reading-job.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

LittleMate wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:44 pm
Friend or faux wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:39 pm If he got Tuffers as his number 1 fan, why on Earth would he want to leave?
Tuffers ain't even in the top 100. Thats how good Wellens has been for this club and its supporters.
Prove it !! :mrgreen: ;)
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:36 pm When Richie signed his extended contract, a while ago now, many of you came on here, creaming your pants in joy and happiness.

I posted on that thread, saying words to the effect, that an extended contract means absolutely nothing, because managers go when they get a better job offer, and this piece of paper that Richie signed wont stop that.

He may or may not have/get an offer from Reading FC to be their manager, at an improved salary, and he may leave us this summer to accept that offer.

Personally, I dont think Reading is much of an improvement to be honest, and I dont think he'll accept it ( if its offered), but I wouldnt bet my house on that premise.
Something thats worrying me a tad is this......Richies value as a good coach/manager is high at the moment, but if he stays with us, and we struggle a bit in league 1, then Richies stock is devalued, and he might decide to take the job ( if its offered), whilst hes in demand.
I do believe Richie likes it at Orient, but hes fiercely ambitious, and when a good job, working higher in the league structure comes along he will go..
I hope that day is a long time coming, but we shall see
It’s important that the club can match Richie’s ambitions when it comes to the transfer market. Get him the players he wants and I think he will stay for at least another season. It’s now up to the board .
Last edited by RedDwarf 1881 on Thu May 04, 2023 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Orient Punxx
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient Punxx »

Should stay as his ‘stock will only rise further when we are promoted again next year.