Tory Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Re: Tory Watch

Post by Proposition Joe »

Your replies don't seem to follow what's been said before, tbf.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:11 pm
The Mindsweep wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:05 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Oh you mean a Bedroom .
For a man who is worried his wife & Child are about to made homeless according to his message to LK on tv this morning .

Im sure the offer you've given will help him
Because the interest rates have gone up down
to this sh!te government's incompetence .
Are you OK?
Im fine

Just Sick of this sh!t government voted in by
a Pathetic Majority of the voting Electorate ,
destroying Lives & putting peoples lives at risk

Suicide is being mentioned on a massive scale
all over radio shows & tv .

Still you dont seem to care much about them eh ?
I am an anarchist and firmly believe the only way out of the mess is to completely dismantle the current system. I will always aline myself with those with the least. The current government are awful self serving parasites, the next lot won't be as bad, but the system will remain the same.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

The Mindsweep wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:06 pm
The Mindsweep wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:05 pm

Are you OK?
Im fine

I am an anarchist and firmly believe the only way out of the mess is to completely dismantle the current system. I will always aline myself with those with the least. The current government are awful self serving parasites, the next lot won't be as bad, but the system will remain the same.
Align away , dismantle doesnt work. BUILDING social Housing will. Anarchy meant the crooks just knick all the money like the scum in power are doing right now !
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:15 pm

Im fine

Align away , dismantle doesnt work. BUILDING social Housing will. Anarchy meant the crooks just knick all the money like the scum in power are doing right now !

"It is we the workers who built these palaces and cities here in Spain and in America and everywhere. We, the workers, can build others to take their place. And better ones! We are not in the least afraid of ruins."

Buenaventura Durruti
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Max B Gold wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:48 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:15 pm

"It is we the workers who built these palaces and cities here in Spain and in America and everywhere. We, the workers, can build others to take their place. And better ones! We are not in the least afraid of ruins."

Buenaventura Durruti
Its not the palaces fault ,they are inanimate entities. No wonder you are lost with Politics :mrgreen:
CEB

Post by CEB »

I wonder if it gives tuffet pause, that without exception every thread he participates in drifts quickly to a place where someone says “that doesn’t make any sense even as a response to the previous post”?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

CEB wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:54 am I wonder if it gives tuffet pause, that without exception every thread he participates in drifts quickly to a place where someone says “that doesn’t make any sense even as a response to the previous post”?
That doesnt make any sense Poppit . :lol:
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:12 am
The Mindsweep wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:52 am
Most will have plenty of equity, why should government support investment. Sell, get a more affordable property or use the profit from the sale to rent.

What mortgage holders are now experiencing has been a fact of life that the increasing amount of people who rent have been suffering with for years.
Is there any evidence for this? I would imagine lots of people have continually remortgaged and drawn down on the value of their homes, as we've been encouraged to do so ever since the 1980s.
I get regular mortgage analysis through from UK Finance and can confirm that the majority of homeowners do not even have a mortgage (or any borrowing) secured against their home. That's not to say that they do not have plenty of other unsecured debt.

The problem for the wider economy is that the homeowners who will be most affected by this represent the consumption/spending peak of the population. When they scale back their spending, that will devastate the wider economy.

Don't be surprised if the "solution" to all of this is the introduction of 50+ year term mortgages.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Dunners wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:10 am
I get regular mortgage analysis through from UK Finance and can confirm that the majority of homeowners do not even have a mortgage (or any borrowing) secured against their home.
No way, I'm not buying that.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

All olds who paid off their ten grand mortgage yonks ago?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:48 am
I get regular mortgage analysis through from UK Finance and can confirm that the majority of homeowners do not even have a mortgage (or any borrowing) secured against their home.
It surprised me too. Buildplace (who are reputable and credible) do some brilliant analysis, but I just can't locate it right now. If I do I'll link to it on here.

This is from 2021:

www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommu ... o2015/2021

There were 24.9 million dwellings across England in 2021:
  • 32.6% of these were owned outright
  • 28% were owned with a mortgage or loan
  • 20% were privately rented
  • 17% were classed as social housing
  • 2.4% included unoccupied dwellings
The older generation has paid off its mortgages, and that even accounts for many who refinanced to provide their children with deposits on their first home purchases. What is left is the prime working age population on whom the state most depends for taxable income, as they earn the salaries and spend the cash.

Those with mortgages are about to get screwed. And those who rent are already getting screwed (in London as much as 30% of their income is going on rent). So, as a society that is based upon consumption led growth, we've reached the end of the road. This is what has the money markets so spooked right now.

We're basically Japan now. Only, unlike them, we have immigrants to blame.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Bloody hell.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Just make sure your kids' education gives them options to work abroad.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Dunners wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:11 am
It surprised me too. Buildplace (who are reputable and credible) do some brilliant analysis, but I just can't locate it right now. If I do I'll link to it on here.

This is from 2021:

The older generation has paid off its mortgages, and that even accounts for many who refinanced to provide their children with deposits on their first home purchases. What is left is the prime working age population on whom the state most depends for taxable income, as they earn the salaries and spend the cash.

Those with mortgages are about to get screwed. And those who rent are already getting screwed (in London as much as 30% of their income is going on rent). So, as a society that is based upon consumption led growth, we've reached the end of the road. This is what has the money markets so spooked right now.

People in london are earning upto 9k a month ?
Id say an average of £1500 pcm for rent is more
Than 30 %

https://www.onthemarket.com/to-rent/1-b ... gLz4PD_BwE
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

This is from 2021:

Of the 20% of dwellings that are Privately Rented - that's about 5m homes - I wonder what % of those are also mortgaged. I'm sure there's lots of BTL landlords also about to get hit with much higher borrowing costs. I'm not suggesting we feel sorry for over leveraged landlords, btw - rather that this will also hit tenants if the LL attempts to pass on their higher costs.

I'm very glad I'm old, frankly.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

StillSpike wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:49 am

This is from 2021:

Of the 20% of dwellings that are Privately Rented - that's about 5m homes - I wonder what % of those are also mortgaged. I'm sure there's lots of BTL landlords also about to get hit with much higher borrowing costs. I'm not suggesting we feel sorry for over leveraged landlords, btw - rather that this will also hit tenants if the LL attempts to pass on their higher costs.

I'm very glad I'm old, frankly.
That's a whole other sh*tshow and, short to medium term, the pain being felt by the BTL crowd could be devastating for private renters. We're beginning to see some try and sell, but most are still hanging on in the hope that they can tough it out (and pass on the financial pain to their tenants). Diminishing supply and increasing rents will erode tenants' spending/savings potential, which will further compound the economic turmoil.

The housing teams within DLUHC are struggling for ideas. The Renters (Reform) Bill does contain some good stuff (the end of ASTs and S21 evictions etc), but there's a long way to go before that becomes an Act, and on its own it's just not enough.

And the 17% social housing stuff is diminishing too. We're still dealing with Jenrick's opening up of the UK's social housing market to for-profit providers, who are backed by US investment banks. And any new rented homes delivered through government grant now must include a right to buy through Shared Ownership for social housing tenants on Affordable Rent tenancies (which will mean tenants being encouraged to take on the owner's responsibility for a measly 10% share of equity which they can obtain through personal loans).
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

This is wonderful

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

The Mindsweep wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:37 pm This is wonderful

The Fug Smucker needs a lesson or 10,000 !
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

While some partied others

Wally Banter
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Wally Banter »

Just another standard day under this govt.

Hateful, incompetent c*nts in "unlawful immigration plan" shocker:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ourt-rules

Hateful, incompetent c*nts in "campaign of interference" shocker:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66051280

Can you imagine how much time and energy in public office this govt has wasted trying to bury their own sh*t over the last 12 years?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Wally Banter wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:51 am Just another standard day under this govt.

Hateful, incompetent c*nts in "unlawful immigration plan" shocker:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ourt-rules

Hateful, incompetent c*nts in "campaign of interference" shocker:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66051280

Can you imagine how much time and energy in public office this govt has wasted trying to bury their own sh*t over the last 12 years?
I'm sure Rwanda will do the decent thing and give back the £140m they got up front.

In fact I bet the Tories had the good sense to insert a clause in the agreement to claw it back in the event of unelected bureaucrats skuppering the deal.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

I see the aptly named Chris Pincher, a former Tory whip, may have to resign amidst accusations of groping.

They really are a large group of parliamentary sex pests.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:28 pm I see the aptly named Chris Pincher, a former Tory whip, may have to resign amidst accusations of groping.

They really are a large group of parliamentary sex pests.
What about that Tory MP? Bailed 4 times for sexual assaults, not been in the Commons for about a year. He is still going to be on the ballot paper for the General Election and I bet the folks in *o*f*r* E*s*x vote him back in.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Christ.