Labour Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Re: Labour Watch

Post by Disoriented »

RedO wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:30 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:07 pm
Red_Army wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:07 pm

Plenty of people challenge it, daily.

As I said in an earlier post, the two positions are not mutually exclusive. Personally I prefer to support self-determination for all oppressed people, not just certain ones here and there.
I guess the Jewish people have experienced oppression more than most. Can understand their feelings.
Tell that to the Palestinians.
Fair point. Their suffering easily equates to the Holocaust and centuries of European pogroms against anyone of the Jewish faith.

At least be funny when you make an obvious WUM statement.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

1 It’s not a competition.

2 I was referring to Palestinians in Palestine today compared to us Jews around the world today, not our ancestors.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

RedO wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:05 pm 1 It’s not a competition.

2 I was referring to Palestinians in Palestine today compared to us Jews around the world today, not our ancestors.
Nicely sidestepped. How far back do want to go when looking at oppression in order to support your point.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Let’s go back a good few centuries then we can bring in the people’s of Africa and India in this really weird contest of who has been the most oppressed.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Go back earlier still and the tribes of northern Europe didn't fare too well when the Romans turned up.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Can we bring the dinosaurs into this? Literally wiped out as a race.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Two Jewish groups refuse to back Labour, interesting.

The Jewish Labour Movement will not campaign for Labour during the general election because of Jeremy Corbyn's handling of the party's anti-Semitism crisis.

It is the first time in the organisation's 100-year affiliation with the Labour Party that it will not actively campaign for a Labour government.

The group said it will 'not be campaigning unless in exceptional circumstances and for exceptional candidates... who’ve been unwavering in their support of us'.

The JLM said in a statement that since Mr Corbyn became leader of the party in 2015 'a culture of antisemitism has been allowed to emerge and fester... at all levels' and as a result it will not support his bid for power.

Meanwhile, the Labour Against Anti-Semitism campaign group said it would be telling voters that 'Jeremy Corbyn is unfit to be prime minister' and it would be advocating an 'ABC' approach: 'Anyone but Corbyn'.

The Labour Party has been repeatedly rocked by allegations of anti-Semitism since Mr Corbyn became leader and he has faced fierce criticism for his handling of the crisis.

The Equality and Human Rights Commission opened a formal investigation earlier this year into anti-Semitism in the Labour. The watchdog is yet to report and has not set a date for publishing its findings.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

As always, it is interesting you continue to ignore the rampant anti-Islamic in the Conservative Party which emanates from the racist comments of their ‘leader’.

One can only conclude that being anti-Islamic is not important in your mind. If it is, how about posting comments condemning it?
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Disoriented wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:48 pm As always, it is interesting you continue to ignore the rampant anti-Islamic stance of the Conservative Party which emanates from the racist comments of their ‘leader’.

One can only conclude that being anti-Islamic is not important in your mind. If it is, how about posting comments condemning it?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

It is amusing seeing a load of right wing c***s pretending to give a sh*t about racism, I guess.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

RedO wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:13 pm It is amusing seeing a load of right wing c***s pretending to give a sh*t about racism, I guess.
That's a bit unfair. I'm pretty sure Disoriented is being sincere.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

I thought you had indeed Foed dis?

As for the claims of Islamophobia I have previously condemned it on this very board and any and all forms of racism.

If there was a report that had been published today about that in the tory party I'd have posted it, but there isn't it. The issue of the moment and probably year really is the media attacks of the anti semitic nature of the labour party and its leader who refuses to stamp it out. There might be a press switch Hunt going on as I've seen and posted what has been published previously, but it's a problem that refuses to go away and when two groups affected by this issue refuse to support or endorse the labour party it is indeed newsworthy worth debating about.

That is all.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Thor wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:04 pm I thought you had indeed Foed dis?

As for the claims of Islamophobia I have previously condemned it on this very board and any and all forms of racism.

If there was a report that had been published today about that in the tory party I'd have posted it, but there isn't it. The issue of the moment and probably year really is the media attacks of the anti semitic nature of the labour party and its leader who refuses to stamp it out. There might be a press switch Hunt going on as I've seen and posted what has been published previously, but it's a problem that refuses to go away and when two groups affected by this issue refuse to support or endorse the labour party it is indeed newsworthy worth debating about.

That is all.
Media attacks is exactly right.

These two groups do refuse to support the party. But there are others affected by this issue who aren't affected because it's not an issue and DO support the party. Strange that you don't hear so much from them in the media, innit.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:15 pm
RedO wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:13 pm It is amusing seeing a load of right wing c***s pretending to give a sh*t about racism, I guess.
That's a bit unfair. I'm pretty sure Disoriented is being sincere.
I am not right-wing. ;)
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Thor wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:04 pm I thought you had indeed Foed dis?

That is all.
:lol:
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

So today it has been reported that the bbc has slapped down every point Labour had complained about the panorama whistleblowing episode along with vindicating the presenter john ware. It has been said that both he and the production team are considering taking legal action against labour for trying to smear their reputations and questioning their integrity.

Secondly Nicola Sturgeon has said that Corbyn is completely and utterly useless. The words kettle pot and black spring to mind. However, she is right on that point.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Still sounds like you’re unsure who to vote for.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Im just reporting what’s been said.

Like I said yesterday I thought steptoe did well in his media appearance / rally, said the right things and came across in a very controlled manner. I want to see what his manifesto says.

I want Brexit that is not a secret however, I don’t think the Boris deal is a good one, so a vote for him is an endorsement of the deal. The tories will manage the economy the best of all the parties however, I need to see the manifesto.

Lib Dem’s spout a lot of hot hair, the leader does not inspire me with confidence, they don’t want Brexit and staying as we are might be the right course if the Boris deal can’t get us what we want, I don’t want the uk to be sub servant to the eu. I need to see the manifesto.

So redo all three parties have pluses and minuses and it’s by reading and taking in their manifestoss I will be able to decide what party is best for me and for our country. The problem is we don’t have the readical new party taking politics in a direction that supports the people, a best of all three parties would probably do it, but alas that won’t happen.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Thor wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:46 am Im just reporting what’s been said.

Like I said yesterday I thought steptoe did well in his media appearance / rally, said the right things and came across in a very controlled manner. I want to see what his manifesto says.

I want Brexit that is not a secret however, I don’t think the Boris deal is a good one, so a vote for him is an endorsement of the deal. The tories will manage the economy the best of all the parties however, I need to see the manifesto.

Lib Dem’s spout a lot of hot hair, the leader does not inspire me with confidence, they don’t want Brexit and staying as we are might be the right course if the Boris deal can’t get us what we want, I don’t want the uk to be sub servant to the eu. I need to see the manifesto.

So redo all three parties have pluses and minuses and it’s by reading and taking in their manifestoss I will be able to decide what party is best for me and for our country. The problem is we don’t have the readical new party taking politics in a direction that supports the people, a best of all three parties would probably do it, but alas that won’t happen.
Time for a fresh start with the Lib Dems.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

This is a Gilso alias, isn’t it?
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

RedO wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:53 pm

Yes. Ban him please Admin.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

RedO wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:53 pm

Of course it is. What took you so long?
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Where is Taking the Mic when you need him?
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

All wrong, but like true marxists that you are never let the truth get in the way of a lie.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Thor wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:24 pm All wrong, but like true marxists that you are never let the truth get in the way of a lie.
Come on, fess up.

It’s a great character. I just want to be able to give the artist the credit they deserve. 👍