Sotiriou moves on loan

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Sotiriou moves on loan

Post by Sid Bishop »

Thor wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:56 am Dis there is a world of difference between the two.

Alabi had played league football, had done well in the NL I believe with Chester? He was big, strong and powerful and fitted the MO of what they wanted. Unfortunately it's not working out however, hard he may try.

Sotiriou is a kid learning his craft and it could be argued that by giving him increasing step up in levels will benefit him in the longer term. So far that's what's happened to him. Maybe our handling of his development may give him a better chance of actually having a career at this club and in the game.
Some young Leyton Orient young players have been exceptional from a young age and have got in the first team on merit and those same players have gone onto good careers at a higher level. I cast my memory back to players like Tommy Taylor, Dennis Rofe, Paul Went, Laurie Cunningham, little John Cheidozie ( a particular favourite of mine ! ) Ruel Sotiriou seems like a good prospect but IMO, not at the same level ( yet ) as the players I just mentioned. Better for him to go out on loan to good clubs, gain experience of playing in the National league and hopefully at one stage be good enough in time to get a crack at first team football with us. From my experience of football, you get better by playing regularly and going up in levels, gaining confidence and experience, like life itself in fact !
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Sotiriou moves on loan

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Thor wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:56 am Dis there is a world of difference between the two.

Alabi had played league football, had done well in the NL I believe with Chester? He was big, strong and powerful and fitted the MO of what they wanted. Unfortunately it's not working out however, hard he may try.

Sotiriou is a kid learning his craft and it could be argued that by giving him increasing step up in levels will benefit him in the longer term. So far that's what's happened to him. Maybe our handling of his development may give him a better chance of actually having a career at this club and in the game.
Strong and powerful :lol: