Jack Simpson

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Re: Jack Simpson

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Proposition Joe wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:29 pm While that may be the case, we must assume you don't then.
Even if they did only offer him a 1 year deal, is it worth this bad PR for a player they don’t see as an Orient player in the long term?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:03 pm
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:36 am
Monkey Boy wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:39 am

Ahh now your actually saying what you think i meant but didn’t have the guts to say it to me personally, fyi I don’t brush anything off, personally I don’t care if a player is black,white,blue or green as long as they play well for us, I’m just fed up with people talking about someone who’s signed for us and made his apologies more than once so let’s move on and look forward to the next season which will be a tough one.
That’s not what I meant. I’ve already said what I meant but I’ll say it one more time to save your eyes - saying “he’s signed now,
If you don’t like it then boycott supporting orient” is a ridiculous way to shut down a valid debate.
A debate that goes on and on and on. I’m not shutting down anything ,im suggesting . Like I said and I’ll say it one more time for you, if people disagree with this signing then have the courage of your conviction and don’t go or don’t go when he’s playing. I wonder how people who on here would not jump out of there seat or celebrate if he was to score. I have better things to do than argue with someone who isn’t forthright or backtracks on things that there implying like yourself.
Doesn’t seem like you have better things to do…

Again, missing the point unsurprisingly. Applying that logic to the FB era - if you don’t like it then shut up and don’t go. Surely we’ve learnt this isn’t the case. Some of us haven’t. You do have an air of Prez Biz so wouldn’t surprise me.

Closing down debate by stating “don’t like it don’t go” is a mental approach to take with anything in life when there’s room for healthy debate.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

How much bad PR do you think this is generating?
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Hoover Attack wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:29 pm How much bad PR do you think this is generating?
Enough to taint this club
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Anyone who wears the shirt is good enough for me 👍
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:30 pm
Hoover Attack wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:29 pm How much bad PR do you think this is generating?
Don’t seen this is tainting the club, being prepared to give someone a second chance who has shown remorse for what happened I see as enlightened, much preferable to a cancelled for life culture in my opinion.
The club hierarchy and fellow pros are happy with that from all I have read, I suspect most fans are happy with it too.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:28 pm
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:36 am

That’s not what I meant. I’ve already said what I meant but I’ll say it one more time to save your eyes - saying “he’s signed now,
If you don’t like it then boycott supporting orient” is a ridiculous way to shut down a valid debate.
A debate that goes on and on and on. I’m not shutting down anything ,im suggesting . Like I said and I’ll say it one more time for you, if people disagree with this signing then have the courage of your conviction and don’t go or don’t go when he’s playing. I wonder how people who on here would not jump out of there seat or celebrate if he was to score. I have better things to do than argue with someone who isn’t forthright or backtracks on things that there implying like yourself.

Again, missing the point unsurprisingly. Applying that logic to the FB era - if you don’t like it then shut up and don’t go. Surely we’ve learnt this isn’t the case. Some of us haven’t. You do have an air of Prez Biz so wouldn’t surprise me.

Closing down debate by stating “don’t like it don’t go” is a mental approach to take with anything in life when there’s room for healthy debate.
Give it a rest pal
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:24 pm

Give it a rest pal
Aha a beaten man
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

Rehabilitating someone on the path to redemption is bad pr? I think not
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

cockhat wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:14 pm I’m sure everyone on this board has said something on the spur of the moment that they have regretted.
Are the board racist because he’s been given a chance to redeem himself?
The guy looks a decent player why not give him the benefit of the doubt.
Ah back to this again, are we?

Have I said things in the past that I regretted? Yes, absolutely.

Have I racially abused a junior colleague in front of their peers? Absolutely not.

The “we’ve all said silly things before” is an even worse form of the ridiculous “nobodies perfect” argument.

What is interesting to me is at what line certain people will draw when it comes to the “nobodies perfect” defence.

For example, would “nobodies perfect, we’ve all done stuff we regret” defence be employed by the same people if it were a player who had committed other offences? Or is it just offences of racism that you’re willing to overlook?
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:47 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:24 pm

Give it a rest pal
Aha a beaten man
A healthy debate allows for people to put right the wrongs of a past mistake
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

The Reverend wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:57 pm
cockhat wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:14 pm I’m sure everyone on this board has said something on the spur of the moment that they have regretted.
Are the board racist because he’s been given a chance to redeem himself?
The guy looks a decent player why not give him the benefit of the doubt.
Ah back to this again, are we?

Have I said things in the past that I regretted? Yes, absolutely.

Have I racially abused a junior colleague in front of their peers? Absolutely not.

The “we’ve all said silly things before” is an even worse form of the ridiculous “nobodies perfect” argument.

What is interesting to me is at what line certain people will draw when it comes to the “nobodies perfect” defence.

For example, would “nobodies perfect, we’ve all done stuff we regret” defence be employed by the same people if it were a player who had committed other offences? Or is it just offences of racism that you’re willing to overlook?
John Mackie, Ricky Otto, Elliot Omozusi
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Steve Castle, Tommy Taylor, Roger Stanislaus, Wayne Burnett.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

I'm not madly in favour of us having signed him but there's no evidence this has actually happened, is there? The day we signed him a load of Cardiff fans went on Twitter saying he was a PoS but that's about it.
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

Jack Simpson made an awful racist remark for which we was rightfully punished. Some think he should never play again, some think he deserves a second chance, but not with us. Others think that having apologised and made efforts with the local community, now is the time to look forwards rather than backwards. I think that summarises it, although I am sure that won't end it, as some just won't let it go.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Given the excesses of other players in the past then what he did was pretty mild by comparison. I don’t believe it’s “tainted” the club at all. It’s all in your mind mate. Just move on.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:19 pm Jack Simpson made an awful racist remark for which we was rightfully punished. Some think he should never play again, some think he deserves a second chance, but not with us. Others think that having apologised and made efforts with the local community, now is the time to look forwards rather than backwards. I think that summarises it, although I am sure that won't end it, as some just won't let it go.
Nor should they have to if they feel that strongly about it.
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

Hoover Attack wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:22 pm
Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:19 pm Jack Simpson made an awful racist remark for which we was rightfully punished. Some think he should never play again, some think he deserves a second chance, but not with us. Others think that having apologised and made efforts with the local community, now is the time to look forwards rather than backwards. I think that summarises it, although I am sure that won't end it, as some just won't let it go.
Nor should they have to if they feel that strongly about it.
Moaning about it won't get rid of him
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

BoniO wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:21 pm
Given the excesses of other players in the past then what he did was pretty mild by comparison. I don’t believe it’s “tainted” the club at all. It’s all in your mind mate. Just move on.
He can't :lol: , glad Jack is an O's player personally
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Only from you. Let it go , it’s boring. It’s not helping him and it’s not helping the club.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Rubex Kube wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:56 pm
Why is that Orient’s job? He’s clearly not needed by the club given little he played last season and the 1 year deal he has for next
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

George M wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:32 pm
Only from you. Let it go , it’s boring. It’s not helping him and it’s not helping the club.
Good, I have no interest helping either parties
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:03 pm
Rubex Kube wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:56 pm
Why is that Orient’s job? He’s clearly not needed by the club given little he played last season and the 1 year deal he has for next
why do you care if you're not here to help Orient?
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:04 pm
Weird
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:04 pm
Not sure why you contribute then. It’s a LOFC fans forum. You clearly are not one and if you are , probably not one the club cares about losing.