Pitch Invasion Saturday

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Pitch Invasion Saturday

Post by BIGRON »

I was gonna watch the lap of honour but gave up and left after the guys got the trophy 😒😒
Pandy
Fresh Alias

Post by Pandy »

Don't worry, it will be another 40 years for that to happen.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

BIGRON wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:55 am I was gonna watch the lap of honour but gave up and left after the guys got the trophy 😒😒
That’s awful. 😢

They did get round eventually but it was all fragmented because £uckwits were still on the pitch. Just have to give the boys a proper send off at Wembley, presumably those arseholes can’t ruin that one.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Here’s my take on it:

Yes, I went on the pitch when the final whistle was blown. I celebrated with players, and also took the time to shake the hands of the majority of Braintree players and staff who were very gracious. We wished each other well for the next season.

I then made my way back to my seat when the presentation was due to start.

The fact that people on here are moaning that the TV coverage was ruined are an utter joke. Who gives a flying about what BT sport could or couldn’t capture.

Abusing fans for going on the pitch and celebrating a historic event is laughable. I’ve seen plenty of keyboard warriors on here calling those who went on the pitch as “selfish pr*cks” and whatnot.

Let people enjoy themselves. Winning a league title doesn’t happen that often and nobody is a “selfish pr*ck” for getting involved in the celebrations. No matter what the miserable t*ssers on this message board think.

Bring on League 2!
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

I’ve not seen anyone moan about people going on the pitch.

Only about the selfish pricks who ignored repeated requests to get off so the presentation and lap of honour could go ahead.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Esteban wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:50 am Here’s my take on it:

Yes, I went on the pitch when the final whistle was blown. I celebrated with players, and also took the time to shake the hands of the majority of Braintree players and staff who were very gracious. We wished each other well for the next season.

The fact that people on here are moaning that the TV coverage was ruined are an utter joke. Who gives a flying about what BT sport could or couldn’t capture.

Abusing fans for going on the pitch and celebrating a historic event is laughable. I’ve seen plenty of keyboard warriors on here calling those who went on the pitch as “selfish pr*cks” and whatnot.

Let people enjoy themselves. Winning a league title doesn’t happen that often and nobody is a “selfish pr*ck” for getting involved in the celebrations. No matter what the miserable t*ssers on this message board think.

Bring on League 2!
You really don’t get it do you. All of us can understand the emotional pitch invasion at the end. Why not. Celebrating a massive day. No problems at all and in fact added to the day.

But when people were repeatedly asked to get off the pitch they should have. Allowing the players to get their medals, enjoy collecting the trophy and doing the lap of honour is not too much to expect. The issue is not people going onto the pitch. The issue is those idiots, fools, selfish aholes who stayed on too fecking long and spoiling the joy of other.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

dOh Nut wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:00 am

Bring on League 2!
You really don’t get it do you. All of us can understand the emotional pitch invasion at the end. Why not. Celebrating a massive day. No problems at all and in fact added to the day.

But when people were repeatedly asked to get off the pitch they should have. Allowing the players to get their medals, enjoy collecting the trophy and doing the lap of honour is not too much to expect. The issue is not people going onto the pitch. The issue is those idiots, fools, selfish aholes who stayed on too fecking long and spoiling the joy of other.
Ok, I get your point.

I actually think that we’re on the same wavelength. I left the pitch before the presentation and didn’t see the point of going back on.

Agree that some people stayed longer than they should have.
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

Esteban wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:50 am

I agree with this. Being there and seeing the supporters surrounding the team showed the passion of the support and made it a proper celebration. We went on the pitch at the end and had a bit of a stroll around but were in the East Stand away section at the point the trophy lifted and as soon as it was headed down the pub.

I have been at Chelsea and Arsenal when each of them won the league and it just seemed like a private party for the players and their families (and the TV cameras), but yesterday it felt like the whole club from owners to management to players to fans were all involved. I have some great memories of yesterday with my dad and nephew and the lack of a lap of honour made no difference.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

There was a lap of honour. The idiots didn’t totally ruin it, just delayed it.
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:01 pm There was a lap of honour. The idiots didn’t totally ruin it, just delayed it.
I had long gone by the time that happened, so a lack as far as I am concerned. Didn't think it would happen.
Winchesterfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchesterfan »

Bring on League 2!
You, sir, are one of the unfortunate 'fans' who think you have a God given right to ruin the celebrations for the vast majority of the 8,000 fans who wanted to watch and thank the team in the time honored way of a lap of honour.

I wanted to show my appreciation not only to the players and management but also to the back room staff and in particular that amazing couple the Martin's. If you think the action of those minority idiots was perfectly acceptable because they were able to deny everyone else the chance to celebrate properly then, quite honestly, it is you who are the absolute 'miserable t*osser' and I'm not quite sure how these idiots were 'abused for going on the pitch'. They should have gone first time they were requested to leave. I trust that when you decide to break the law again you wont see that as a laughable historic event.
Shame on you.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Winchesterfan wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:51 pm

Bring on League 2!
You, sir, are one of the unfortunate 'fans' who think you have a God given right to ruin the celebrations for the vast majority of the 8,000 fans who wanted to watch and thank the team in the time honored way of a lap of honour.

I wanted to show my appreciation not only to the players and management but also to the back room staff and in particular that amazing couple the Martin's. If you think the action of those minority idiots was perfectly acceptable because they were able to deny everyone else the chance to celebrate properly then, quite honestly, it is you who are the absolute 'miserable t*osser' and I'm not quite sure how these idiots were 'abused for going on the pitch'. They should have gone first time they were requested to leave. I trust that when you decide to break the law again you wont see that as a laughable historic event.
Shame on you.
Breaking the law is no laughing matter.
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

A few hundred should have listened and gone back to the stands when asked. I have no idea if they could hear though, as the speakers are in the stands and they were making a fair racket in the middle of the pitch.

Other then that, I don't see the issue.
  • Pitch invasion was brilliant and in great spirit
  • Lap of honour still happened and all players and staff plus owners and all families clearly enjoyed it
  • Trophy presentation was shown on BT sport despite the lies being told on here
  • I've never seen players and owners and fans have such a strong bond as was visible on the pitch before, during and after the lap of honour
  • JE was brilliant throughout
  • Viewing the photos and videos today proves shows that everything that needed to be done to capture the moments was recorded for memory, including staged photos in an empty ground
  • The whole thing just seemed far more inclusive and real then scenes I have watched on TV for others clubs winning the league
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Even the booing and Off Off Off chants from the 5-6000 who did vacate the pitch.
A Pedant
Fresh Alias

Post by A Pedant »

Great scenes. I suspect if they'd given the mic to Kent or Nigel to ask people to move back, the pitch would have cleared a lot quicker.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Winchesterfan wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:51 pm

Bring on League 2!

Shame on you.
Ridiculous overreaction.

Firstly, if you watch the footage, it wasn’t a “minority”. At one point there must have been well over half of the 8000 crowd on the turf.

Secondly, what exactly is “celebrating properly” and how was that ruined? Again, I refer you to the plethora of footage from yesterday. The players were loving it, celebrating so closely with their fans.

As for “breaking the law”, joining in a pitch invasion is not crime of the century. There’s a big difference between entering the field of play during a football match, and taking part in a pitch invasion after a team has just won the league. You insinuation that I’m a regular law breaker is ridiculous, insulting and pathetic.

And finally, how dare you claim that I should be ashamed. If the players/staff had appeared distressed by the invasion then I would have refrained. As it happens, they were loving it. And the trophy presentation/lap of honour still went ahead so I have no idea why the moaners and bores on here are having a hissy fit.

Yesterday was a fanastic day, and I’m not going to let some miserable old duffers on a message board try to shame me for enjoying the event.

Shame on you.
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

Bring on League 2!
Did you think about the more unfortunate ones who may of not got on the pitch for one reason or another and couldn’t see any of the proceedings cos of ignorant tossers like you stop trying to justify the actions of people going on the pitch it sucks
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

NOM wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:20 pm

Bring on League 2!
Did you think about the more unfortunate ones who may of not got on the pitch for one reason or another and couldn’t see any of the proceedings cos of ignorant tossers like you stop trying to justify the actions of people going on the pitch it sucks
Give it a rest you utter bore. You’re calling at least half of the fans there yesterday “ignorant t*ssers”. The fact that it winds a miserable old bore like you up so much actually makes me even more glad I went on.

Must suck being such an angry old kill joy.

W*nker.
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

So you obviously don’t give a monkeys arse about people with disabilities the more ageing O’s fan etc etc it was all about you having your Andy Warhol moment you poor sad sack of sh*t
Last edited by NOM on Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Post by one o in huntingdon »

It was a lot nicer and spontaneous than the fireworks and glittery mess that we see so often at a trophy presentation.
I did leave the pitch and return to the stand, but can't say I was too bothered about not seeing the trophy lifted.
Whole day was brilliant and nothing spoilt it for me, still happy as Larry now and looking forward to Wembley

I was there as a kid in 1970, seem to recall the trophy was presented up in the East stand.
Was on the pitch that day too and after the Wrexham game, again players up in the East stand
There was a lap of honour yesterday and the North Stand was still well populated.
One of the worse renditions I have ever heard of "we are the champions"

Should have stayed a big longer, I had an eighty mile journey home, but it was too good to leave.
Last edited by one o in huntingdon on Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Esteban - the gripe isn’t with the 4,000 or whatever that went on the pitch at the final whistle. That’s totally understandable.

The problem is with the selfish pricks who refused to leave despite repeated requests and stayed on for the presentation, blocking the view of lots of other fans.

If you left the pitch as soon as the announcement was made, I have no issue with you.
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:35 pm Esteban - the gripe isn’t with the 4,000 or whatever that went on the pitch at the final whistle. That’s totally understandable.

The problem is with the selfish pricks who refused to leave despite repeated requests and stayed on for the presentation, blocking the view of lots of other fans.

If you left the pitch as soon as the announcement was made, I have no issue with you.
Yungai gets it Esteban is it too difficult for you to comprehend should I get my crayons and draw you a picture
Winchesterfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchesterfan »

Great idea for next season if we can celebrate being Champions again. Once initial invasion has taken place ask people to get off the pitch and allow a couple of minutes for this. Then make second and final announcement wait a minute and if people still on the pitch turn the sprinklers on.
Happy Days
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

It was one of timing. No doubt in my mind the pitch invasion added to the day. Some of the footage is amazing and emotional showing just how far we have come as a club in a short time. You couldn’t write a script that matches the joy and passion being shared by players, fans and management. Wonderful stuff.

But, when asked to leave the pitch, fans should have. Especially when the request was made repeatedly to chants of off off off from others. Those that got off the pitch showed respect for the club and others. Those that chose their personal selfishness and stayed are just pricks.
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Post by one o in huntingdon »

For goodness sake if you didn't enjoy yesterday give up going.
Brilliant day and you know what all the whinging in the world won't change anything.
Can't always have it exactly the way you want it, just be happy we won the league, surely that's enough after recent years.