Ross with Dave Victor post-match

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Ross with Dave Victor post-match

Post by o-no »

I was quite shocked to hear that Ross was surprised to see that Angol was taking the penalty on Saturday. I have been under the general impression that most teams have a predetermined penalty taker who will take the spot kicks, if available.

As it happens, it was either a really good or really bad penalty which gave the keeper no chance, and a million times better than Wright's efforts which are never anywhere near the corners of the goal.

This, and the comment about Wilkinson "preferring" to play out wide sort of made me wonder how hands-on our new coach actually is. There's a bit of me that thinks he still wants to be one of the lads but as manager he needs to stand apart otherwise he will have no authority. Maybe I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, but he needs to tell the team who's doing what, where and when, especially as it's clear to many that one up front isn't working. This may involve some tough conversations with the lads, and I hope he's up for that.
ContrifibulatoryFred
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Ross with Dave Victor post-match

Post by ContrifibulatoryFred »

He needs to much to pass his managerial MOT - Embleford should be binned
Fanny
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fanny »

Is this the same interview where he completely chucked Brophy under the bus?

Whether or not he was a fault for the goal, singling him out in a post match interview really is harsh, especially when he wasn’t the only one to blame. I imagine that’s a great way to p*ss players off and decrease their morale.
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

Huxley wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:47 pm Is this the same interview where he completely chucked Brophy under the bus?

Whether or not he was a fault for the goal, singling him out in a post match interview really is harsh, especially when he wasn’t the only one to blame. I imagine that’s a great way to p*ss players off and decrease their morale.
Plus, he should be playing in his proper position, not stuck at left back. That said he was still one (if not the) best performers on Saturday. I still don't understand why Ogie hasn't been given a chance.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Huxley wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:47 pm Is this the same interview where he completely chucked Brophy under the bus?

Brophy deserved chucking under the bus .

His awful mistake led to us having very little chance of picking up 3 points for a win &
Forcing us to fight back for a point.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

If it was the interview I heard, he didn’t throw anyone under the bus.

He said it was an error, but also said we weren’t set up properly defensively, which was true.
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

Brophy had an excellent game unfortunately marred by overrunning the ball and getting dispossessed which led to their goal.
He didn’t pass it to their player, or underhit a back pass or the like , he was trying to be positive in the opponents half , these things happen.
Last edited by Redcard on Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:26 pm

His awful mistake led to us having very little chance of picking up 3 points for a win &
What is it you hate about Brophy? He is one of our few creative forces and needs nurturing not denigrating.
Fanny
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fanny »

Personally I don’t think managers calling out individual mistakes is a good look.

In complete contrast, during Holloway’s post match interview rather than having a pop at the guy who conceded the penalty he took full responsibility for the result even suggesting that it was his error of judgement regarding tactics and substitutes towards the end of the game which prevent them getting all 3 points.

I know which manager I’d prefer to work under based on those interviews.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Disoriented wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:41 pm

What is it you hate about Brophy? He is one of our few creative forces and needs nurturing not denigrating.
1st time I've ever criticised the lad.

Unlike you who slaughters Ling/ling/Embleton every chance you can.

That dear fellow is Hate.

Keep banging that🥁
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:01 pm

Keep banging that🥁
‘Slaughtering’ is what you do - Brophy, Ian Hendon, the English language.

It is your schtick.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Huxley wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:55 pm

Personally I don’t think managers calling out individual mistakes is a good look.

In complete contrast, during Holloway’s post match interview rather than having a pop at the guy who conceded the penalty he took full responsibility for the result even suggesting that it was his error of judgement regarding tactics and substitutes towards the end of the game which prevent them getting all 3 points.

I know which manager I’d prefer to work under based on those interviews.
Holloway only said the ref gave the penalty.

A decision.

Brophs made an error in judgement .
That is all .

No big deal , but calling him out for it , means brophs wont push that bit extra in a vulnerable part of the pitch.

Do it up front of course.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

So you’re saying Embleton made a mistake in playing Brophy out of position at LB?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Brophy made an error and gave away possession.

The two CB's were all at sea and the keeper was obviously going to get a burger or something.

It wasn't all down to Brophy.
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

banqo wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:38 pm

Plus, he should be playing in his proper position, not stuck at left back. That said he was still one (if not the) best performers on Saturday. I still don't understand why Ogie hasn't been given a chance.
He can't get in the team in his best position, even JMD keeps him out of that role. Besides if he's further forward then he's got far less of the space to run into that makes him look good - plus he can't cross the ball. I heard a collective "f88k me" in the SS when he actually got one to lift into the area on Saturday.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Disoriented wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:04 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:01 pm

Keep banging that🥁
‘Slaughtering’ is what you do - Brophy, Ian Hendon, the English language.

It is your schtick.
Oh go do one Des .

Slaughtering the English language is my lack of care on a mobile phone . Nothing more.

Plus I know it p155es you off
So eggspect plenty more .

How long since Hendon was here ?

If he was a Hot prospect, he'd have been snapped up by somebody. I think it shows my knowledge of Football is at a higher level than yours chap.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Redcard wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:41 pm Brophy had an excellent game unfortunately marred by overrunning the ball and getting dispossessed which led to their goal.
He didn’t pass it to their player, or underhit a back pass or the like , he was trying to be positive in the opponents half , these things happen.
He'd overstretched & trying to beat his man after already twice doing that & a decent run got caught. There was a simple pass forward he could have made & backed himself to do so.

Fair enough in that respect, but if you are doing that you must know you can beat him .

It's just a brophs look for the easy after you've beaten 2 men already.
Agree he had a great game before & after that incident.
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Brophy was proper gutted after the goal, he knows what he did and was pissed off with himself for letting it happen. He was my man of the match as well.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Thor wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:08 am Brophy was proper gutted after the goal, he knows what he did and was p*ssed off with himself for letting it happen. He was my man of the match as well.
Yeah ,Brophy was my MOTM as well . The real problem is he's not a LB although he can play there . Does anybody know if Widdowson will be back for the Port Vale game .
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

RedO wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:08 pm So you’re saying Embleton made a mistake in playing Brophy out of position at LB?
🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Good Effort.

What I said in Layman's terms, is that Brophy picked up the ball ran 40 -50 yards diagonally across the pitch
While putting it past 2 opposition players then tried to do it a 3rd time & got caught out .

There lad knicked it off him , lobbed a great ball through to 1 of the players Brophs ran past & he popped into
the back of the net.

As far as I remember Brophs was going back to pick up a quick ball from Searge before.he made the run.

Not a single mention of what you suggest I was saying.
bobo66
Fresh Alias

Post by bobo66 »

Sorry but I'm not sure how Brophy can be described as creative. He runs at players and is fast, but his final ball is usually poor. He does not therefore, create much. How many assists has he I wonder.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

He creates a shed load of space for other players by occupying 2, 3 or 4 players. Not his fault that thos other players are the likes of Wright, Clay and marsh.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

bobo66 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:29 am

Sorry but I'm not sure how Brophy can be described as creative. He runs at players and is fast, but his final ball is usually poor. He does not therefore, create much. How many assists has he I wonder.
Conversely shouldn’t you be asking the coaching team why they have not been able to improve his final ball? Or even if they are trying?
Luna Tic
Fresh Alias

Post by Luna Tic »

Didn’t he say what Brophy did wasn’t good enough ? I know I was shocked he singled him out as he was by far our best player. Then Wilkinson who likes being a winger ? Yet when he joined us a number 9 goal scorer he said in his interview I can’t wait to start and try and get a few goals , not make a few goals from the wing ? He’s always been a number 9. Penalty takers are always decided pre match by managers if they are properly organised . So how he didn’t know who was taking it is a worry .
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Luna add to that the previous game where he said the players didn't follow the game plan and questions are being posed over dressing room power.