Why is everyone moaning about everything all the time?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

BigDaddyO
Fresh Alias

Why is everyone moaning about everything all the time?

Post by BigDaddyO »

Title says it all really.

Don't you people get tired of the endless negativity?

We've had some training injuries pre-season and a couple of poor showings, frustrating, but not the first club that's ever happened to.

We managed to re-sign some absolutely quality league 2 players: Tom James is ludicrous for this level, Ruel is hungry and exciting to watch, he'll bang in at least 15 this season. Archi was superb last season and now he's a permanent signing. Thompson is another very solid league 2 defender. Moncur, on paper, looks an incredible signing covering the midfield weakness we've all been aware of for years.
Not to mention we've got some extremely solid players across the pitch, Vigs, Beckles, Ogie, Smyth is unplayable when fit, Drinan and Smith are without a doubt good/very good league 2 strikers on their day. I think there's definitely a player in Brown. Clay is *fine*, Wood is perfectly capable. Etc, etc.

And we've got Wellens, a proven attacking manager who finished last season impeccably - sure he seemed frustrated in the interview but injuries do that, and he seems like he loves a moan anyway (in a good way).

It's like the doomsayers think we should be top of the league from day 1 and stay there until the end of the season - there are clubs in league 2 with bigger budgets than us, more fans, more money, better youth academies. Get over it. It feels like some of you don;t even support the club, you just come on here to post your bleak, wanky sludge and then crawl back into your caves - I highly doubt some of the prime culprits on here have been to an away game since Oxford.

All in all we're well set for a strong season - there's 46 games to go, players will get injured and you don't always sign the players on your shortlist, that's football.

Honestly, I think if the supporters were more positive in general it would help the team and improve the general atmosphere around the club.

I know it's not everyone moaning, but fk me, I avoid this board most days because the moaning and the crying is infectious and it saps the joy from supporting the club.

Get behind the Orient ffs.
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Why is everyone moaning about everything all the time?

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

The simple answer is, it's because we're British.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Well said BigDaddy
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

BigDaddyO wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:08 pm

Honestly, I think if the supporters were more positive in general it would help the team and improve the general atmosphere around the club.
:lol:

Happy-think the boys to promotion.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Some of us are only happy when we're moaning. There's the dilemma.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Chicken Dhansak wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:16 pm The simple answer is, it's because we're British.
..especially English..
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

Well said Big Daddy
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:25 pm
BigDaddyO wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:08 pm

:lol:

Happy-think the boys to promotion.
Prolifically moaning and generating negativity won't get us to promotion either. You may naively think the owners read your posts and are encouraged to invest more. More like they think why the hell do I bother investing when the only thanks I get is whinging.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

People moan because people like you look at things with rose tinted glasses and swallow all the bollocks the board throw your way and don’t question it.

There’s a lot of unfair criticism flying about and stupidity, like people saying they’d only renew because they thought Orient would do well but the club needs to be held accountable as well.
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

BiggsyMalone wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:09 pm People moan because people like you look at things with rose tinted glasses and swallow all the bollocks the board throw your way and don’t question it.

There’s a lot of unfair criticism flying about and stupidity, like people saying they’d only renew because they thought Orient would do well but the club needs to be held accountable as well.
The assumption that people that don't moan are happy is unfounded, many just choose not to sprout negativity for no useful purpose. What bollocks in particular are the board throwing our way.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:54 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:09 pm People moan because people like you look at things with rose tinted glasses and swallow all the bollocks the board throw your way and don’t question it.

The assumption that people that don't moan are happy is unfounded, many just choose not to sprout negativity for no useful purpose. What bollocks in particular are the board throwing our way.
Forum
“A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged”

If people have gripes about the club, why shouldn’t they voice it on here? The people saying stupid sh*t directly at players, staff and board by @ing them on social media or emailing them are pathetic and shouldn’t do that. Questioning where the season tickets are, where the new ticketing system is, where the kits are, where the new players are, where the communication is etc 2 weeks before the season starts is absolutely fine and should be encouraged.

If you aren’t bothered about those things or are choosing to not question them, then how much do you care about the club? Were you saying the same thing about Bechetti? When all of his decisions went unchecked at the start?

Any PR waffle that Nigel Travis/Kent Teague gets wheeled out to say when fans are getting pissed off. This 6 year plan that included getting rid of nearly all of your squad most of the way through it.
PeterKitchenisMagic
Fresh Alias

Post by PeterKitchenisMagic »

I like your comments , Big Daddy, and you're absolutely right in what you say.

Personally, I'm very excited about this coming season and with RW steering the ship with all those players on board, we'll win more games than we lose.

The pre-season friendlies, rarely show how things will be when the real stuff begins. I've see Orient win a lot of the pre season games and the following season was nothing to get excited about. And I've seen the opposite when we did little at the start but the season after was pretty good.

I've been coming since Christmas Day 1957 ( Orient 6 -2 Rotherham- Tommy Johnston got 4 !) I was 9, and I still can't Orient out of my system.

Win or lose, we must get behind this team and back the manager and coaching staff.

Up the O's
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

BigDaddyO wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:08 pm Title says it all really.

We've had some training injuries pre-season and a couple of poor showings, frustrating, but not the first club that's ever happened to.

We managed to re-sign some absolutely quality league 2 players: Tom James is ludicrous for this level, Ruel is hungry and exciting to watch, he'll bang in at least 15 this season. Archi was superb last season and now he's a permanent signing. Thompson is another very solid league 2 defender. Moncur, on paper, looks an incredible signing covering the midfield weakness we've all been aware of for years.
Not to mention we've got some extremely solid players across the pitch, Vigs, Beckles, Ogie, Smyth is unplayable when fit, Drinan and Smith are without a doubt good/very good league 2 strikers on their day. I think there's definitely a player in Brown. Clay is *fine*, Wood is perfectly capable. Etc, etc.

And we've got Wellens, a proven attacking manager who finished last season impeccably - sure he seemed frustrated in the interview but injuries do that, and he seems like he loves a moan anyway (in a good way).

It's like the doomsayers think we should be top of the league from day 1 and stay there until the end of the season - there are clubs in league 2 with bigger budgets than us, more fans, more money, better youth academies. Get over it. It feels like some of you don;t even support the club, you just come on here to post your bleak, wanky sludge and then crawl back into your caves - I highly doubt some of the prime culprits on here have been to an away game since Oxford.

All in all we're well set for a strong season - there's 46 games to go, players will get injured and you don't always sign the players on your shortlist, that's football.

I know it's not everyone moaning, but fk me, I avoid this board most days because the moaning and the crying is infectious and it saps the joy from supporting the club.

Who’s everyone? And do you class yourself in the “everyone “ category?
KC & sunshine band
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by KC & sunshine band »

Really made me laugh
Someone moaning at great length, almost preaching a sermon about fellow posters who they dont like and disagree with because they moan to much
Got to be a wind up
Contradiction or what
BigDaddyO
Fresh Alias

Post by BigDaddyO »

KC & sunshine band wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:08 pm

Really made me laugh
Someone moaning at great length, almost preaching a sermon about fellow posters who they dont like and disagree with because they moan to much
Got to be a wind up
Contradiction or what
:roll:
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

BiggsyMalone wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:35 pm

Forum
“A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged”

If people have gripes about the club, why shouldn’t they voice it on here? The people saying stupid sh*t directly at players, staff and board by @ing them on social media or emailing them are pathetic and shouldn’t do that. Questioning where the season tickets are, where the new ticketing system is, where the kits are, where the new players are, where the communication is etc 2 weeks before the season starts is absolutely fine and should be encouraged.

If you aren’t bothered about those things or are choosing to not question them, then how much do you care about the club? Were you saying the same thing about Bechetti? When all of his decisions went unchecked at the start?

Any PR waffle that Nigel Travis/Kent Teague gets wheeled out to say when fans are getting pissed off. This 6 year plan that included getting rid of nearly all of your squad most of the way through it.
You complain about lack of communication. Not sure what more you expect. For example 11 news updates in the last 3 days, including:

https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2022/ ... uperstore/

Obviously the ticket system migration and the merchandise availability has not been great, but not sure this has been entirely the clubs fault. They are moving the ticketing system to the market leaders.

Are you seriously comparing Travis/Teague to Bechetti.

You appear to complain the squad has changed over the years and at the same time complain there are not enough transfers, some people are hard to please.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Forum

Kit availability is down to short season break
Puma have a regular everyday
Worldwide manufacturing process &
Then they have official sports kits to make
across all sports . The Winter world cup
Will have put all that back & as we are a new Puma contract
We will be at the back of the worldwide manufacturing plan
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Chicken Dhansak wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:16 pm The simple answer is, it's because we're British.
Not all of us. :D
Eggski
Fresh Alias

Post by Eggski »

Lack of direction in life?
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

You will always get some people who will only ever see the negatives and come on here to moan.

Equally, you will always get some people who refuse to accept the negatives and refuse to accept any criticism levelled at the club.

The truth is somewhere in the middle. Our starting 11 is very, very close to being exceptional. We’re just lacking a first choice CDM and some adequate cover, otherwise injuries and suspensions are going to hamper us.

The other stuff going wrong - season tickets, replica kit - is secondary. No one is going to care about any of that if we have a successful team.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Yes Ling has done a fantastic job of keeping together an injury prone squad that finished mid table

Why is everyone moaning?
PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PutneyO »

We're doomed !
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:07 am You will always get some people who will only ever see the negatives and come on here to moan.

Equally, you will always get some people who refuse to accept the negatives and refuse to accept any criticism levelled at the club.

The truth is somewhere in the middle. Our starting 11 is very, very close to being exceptional. We’re just lacking a first choice CDM and some adequate cover, otherwise injuries and suspensions are going to hamper us.

The other stuff going wrong - season tickets, replica kit - is secondary. No one is going to care about any of that if we have a successful team.
Being able to attend a game isn’t secondary but agree with the rest
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Everyone is going to be able to attend the first game of the season. Even Orient couldn't muck that up. (Although we came pretty close in the early 00s when we didn't get the Stadium safety certificate signed off until 30 minutes before kick off).
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:18 pm

Forum

Kit availability is down to short season break
Puma have a regular everyday
Worldwide manufacturing process &
Then they have official sports kits to make
across all sports . The Winter world cup
Will have put all that back & as we are a new Puma contract
We will be at the back of the worldwide manufacturing plan
Thats just bollocks though because i believe the club have said the issue is due to a sponsor logo.