This club really is in a state

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Re: This club really is in a state

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Osal wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:48 pm Ok dOh Nut, like you I have supported Leyton Orient for 60+ years and we all have differing opinions. Although I was grateful for T&T saving the club, of course I was and I was well aware that mistakes would be made in the forward journey and you are not always going to get it right with the appointment of a Manager/Head Coach, but there surely are lessons to be learnt, as get it wrong twice out of three is quite alarming, in my opinion.
Absolutely lessons to be learnt. I have little doubt the Board will have a full and Frank post mortum. They, Ling, is openly accepting he got it wrong and is not hiding from his responsibility. His last interview must have been tough and embarrassing but fair play to him. He didn’t shirk away. Says a lot about the man.

I like everybody else hopes the next choice is right and we can all move on.
Mr Wu
Fresh Alias

Post by Mr Wu »

Tenerife wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:13 am We won a league title last season.
You are only as good as your last performance,that was not good enough on any level for professional footballers.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

dOh Nut wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:55 pm
Osal wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:48 pm Ok dOh Nut, like you I have supported Leyton Orient for 60+ years and we all have differing opinions. Although I was grateful for T&T saving the club, of course I was and I was well aware that mistakes would be made in the forward journey and you are not always going to get it right with the appointment of a Manager/Head Coach, but there surely are lessons to be learnt, as get it wrong twice out of three is quite alarming, in my opinion.

Absolutely lessons to be learnt. I have little doubt the Board will have a full and Frank post mortum.
They, Ling, is openly accepting he got it wrong and is not hiding from his responsibility. His last interview must have been tough and embarrassing but fair play to him. He didn’t shirk away. Says a lot about the man.

When did Frank die?
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

spen666 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:23 pm

Absolutely lessons to be learnt. I have little doubt the Board will have a full and Frank post mortum.
They, Ling, is openly accepting he got it wrong and is not hiding from his responsibility. His last interview must have been tough and embarrassing but fair play to him. He didn’t shirk away. Says a lot about the man.

When did Frank die?
Comment figure of speech as you well know. But amusing none the less. Bad use of capitals. :D
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

dOh Nut wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:27 pm
spen666 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:23 pm

When did Frank die?
Comment figure of speech as you well know. But amusing none the less. Bad use of capitals. :D

So, it was capital punishment?
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Absolutely lessons to be learnt. I have little doubt the Board will have a full and Frank post mortum. They, Ling, is openly accepting he got it wrong and is not hiding from his responsibility. His last interview must have been tough and embarrassing but fair play to him. He didn’t shirk away. Says a lot about the man.

No different to players tweeting ‘we need to work hard in training and put things right, you deserve better’ after the 5th straight defeat. Words are easy, it’s actions you’re judged on.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Max B Gold wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:27 am
Red_Army wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:21 am Not even nearly a state. We made a mistake, we acted and we move on.
Yes everybody move along. Nothing to see here. Just assemble over there beside the Ostrich enclosure and follow their lead.

We have absentee owners, a malfunctioning management structure, a failed recruitment process and a team low on morale not cooperating with the manager and they're not good enough for Div 2.
Stop understating the problem.
whittle81
Fresh Alias

Post by whittle81 »

Justin came in on his own and managed to work with the staff that Steve Davis worked with.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

To me, appointing Carl Fletcher as our new Manager was a very strange appointment from day one and it got worse match by match, till after such a short time, his job of being our Manager, or for those who prefer the title of ''Chief Coach'' was ended. I just find it all rather mind boggling to appoint a man of so little experience of managing a league football club as our manager, such a massive waste of money and problems incurred as a result of this fiasco.