WillJustin Stay.

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Pandy
Fresh Alias

WillJustin Stay.

Post by Pandy »

I hope he does, but I wouldn't be surprised if a bigger club come in for him. Money talks and if he could secure his familys future you would do it.
Lovejoy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: WillJustin Stay.

Post by Lovejoy »

He is under contract and his family have never seen him happier. I do not think he will move.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Yes.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

If that happens, Nigel and Kent have already said they will do everything they can to keep JE at Orient. The one big advantage we have is Justin is very happy at Orient and I think that counts for a lot. Saying that, obviously money talks so we'll see. I'm praying he stays with us for the foreseeable future.
Mick McQuaid
Fresh Alias

Post by Mick McQuaid »

I would think at this stage of his career he'd be more interested in building his reputation than taking a quick payday. If he gets us into League one in the next couple of seasons I could see him going onto a championship club but at the moment I don't think there would be much on offer that would turn his head.
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

Yes.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Mick McQuaid wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:14 am I would think at this stage of his career he'd be more interested in building his reputation than taking a quick payday. If he gets us into League one in the next couple of seasons I could see him going onto a championship club but at the moment I don't think there would be much on offer that would turn his head.
Football management is a rat race, JE is happy here, so I would guess he will be here for next season at least.
FargO
Fresh Alias

Post by FargO »

If we don't win at Wembley he will be sacked anyway
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

At best, and disrespect to JE, he’ll get an offer from a low end Championship team.

Then what? Get them relegated or barely stay up. Then get the boot.

There’s much more kudos in staying at Orient and pushing for a double promotion. Then the big clubs will come sniffing. Good luck to him.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Calm down.

He’s still got lots to prove in the football league and Orient is the perfect place to do it.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

I have little doubt his contract has a get out clause, same as Slade, so any club wanting him just needs to pay the price. No big deal really other than we get some dosh.

I would be amazed if Championship level clubs in need of a new manager don’t look in his direction. Proven track record and handles himself well. He has earned his shot at the big time and should he go he will leave with my respect and gratitude. The guy did an amazing job.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

dOh Nut wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:53 am I have little doubt his contract has a get out clause, same as Slade, so any club wanting him just needs to pay the price. No big deal really other than we get some dosh.

I would be amazed if Championship level clubs in need of a new manager don’t look in his direction. Proven track record and handles himself well. He has earned his shot at the big time and should he go he will leave with my respect and gratitude. The guy did an amazing job.
Two clubs previous to joining us, E.g Gillingham and Northampton, he was dismissed, so JE has something to prove, he is happy here, team improving etc, good owners who he gets on well with, so all in all, will be surprised if he does go off in a hurry.
Byways1
Fresh Alias

Post by Byways1 »

Mick McQuaid wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:14 am I would think at this stage of his career he'd be more interested in building his reputation than taking a quick payday. If he gets us into League one in the next couple of seasons I could see him going onto a championship club but at the moment I don't think there would be much on offer that would turn his head.
I can see him staying as the club still has room for improvement.
If the owners are prepared to continue investing in the team and bring in about 4 upgrades in the close season, I can see us as a play off team at least.
A clue to the clubs ambition will be if we keep our best players and bring in good quality upgrades.
Orients place in the league pyramid is L1 and that is where we should be aiming for.
Championship in my opinion will be a step to far as with a ground that holds about 9000 we will not be able to compete as has been the case with Rotherham,Colchester,Burton Scunthorpe and Southend.
Don’t mention Bournemouth as they have had a shed load of cash thrown at them and their owners are worth millions.
Byways1
Fresh Alias

Post by Byways1 »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:47 am Calm down.

He’s still got lots to prove in the football league and Orient is the perfect place to do it.
Yep get another promotion under he’s belt and people will start looking.
Can’t see him going anywhere at the moment although it wouldn’t surprise me if Colchester or his first club Southend started sniffing about, but that would be a sideways move.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Its our single biggest challenge this close season imo. There will surely be interest. I truly believe Justin believes in what we are doing here and that we are a vehicle for his success as a manager but if the right offer is there, it will be hard to keep him.
PotatOhead
Fresh Alias

Post by PotatOhead »

Course he'll stay he's the next Eddie Howe!
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

It’s as if everyone has forgotten he was sacked by Northampton and gillingham.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

If he gets a ridiculous offer from the Championship as a couple have suggested of course he'll be off. But that won't happen, for the reasons cosyg states.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Tim Flowers would attract interest first after what he’s achieved with nowhere near Justin’s budget. Calm down ffs.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:57 am It’s as if everyone has forgotten he was sacked by Northampton and gillingham.
Indeed. Had we blown promotion with just a couple of results going differently, you could imagine the *very same people* wondering if he was a bottlejob that could never get Orient anywhere and should be sacked
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:58 am If he gets a ridiculous offer from the Championship as a couple have suggested of course he'll be off. But that won't happen, for the reasons cosyg states.
Yes you only have to look at RS to see how that went :?
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

OyinbO wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:03 pm
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:57 am It’s as if everyone has forgotten he was sacked by Northampton and gillingham.
Indeed. Had we blown promotion with just a couple of results going differently, you could imagine the *very same people* wondering if he was a bottlejob that could never get Orient anywhere and should be sacked
There is a fine line between success and failure.
Byways1
Fresh Alias

Post by Byways1 »

You mean the same Russell Slade that took over a basket case called Cardiff from the sainted Ole and took them to a whisker of the playoffs the following season?
Lovejoy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Lovejoy »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:21 am
dOh Nut wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:53 am I have little doubt his contract has a get out clause, same as Slade, so any club wanting him just needs to pay the price. No big deal really other than we get some dosh.

Two clubs previous to joining us, E.g Gillingham and Northampton, he was dismissed, so JE has something to prove, he is happy here, team improving etc, good owners who he gets on well with, so all in all, will be surprised if he does go off in a hurry.
JE saved Northampton from relegation but lost the first four games of the next season and was sacked. He will know how precarious a football manager's job can be. He will attract interest one day the same as some of our players, my gut feeling is he will stay.
Osmad
Fresh Alias

Post by Osmad »

Some weeks ago rumour was that Southend were interested. Hopefully they will drop into league one anyway.