Pitch Invasion Saturday

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

NOM
Fresh Alias

Re: Pitch Invasion Saturday

Post by NOM »

Max B Gold wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:47 pm It was disrespectful to the East Stand fans to have the presentation table oriented toward the West Stand. The club can't afford to turn it's back on its own supporters in such a callous fashion.
😂😂
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

Esteban wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:08 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:03 pm But theres nothing that could have been done to enable to East standers to see, a mob of selfish morons blocking everyones view however...

Better organisation would have lead to the East stand being able to view.

Your logic is thus:

having a restricted view of the presentation is heinous crime
some fans blocked the view
therefore, you have the right to insult them

However, when I point out that many of those blocking the view came from the East stand where the view was block by the nature of the presentation set up so they would have had their view blocked, you don't give a sh*t.

Thus proving your hypocrisy.

You don't care about people having their view blocked. You just like having a opportunity to feel superior and insult fellow fans.

If you really did care about the viewing of a presentation then you would wholeheartedly agree with me about the East Stand.

In fact, your attitude is the opposite. you explicitly state that you don't care about those in the East stand (with the specious and unproven argument that many are not season ticket holders).

So why is it ok for you to not give a hoot about a section of the crowd (East stand)? But those who blocked the view by invading the pitch demonstrate the same lack of care for others that you clearly do. So either:

A. both you and the invaders are, as you describe, "ars*holes", because you both disregard the view of others.
B. nobody is an ars*hole, things just happened the way they did because it was a chaotic situation.

So which one are you wiling to accept. A or B?
Thus? You having a Shakespearean mare son
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Obviously I haven't actually read most of this thread, but it really does seem like a return to (what seemed like) the long-lost glory days of the Buono-era board. Incredible - a renaissance to match what's been happening at the Club :-)
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

Esteban wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:58 pm ...Myself, Mrs Esteban and the three friends sitting next to us are all season ticket holders. So are about 60% of the block.

Ludicrous thing to say.
Agree. Always much the same people in blocks C and D. Check the gallery photos on the web site throughout the season. Well except when the stand collapsed...

There are fewer season ticket holders as almost half the stand is given over to away supporters ordinarily, but not a dissimilar density of STHs as West Stand in the two upper central blocks, C & D.
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

I’m in the East and Gloria Esteban is right for once there is a fair few season ticket holders
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Esteban wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:18 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:05 pm Separate issue, you're getting increasingly desperate.
I'm not getting desperate at all.

I've yet to see a substantial retort to my point about those in the East Stand beyond the tedious "invaders are ars*holes" argument.
See my 2:50pm post
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

NOM wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:39 pm I’m in the East and Gloria Esteban is right for once there is a fair few season ticket holders
Of course there are a few. But my point is correct, the majority of Orient fans in the packed out East Stand on Saturday we’re not season ticket holders.

Of course it makes sense to do the presentation facing the West Stand, it’s the biggest Stand, the most densely populated and the highest priced season tickets. Suggesting it should have been done elsewhere is a bit weird.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:56 pm
NOM wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:39 pm I’m in the East and Gloria Esteban is right for once there is a fair few season ticket holders
Of course there are a few. But my point is correct, the majority of Orient fans in the packed out East Stand on Saturday we’re not season ticket holders.

Of course it makes sense to do the presentation facing the West Stand, it’s the biggest Stand, the most densely populated and the highest priced season tickets. Suggesting it should have been done elsewhere is a bit weird.
What evidence do you have for this claim?

Using your method of making sweeping statements with no backup I can assert that everybody in the additional invasion were from the East Stand who couldn't see because of the way it was set up.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Which one of my made up claims mate?

Your statement is obviously bollox, tho.
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

It’s also where all the main media outlets are

I honestly don’t know what the % rate of season ticket holders is in the East but I remember some games where the away side where given the whole of the east and the club found seats in the rest of the ground for the S/T holders so maybe you have a valid point
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

NOM wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:04 pm

I honestly don’t know what the % rate of season ticket holders is in the East but I remember some games where the away side where given the whole of the east and the club found seats in the rest of the ground for the S/T holders so maybe you have a valid point
When did that happen? Not this season, so invalid point really.
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

Esteban wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:11 pm

When did this happen ?
Quite a few times in my life time maybe you should look it up
3 times in 2013/14 if my memory serves me correctly
I’ve noticed Gloria everything you say is apparently valid everything everyone else says is invalid is that not reverse trolling?
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

NOM wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:17 pm

When did this happen ?
I’ve noticed Gloria everything you say is apparently valid everything everyone else says is invalid is that not reverse trolling?
Yes, but as it didn't happen this season it's totally irrelevant to the current conversation about the number of season ticket holders in the East Stand on Saturday.

Explain how the number of season tickets in the East Stand 5 years ago is relevant to the number of ST holders in there on Saturday? It isn't, and you know it.
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

Esteban wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:42 pm

When did this happen ?
Yes, but as it didn't happen this season it's totally irrelevant to the current conversation about the number of season ticket holders in the East Stand on Saturday.

Explain how the number of season tickets in the East Stand 5 years ago is relevant to the number of ST holders in there on Saturday? It isn't, and you know it.
So what did happen this season was part of the East was closed for building work S/T holders where still seated elsewhere in the East

Was that your first game on Saturday?
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

NOM wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:45 pm

When did this happen ?

So what did happen this season was part of the East was closed for building work S/T holders where still seated elsewhere in the East

Doesn't that just prove that other stands had plenty of non-season ticket spaces in order to accommodate the relocated East Stand ST holders during the building work?

If all other stands were crammed with ST holders then they wouldn't be able to accommodate.

The "glory hunter" line you're trying to WUM me with really is odd. As mentioned, glory hunting in the football conference is an oxymoron.

Nice to see that you recognized the calling me "stephen" tactic really wasn't working at all.

Also nice to see that popular opinion recognizes that you're a troll. A really, really blatant one.
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

Esteban wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:56 pm

Doesn't that just prove that other stands had plenty of non-season ticket spaces in order to accommodate the relocated East Stand ST holders during the building work?

If all other stands were crammed with ST holders then they wouldn't be able to accommodate.

The "glory hunter" line you're trying to WUM me with really is odd. As mentioned, glory hunting in the football conference is an oxymoron.

Nice to see that you recognized the calling me "stephen" tactic really wasn't working at all.

Also nice to see that popular opinion recognizes that you're a troll. A really, really blatant one.
Erm can you read

I stated that those S/T holders affected by the building work in the East where relocated in seats still in the East

Will you be on the pitch at Wembley should we be victorious?
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

NOM wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:05 pm
Esteban wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:56 pm

Erm can you read

I stated that those S/T holders affected by the building work in the East where relocated in seats still in the East

Will you be on the pitch at Wembley should we be victorious?
No, because that would require me jumping from the second tier, which wouldn’t be particularly safe.

Plus I wouldn’t want to face the wrath of the message board bores again.

Also, winning the FA trophy isn’t a pitch invasionable moment in my books.
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

fair comment but any chance you could stick your big head in the way of the presentation camera I’ve got used to people blocking my view
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

I think the East stand holds more than the West , feel free to correct me if i'm wrong .
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

It does if you count the away section
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

NOM wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:05 pm I stated that those S/T holders affected by the building work in the East were relocated in seats still in the East
Most were. I was given the option to go to the north or west if I wasn't happy with the replacement seats. Possible a few relocated to other stands.
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

My point is that they where plenty enough seats to go around in the east even for displaced S/T holders
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

I don't even know what you're arguing about anymore in your quest to defend the indefensible.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:40 pm I don't even know what you're arguing about anymore in your quest to defend the indefensible.
This has gone so far beyond the original scope of the original argument that part of me is tempted to just sack it all in and admit defeat through sheer exhaustion. Why am I expending so much effort defending people who aren’t even me?

However, another part of me doesn’t want to see what is now the most prolific thread on the message board did in vain. I’m in too deep.

I think that if can reach a compromise, then the job is done.

So here it goes:

I will accept that those who blocked the presentation were acting like ars*eholes at that particular moment. However, it is unfair to say that they are ars*holes full stop. Their actions were more than likely the result of getting carried away in the excitement. I do not believe that there was any malice in their actions.

And whilst not excusing their actions, there are other bodies who should take some responsibility for how badly the presentation went. Specifically, the presentation organisers and whoever was in charge of security.
Article_50
Fresh Alias

Post by Article_50 »

Why wasn't the National League Trophy presented to the team in the Gallery ?