Prerequisites For Labour's Next Leader

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Father Ted Crilly
Fresh Alias

Re: Prerequisites For Labour's Next Leader

Post by Father Ted Crilly »

Sid Bishop wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:30 pm
RedO wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:30 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:19 pm Starmer has little to no charisma, from the same school of thought as Thornberry and comes across to me as a rather upper-class type of a character with a ''Plummy'' sort of accent who only listens to anyone if they agree with him. Another who would be a bad choice is Evette Cooper, a very self opinionated woman who like Thornberry, talks over everyone else when on question time and other similar programs, so rude when people do that ! As a non Labour voter, I think Lisa Nandy and Hillary Benn always come across as calm, polite and sensible MP's who would relate far better to the average Labour voters across the UK.
Good point, there's no way Joe Northener would vote for a self-opinionated, upper class type of character with a plummy sort of accent, who talks over everyone else and only listens to anyone if they agree with him.
Boris has charisma and has charm, , has NOT got a plummy accent, makes people laugh with his clown like antics, has got all the blarney and can relate to working class people. Starmer has zero charisma, does NOT make people laugh, is sour-faced and is unable to relate to working class people as Boris can. No comparison at all between the two men.
They won’t be laughing after another 5 years of Tory rule.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Why is it all these touted candidates look a bit weird?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Clive Lewis has thrown his hat in the ring. Wants to increase democratisation within the party and push for proportional representation.

He will be liked by the membership.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

He’s naturally likeable.

Ticks lots of boxes to appeal to a wide range of people. Left enough, not in London bubble, done a war, not too brown. I’m behind this.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Father Ted Crilly wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:42 pm

Good point, there's no way Joe Northener would vote for a self-opinionated, upper class type of character with a plummy sort of accent, who talks over everyone else and only listens to anyone if they agree with him.
Boris has charisma and has charm, , has NOT got a plummy accent, makes people laugh with his clown like antics, has got all the blarney and can relate to working class people. Starmer has zero charisma, does NOT make people laugh, is sour-faced and is unable to relate to working class people as Boris can. No comparison at all between the two men.
Crystal ball gazing again !
Is that the same Crystal Ball you and many other left wingers on this forum have been using over the past few years when so many things you have predicted have turned out completely wrong, including predictions of the Labour party sweeping to power in the last two elections. If true, then a new Crystal ball required !
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

I put Clive Lewis's name forward yesterday, and he wasnt in the race.
He obviously looks at this board, and decided if i favour him, it must be a good idea to stand
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Labour will appoint a women next time, just a matter of who. If I were a betting man I'd say Raynor would be the lady picked.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Sid Bishop wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:19 pm Starmer has little to no charisma, from the same school of thought as Thornberry and comes across to me as a rather upper-class type of a character with a ''Plummy'' sort of accent who only listens to anyone if they agree with him. Another who would be a bad choice is Evette Cooper, a very self opinionated woman who like Thornberry, talks over everyone else when on question time and other similar programs, so rude when people do that ! As a non Labour voter, I think Lisa Nandy and Hillary Benn always come across as calm, polite and sensible MP's who would relate far better to the average Labour voters across the UK.
Boris has charisma and has charm, , has NOT got a plummy accent, makes people laugh with his clown like antics, has got all the blarney and can relate to working class people. Starmer has zero charisma, does NOT make people laugh, is sour-faced and is unable to relate to working class people as Boris can. No comparison at all between the two men and as you yourself wrote.......'' Starmer always looks twitchy/nervy to me'' something you cannot say of Boris !
Sometimes there are no words. :lol:
Father Ted Crilly
Fresh Alias

Post by Father Ted Crilly »

Sid Bishop wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:20 am
Is that the same Crystal Ball you and many other left wingers on this forum have been using over the past few years when so many things you have predicted have turned out completely wrong, including predictions of the Labour party sweeping to power in the last two elections. If true, then a new Crystal ball required !
Let's see in 5 years time.

Moving away from predictions though, I can say with complete certainty that you're an insufferable cock. And a bore.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

I forgot to put in original post. Candidate must be able to withstand being totally trashed by the media. Who will even put private detectives on the trail of their Great Aunt Mildred if they find the candidate to be squeaky clean. Like I say, all you posters who go for women, please remember most Trade Unionists 'ate women ( how many women have you seen down a coal mine?)
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Could Labour just put in a bid for Sturgeon?
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Father Ted Crilly wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:27 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:20 am

Let's see in 5 years time.

Moving away from predictions though, I can say with complete certainty that you're an insufferable cock. And a bore.
Nothing at all clever about having to resort to name calling and personal insults, proves nothing other than that you have lost the argument.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Thor wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:39 am Labour will appoint a women next time, just a matter of who. If I were a betting man I'd say Raynor would be the lady picked.
If you said Rayner you might save your money
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Boris has no charisma and less charm, , has got a plummy accent, makes people grimace with his clown like antics, has got all the lies and can’t relate to working class people.

Fixed that for you Sid
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Lucky7 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:15 pm

Boris has no charisma and less charm, , has got a plummy accent, makes people grimace with his clown like antics, has got all the lies and can’t relate to working class people.

Fixed that for you Sid
Oh great comment ! Well if that is all really true, then does not say much for Corbyns Labour party in losing so many seats to such bad opposition does it !! Makes me wonder what Conservatives would have done if they had chosen a far better leader.......Labour down to 50 seats ?
oxo
Fresh Alias

Post by oxo »

Boris has charisma and has charm, , has NOT got a plummy accent, makes people laugh with his clown like antics, has got all the blarney and can relate to working class people. Starmer has zero charisma, does NOT make people laugh, is sour-faced and is unable to relate to working class people as Boris can. No comparison at all between the two men and as you yourself wrote.......'' Starmer always looks twitchy/nervy to me'' something you cannot say of Boris !
All politics aside, in what universe does Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson not have a plummy accent? He's so posh he's barely comprehensible half the time.
oxo
Fresh Alias

Post by oxo »

Disoriented wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:21 am Why is it all these touted candidates look a bit weird?
Most people look a bit weird. It's even worse in front of the camera cos we're so used to seeing really photogenic people on tv, in newspapers and magazines, etc