Why is everyone moaning about everything all the time?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Why is everyone moaning about everything all the time?

Post by gshaw »

Long slender neck wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:49 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:18 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:35 pm
Forum
“A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged”

If people have gripes about the club, why shouldn’t they voice it on here? The people saying stupid sh*t directly at players, staff and board by @ing them on social media or emailing them are pathetic and shouldn’t do that. Questioning where the season tickets are, where the new ticketing system is, where the kits are, where the new players are, where the communication is etc 2 weeks before the season starts is absolutely fine and should be encouraged.

If you aren’t bothered about those things or are choosing to not question them, then how much do you care about the club? Were you saying the same thing about Bechetti? When all of his decisions went unchecked at the start?

Any PR waffle that Nigel Travis/Kent Teague gets wheeled out to say when fans are getting pissed off. This 6 year plan that included getting rid of nearly all of your squad most of the way through it.
Kit availability is down to short season break
Puma have a regular everyday
Worldwide manufacturing process &
Then they have official sports kits to make
across all sports . The Winter world cup
Will have put all that back & as we are a new Puma contract
We will be at the back of the worldwide manufacturing plan
Thats just bollocks though because i believe the club have said the issue is due to a sponsor logo.
Given some of the comments when unveiled I reckon you'd sell more without the logo on :lol:
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Forum
“A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged”

If people have gripes about the club, why shouldn’t they voice it on here? The people saying stupid sh*t directly at players, staff and board by @ing them on social media or emailing them are pathetic and shouldn’t do that. Questioning where the season tickets are, where the new ticketing system is, where the kits are, where the new players are, where the communication is etc 2 weeks before the season starts is absolutely fine and should be encouraged.

If you aren’t bothered about those things or are choosing to not question them, then how much do you care about the club? Were you saying the same thing about Bechetti? When all of his decisions went unchecked at the start?

Any PR waffle that Nigel Travis/Kent Teague gets wheeled out to say when fans are getting pissed off. This 6 year plan that included getting rid of nearly all of your squad most of the way through it.
Thats just bollocks though because i believe the club have said the issue is due to a sponsor logo.
Sponsor Logos arent part of the manufacturing process ?
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Forum

No mate. It’s never the clubs fault.

The replica kit fiasco is down to Puma.

The season ticket fiasco is down to the ticketing agency.

The streaming service fiasco is down to the streaming service provider.

The lack of signings fiasco is not even a fiasco because the new season is a whole two weeks away.

Etc etc
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:00 pm

No mate. It’s never the clubs fault.

The replica kit fiasco is down to Puma.

The season ticket fiasco is down to the ticketing agency.

The streaming service fiasco is down to the streaming service provider.

The lack of signings fiasco is not even a fiasco because the new season is a whole two weeks away.

Etc etc
You could always support a different club that always gets everything right.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Calm down, Gilso.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:39 pm Calm down, Gilso.
ok Max
OldBill2
Fresh Alias

Post by OldBill2 »

it is easier to moan than to say something positive or even original!
The Big Shot
Fresh Alias

Post by The Big Shot »

What makes me laugh is the double standards of certain people on here, who only ever post when we lose:

KC & sunshine band
Qin
Red Dward1881
gshaw
PutneyO
Beradogs
Stan1972
Chief Crazy Horse
and Gary the Plumber doesn't deploy his two main aliases PoundhillO and Cockhat

You rarely see the above posters post when we win, but only do it when we lose. I mean none of these friendly results mean anything, I don't understand how people get so worked up over them.

On Tuesday if we win - everyone will say nothing, if we was to lose the above posters will come back. All of them suffer from double standards and will be hoping we have a bad start to the season so they can say they're right about something, which as it stands will happen.

Apart from Gary Plumber of course, he just deploys those two aliases to wind everyone up.
henry
Fresh Alias

Post by henry »

After 55 years following the O's, I'm just grateful that we still got a club, thinking of Bury, Oldham etc.
Thankfully we have owners who are still willing to bail out the club.
KC & sunshine band
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by KC & sunshine band »

The Big Shot wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:48 am What makes me laugh is the double standards of certain people on here, who only ever post when we lose:

KC & sunshine band
Qin
Red Dward1881
gshaw
PutneyO
Beradogs
Stan1972
Chief Crazy Horse

You rarely see the above posters post when we win, but only do it when we lose. I mean none of these friendly results mean anything, I don't understand how people get so worked up over them.

On Tuesday if we win - everyone will say nothing, if we was to lose the above posters will come back. All of them suffer from double standards and will be hoping we have a bad start to the season so they can say they're right about something, which as it stands will happen.

Apart from Gary Plumber of course, he just deploys those two aliases to wind everyone up.
Im your Boogie man, keep it coming love, that's the way I like it
chill - get down tonite
All together now !
:roll: :8 :D
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stan1972 »

Firstly I have a life outside football, so do not feel the need to post every day after every result, regardless of the result, win, draw or lose, I also haven’t seen the highlights so I cannot comment on yesterday’s win v Spurs U21’s, but from comments on her it was a good win and run out for the squad as the season gets ever closer.

I like most fans was worried about the size of the squad and lack of new additions and communication from the club, and amount of injuries we had picked up recently, with the season being so close now, and as it’s a forum where freedom of speech is allowed (negative or positive) expressed my concerns after the last couple of friendlies, however I am very happy to hear RW wants to bring in a couple of additions, hopefully this week, as it’s what the squad needs.

Secondly, as a loyal O’s fan for more than 30+ years, never ever would I want The O’s to lose or have a bad start to the season.

Hopefully we will be ready for 1st game v Grimsby, maybe a couple of players light on return from recent niggles and injuries, but as RW said, hopefully we are getting all our injuries now before the season starts and will have a good injury free run after.

Orient till I die and 100% behind RW and the boys!
L1 here we come
:lofc: :lofc:
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

The Big Shot wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:48 am What makes me laugh is the double standards of certain people on here, who only ever post when we lose:

KC & sunshine band
Qin
Red Dward1881
gshaw
PutneyO
Beradogs
Stan1972
Chief Crazy Horse

Normally I wouldn't respond to jesters such as yourself, especially when it would seem I'm having to defend myself. But I'll make an exception. It's plainly obvious you don't like my views on here, so you then embarras yourself with distortions of the truth. It's some sort of personal hang up you have. It has to be.Boarders that have been on here over the years will know that you saying I only post when we lose is totally untrue. Twaddle.
Maybe you should think up something else in which to use my name.
PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PutneyO »

The Big Shot wrote: ↑Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:48 am
"What makes me laugh is the double standards of certain people on here, who only ever post when we lose:

KC & sunshine band
Qin
Red Dward1881
gshaw
PutneyO
Beradogs
Stan1972
Chief Crazy Horse

You rarely see the above posters post when we win, but only do it when we lose. I mean none of these friendly results mean anything, I don't understand how people get so worked up over them."

In the past I have logged some very positive upbeat comments
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:00 pm
Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:54 pm

The assumption that people that don't moan are happy is unfounded, many just choose not to sprout negativity for no useful purpose. What bollocks in particular are the board throwing our way.
Forum

You complain about lack of communication. Not sure what more you expect. For example 11 news updates in the last 3 days, including:

https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2022/ ... uperstore/

Obviously the ticket system migration and the merchandise availability has not been great, but not sure this has been entirely the clubs fault. They are moving the ticketing system to the market leaders.

Are you seriously comparing Travis/Teague to Bechetti.

You appear to complain the squad has changed over the years and at the same time complain there are not enough transfers, some people are hard to please.
You couldn’t shut anyone at the club up for the first 4 years of their ownership. The last couple, they’ve been silent until the sh*t hits the wall, then they go in full PR mode.

The club have had months to change it over. Why is it taking until 9 days before the season starts before you can buy a ticket for the first game?

I’m not comparing the two. I’m making the point that Orient fans should be more critical and on top of club decisions after what happened last time. To treat this lot like a bunch of Messiahs beyond criticism or questioning is insane.

I actually don’t agree about the transfers this summer. It isn’t as bad as people are saying but we are short. The club will bring players in, because they have to. Talking about a top 6 budget and then signing your 3rd/4th targets is embarrassing
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I’m not sure George Moncur was a 3rd or 4th choice signing . While I feel a little frustrated at the speed of which we’re making any signings , I’d wait until our transfer activity was completed this Summer before I’d make that statement . I’m sure Richie said in his interview he was willing to be patient to get the players he wanted . When he said that it was good enough for me . I think we could have two new signings arriving sometime this week.
DaveDunmore
Fresh Alias

Post by DaveDunmore »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:37 pm I’m not sure George Moncur was a 3rd or 4th choice signing . While I feel a little frustrated at the speed of which we’re making any signings , I’d wait until our transfer activity was completed this Summer before I’d make that statement . I’m sure Richie said in his interview he was willing to be patient to get the players he wanted . When he said that it was good enough for me . I think we could have two new signings arriving sometime this week.
We will wait with bated breath for that statement, 💤💤
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

DaveDunmore wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:54 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:37 pm I’m not sure George Moncur was a 3rd or 4th choice signing . While I feel a little frustrated at the speed of which we’re making any signings , I’d wait until our transfer activity was completed this Summer before I’d make that statement . I’m sure Richie said in his interview he was willing to be patient to get the players he wanted . When he said that it was good enough for me . I think we could have two new signings arriving sometime this week.
We will wait with bated breath for that statement, 💤💤
All I'm saying Dave is wait and see who else comes in . So far Moncur is a good signing and TBF I don't know about Georgeiou simply because I've never seen him play .
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:37 pm I’m not sure George Moncur was a 3rd or 4th choice signing .
3rd or 4th ?
😁
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:36 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:37 pm I’m not sure George Moncur was a 3rd or 4th choice signing .
3rd or 4th ?
😁
James implied we always end up with only our 3rd or 4th choice targets when with Moncur that's clearly not true .