League 2 (Final Position)

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: League 2 (Final Position)

Post by BIGRON »

If we stay up i will be a happy chappie , anything else will be a bonus πŸ‘πŸ‘
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

BIGRON wrote: ↑Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:41 pm If we stay up i will be a happy chappie , anything else will be a bonus πŸ‘πŸ‘
I'm with my old mate Ron on this one.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Howling Mad Murdock wrote: ↑Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:08 pm
BIGRON wrote: ↑Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:41 pm If we stay up i will be a happy chappie , anything else will be a bonus πŸ‘πŸ‘
I'm with my old mate Ron on this one.
πŸ‘ Agreed.
Reflecto
Fresh Alias

Post by Reflecto »

Top 3 very possible...

League 2 looks a fair bit like the NL
We have a strong squad, with any departures covered well
We are one of the top 4 in size
We have momentum
We have excellent coaches
We have more funds, due to transfers and cash injections
We have indomitable spirit, we are LOFC
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

For a top 3 finish I feel our next signings will have to be bang on the nail.
AckneyAwks
Fresh Alias

Post by AckneyAwks »

Hi bobo66. Your right did not work for Jamie Cureton but he was still a prolific striker in league football. In my dreams would be great to find a Kitch or Griff but i'm sure you get my drift. Dont know much about Connor Wilkinson but he looks to have a lot of confidence in himself. I quite like strikers who are selfish and have a bit of something different about them.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Reflecto wrote: ↑Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:34 pm We have a strong squad, with any departures covered well
Ummm dunno about that, not on business so far at least

Bonne and (probably) Koroma gone with just Wilkinson on
Simpson gone, Alabi transfer listed, no replacements

Lee and Lawless gone, Wright in (who replaces the latter rather than the former imo)

Defence is strong but midfield upwards looks very thin on numbers and quality. Bearing in mind we ran it very close last season and suffered when our first choice players weren't available we can't afford to skimp on the number of signings this summer.

Ask me again in a few weeks when I hope we'll have splashed some cash on bringing in the players we need but as it stands 19th. Survival but a scary ride, lack of goals the main issue if we don't strengthen significantly upfront.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

gshaw wrote: ↑Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:48 pm
Reflecto wrote: ↑Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:34 pm We have a strong squad, with any departures covered well

Lee and Lawless gone, Wright in (who replaces the latter rather than the former imo)

Defence is strong but midfield upwards looks very thin on numbers and quality. Bearing in mind we ran it very close last season and suffered when our first choice players weren't available we can't afford to skimp on the number of signings this summer.

Ask me again in a few weeks when I hope we'll have splashed some cash on bringing in the players we need but as it stands 19th. Survival but a scary ride, lack of goals the main issue if we don't strengthen significantly upfront.
This 100%
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

After the interim appointment, 16th.

That is my interim prediction.
Constanza
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Constanza »

1ST.
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

An interim stay in League Two.
Article_50
Fresh Alias

Post by Article_50 »

RientO wrote: ↑Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:24 am Anywhere from 22nd up will do. Play off would be good and promotion a bonus. Anything except relegation.
I'll go along with that.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: ↑Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:54 pm
gshaw wrote: ↑Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:48 pm

This 100%
About right. But I’m sure more players will come in. According to Ling we have identified replacements and Bonne being replaced quickly suggests this is the case. But outgoings do exceed incomings so assume negotiations are under way. Took a while to get Turley so maybe in the next week other players will arrive.

Unless ling is talking bolox.

If our recruitment is done we will struggle to continue the JE legacy. I don’t believe the club will allow that to happen.
TrickorTreat
Fresh Alias

Post by TrickorTreat »

13th

But, as is stated above that does depend on who comes in to strengthen the squad. We are still light in midfield and we will only score goals if we have that midfield engine driving and creating chances, Our strong defence should, hopefully keep us out of trouble.
Wrex the dragon
Fresh Alias

Post by Wrex the dragon »

I predict you guys will make the play offs at least.
Then after a rousing Wembley performance, up you go!
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

No slight on Emberton but I don't think we'll do as well as we would have done with JE. I was anticipating a fairly comfortable season, maybe even having a bit of a sniff if the playoffs with a fair wind but now I think we'll be lower half. Have to hope we stay clear of any dogfight at the bottom.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Proposition Joe wrote: ↑Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:29 pm No slight on Emberton but I don't think we'll do as well as we would have done with JE. I was anticipating a fairly comfortable season, maybe even having a bit of a sniff if the playoffs with a fair wind but now I think we'll be lower half. Have to hope we stay clear of any dogfight at the bottom.
I predict we well see an experienced manager come in before the end of November.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:32 pm
Proposition Joe wrote: ↑Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:29 pm No slight on Emberton but I don't think we'll do as well as we would have done with JE. I was anticipating a fairly comfortable season, maybe even having a bit of a sniff if the playoffs with a fair wind but now I think we'll be lower half. Have to hope we stay clear of any dogfight at the bottom.
I predict we well see an experienced manager come in before the end of November.
I tend to agree with this ^
The club had no choice. To have brought in an outsider now, would have been disrespectful to Justins family.
Calling Ross 'Interim' head coach, is a dead give away.......there will be an outsider brought in later on, and Ross, Danny will go back to where they were before
y o y o y
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by y o y o y »

Anywhere in the middle 8 will be fine by me
Last edited by y o y o y on Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Not saying it was the wrong decision. Just think it's an unfortunate reality that we should temper our expectations a bit.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Unless said manager has already been approached in the background and knows they're coming in (i.e. picking players) they'll have one hand tied behind their back inheriting a bunch of players they don't want.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Until we know who is coming in (and equally, who else is going) it's impossible to say.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

gshaw wrote: ↑Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:07 pm
Unless said manager has already been approached in the background and knows they're coming in (i.e. picking players) they'll have one hand tied behind their back inheriting a bunch of players they don't want.

Well obviously. Same as when a manager is sacked and a new guy comes in, they inherit the squad that's there.

The good thing about our set up is that Lingy is still here providing consistency.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Not sure it will be that soon but yeah, I agree Ross won't see out the year. I guess it makes sense to do it by then to give the permanent replacement time to prepare for the January transfer window.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: ↑Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:09 pm
gshaw wrote: ↑Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:07 pm

Well obviously. Same as when a manager is sacked and a new guy comes in, they inherit the squad that's there.

The good thing about our set up is that Lingy is still here providing consistency.
And theres you slagging off both the man and the role last year. Now we need a bit of consistency hes the man now.

You are two faced.