League 2 (Final Position)

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

HARVEY T DENTON
Fresh Alias

Re: League 2 (Final Position)

Post by HARVEY T DENTON »

19th.
stage3
Fresh Alias

Post by stage3 »

More than pleased if we finish about 14th after wots happened. :)
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:09 pm
gshaw wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:07 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:32 pm

I predict we well see an experienced manager come in before the end of November.
Unless said manager has already been approached in the background and knows they're coming in (i.e. picking players) they'll have one hand tied behind their back inheriting a bunch of players they don't want.

Well obviously. Same as when a manager is sacked and a new guy comes in, they inherit the squad that's there.

The good thing about our set up is that Lingy is still here providing consistency.
Not the same when you know from summer the interim won't stay on. Why make the next manager's job even more difficult and potentially have to write off another bunch of signings?

Given the club must've known about Bonne and Koroma transfers likely the choice makes even less sense. It won't be the same dressing room with big characters and key players going so the continuity line doesn't really hold as much value.
2monty22
Fresh Alias

Post by 2monty22 »

I think we will at least get in the play off the players will do it for justin legend
Reflecto
Fresh Alias

Post by Reflecto »

Even with Macca and Koroma gone the squad is substantially the same. Will be low turnover compared to past years and other clubs. Expect 2 or 3 new arrivals, including at least one well known marque signing.

Current management team until mid Oct and then new more experienced manager. Further 1 or 2 in Jan, with maybe one out.

11th by Xmas and 6th by season end.
Jman
Fresh Alias

Post by Jman »

Eagwgw posted something excellent on next season on a different thread that I completely agreed with.

Next season is going be entirely about consolidation with the summer we've had. A comfortable, mid table finish would suit me just fine. Ideally we're not flirting with any of the bottom 2 spots throughout because you see the pressure cranking right up again but I think we'll be ok. Still a lot to be ironed out over this summer and you'd like to think now we've got one of the bigger playing budgets to utilize.