Phil Parkinson

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Re: Phil Parkinson

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

O my gawd wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:21 am
dOh Nut wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:50 am I expect he could still be the boss in 18 months, short of an absolute disaster.
You would love that wouldn't you ?
It would give you 18 months of tedious moaning.
Learn to read my friend. I’ve been overly supportive of Ross, OTT at times, ask Sid. My position is consistent. I don’t believe his appointment was right, the soft option, but he is our head coach and as such I would love him to succeed.

I believe the club will accept moderate results and stick with him unless either he chooses to jump or we drop dangerously low on the table. I doubt there is any “set” number of games or a timeframe for a decision.

And why are moderate results acceptable. I reckon the owners are happy with a few seasons consolidation in L2 before promotion ambitions ramp up. Gradual team building, losing the likes of Alabi and other weak links, being replaced by better players. Evolution not revolution.
Byways1
Fresh Alias

Post by Byways1 »

HARVEY T DENTON wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:40 pm
Byways1 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:22 pm
Lucky7 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:10 pm Whipping boys 😂😂😂
Go watch MK Dons byways or isn’t there a working men’s club there
There is,its Bletchley WMC and it’s open 7 days a week 11 To 11.
Darts. Two full size snooker tables pool and cheap beer.
Tempting.
And they let( well behaved) away fans in.
Not likely to involve us for a while.
Byways1
Fresh Alias

Post by Byways1 »

dOh Nut wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:11 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:50 am I expect he could still be the boss in 18 months, short of an absolute disaster.
Learn to read my friend. I’ve been overly supportive of Ross, OTT at times, ask Sid. My position is consistent. I don’t believe his appointment was right, the soft option, but he is our head coach and as such I would love him to succeed.

I believe the club will accept moderate results and stick with him unless either he chooses to jump or we drop dangerously low on the table. I doubt there is any “set” number of games or a timeframe for a decision.

And why are moderate results acceptable. I reckon the owners are happy with a few seasons consolidation in L2 before promotion ambitions ramp up. Gradual team building, losing the likes of Alabi and other weak links, being replaced by better players. Evolution not revolution.
I don’t think that Kent will accept many more performances like yesterday’s.
We have a top ten budget so we should be able to compete.
The manager is not getting the best out of them.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Byways1 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:21 pm

There is no doubt Ross is not getting the best out of the team. But when you look at the table we have played some decent teams, bar Stevenage who came for a point. Ross is a rookie, the directors knew that. They are not stupid and I doubt they expected miracles from day 1. He will get time unless we hit bottom 3/4.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

O my gawd wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:56 am
tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:31 am
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:09 am

I was just wondering, who do you think would be a better choice if we were to bring in somebody now .
I'll happily let Ross get some experience & work his way through the season & keep us safely in mid table this season as my 1st option though.

Then we can asses where we will be next may/june
Exactly this ⬆️
You think great managers of the past didn't make mistakes?
Brian Clough, Alf Ramsey, Bobby Robson, Arsene Wenger & Alex Ferguson were all young managers once. The difference was they were allowed to do their job & make mistakes without having every decision analysed on social media by people who change opinions as often as they change their underwear.
The same people who are saying JMD should start every week are the same people who last week were saying Brophy should start every week.
That's just 2 examples of 2 very talented but inconsistent players. They're League 2 players, we're a League 2 team. Swindon have gone through 3 seasons in League 2 & several managers to get where they are today. We've been back just over a month.
I fully understand the point you're making but had all those managers managed a club that has been through what we've just been through over these past five or six years . Our memories are still fresh and so some of us are desperate that we're not relegated again . We've been through too much . I understand the point about Ross needing more time but some of us will feel more confident if we were currently being managed by somebody with more experience. That's no disrespect to Ross but at this moment in time he would be better off stepping back as a trainer .
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Walthamsto wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:22 am Totally agree, and I expect the Chairman will too. I predict a season long moanfest though.
There was a season ling moanfest last year & we ended up as Champions.

I cant remember there never being a moanfest at Orient
& ive been going since 1970.
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

The attendances are bound to plummet if we don't start performing well at home in league matches, that will effect income.
We often fail or perform poorly when we get large attendances, then the attendances fall sometimes quite dramatically after .
Nobody wants to watch a boring negative style of play, the sooner we play attractive attacking football the better.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:27 pm
Walthamsto wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:22 am Totally agree, and I expect the Chairman will too. I predict a season long moanfest though.
There was a season ling moanfest last year & we ended up as Champions.

I cant remember there never being a moanfest at Orient
& ive been going since 1970.
No different to other clubs. We ain’t unique.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

PoundhillO wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:15 pm

The attendances are bound to plummet if we don't start performing well at home in league matches, that will effect income.
We often fail or perform poorly when we get large attendances, then the attendances fall sometimes quite dramatically after .
Nobody wants to watch a boring negative style of play, the sooner we play attractive attacking football the better.
Absolutely. I planned to go to Exeter, now I’m not sure I want to see us get the likely damn good thrashing. But being stupid I’ll probably go. Still have nightmares over the 4-1
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

For someone who didn’t attend yesterday You do talk tosh byways
Yeah let’s splash out more cash on a manager that might turn out to be a dud
They will be more defeats like yesterday just how it is
7 games in and people think we should be bossing this league
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Lucky7 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:47 pm

https://touch.facebook.com/groups/19924 ... composer=0

Dont know where you get a top 10 budget from

If anyone can download these photos then upload to the board please
of market value on squads in league 2 it
will show where we stand.

Byways spouting bill hooks as usual.
Byways1
Fresh Alias

Post by Byways1 »

So you’ve got to go and waste £22 to have an opinion?
This bloke has made the same mistakes that he made against Mansfield but this time didn’t get away with it.
I was not particularly in favour of him getting the job, my preferred choice would have been Danny Webb, but I thought let’s give him a run and see where we are at the end of October.
It appears to be a total shambles which I cant see getting any better, he seems to be way out of his depth.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Why are you continuing with this drivel?
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

The fact that RE and DW and JM were labelled ‘interim’ tells you that Orient weren’t sure how it was going to pan out. I’m sure there is a plan B and many more performances like yesterday will mean the end of RE’s tenure and a new man in charge.
It’s not so much the points on board but the manner of our defeats. There does not seem to be any progress and RE seems to be a slow learner.
Mind you, he wasn’t helped by Ling resigning crocked players, that was plain daft.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

PKM wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:39 pm The fact that RE and DW and JM were labelled ‘interim’ tells you that Orient weren’t sure how it was going to pan out. I’m sure there is a plan B and many more performances like yesterday will mean the end of RE’s tenure and a new man in charge.
It’s not so much the points on board but the manner of our defeats. There does not seem to be any progress and RE seems to be a slow learner.
Mind you, he wasn’t helped by Ling resigning crocked players, that was plain daft.
Would love to hear from someone in the club why they re-signed Dayton. Perhaps the Orient Hour can ask some ‘probing’ questions about this point.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Errr, hasn’t this topic got slightly off topic?
The Big Shot
Fresh Alias

Post by The Big Shot »

No Chance of Phil Parkinson coming here, he'll get a League One or Championsip club.

Not many decent experienced coaches out of work.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Byways1 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:45 pm

This bloke has made the same mistakes that he made against Mansfield but this time didn’t get away with it.
I was not particularly in favour of him getting the job, my preferred choice would have been Danny Webb, but I thought let’s give him a run and see where we are at the end of October.
It appears to be a total shambles which I cant see getting any better, he seems to be way out of his depth.
but I thought let’s give him a run and see where we are at the end of October.

I don’t know if it’s the beer or your fuzzy goggles it is only the 8th of Sept
Proving you wrong has become a simple task
Thanks 🙏
Byways1
Fresh Alias

Post by Byways1 »

Lucky7 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:05 pm
Byways1 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:45 pm

but I thought let’s give him a run and see where we are at the end of October.

I don’t know if it’s the beer or your fuzzy goggles it is only the 8th of Sept
Proving you wrong has become a simple task
Thanks 🙏
Does being an idiot come naturally to you?
You want to see some semblance that progress is being made and he is growing into the job.
You don’t wait until the deadline if he is under preforming
This is the same with any employee during a trial period.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Justin Edinburgh’s first 8 games in charge

W3 D2 L3

Where you asking for his head as well?
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

The Big Shot wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:48 pm No Chance of Phil Parkinson coming here, he'll get a League One or Championsip club.

Agreed, more chance of Michael Parkinson coming here :lol:
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Lucky7 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:41 pm Justin Edinburgh’s first 8 games in charge

W3 D2 L3

I think he was

Im sure he wanted that Hendon back or Martin Allen bloke in charge
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Cheshunto wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:54 pm
The Big Shot wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:48 pm No Chance of Phil Parkinson coming here, he'll get a League One or Championsip club.

Agreed, more chance of Michael Parkinson coming here :lol:
Or Phil Collins.

The re birth of Orient. It’s Genesis.
Byways1
Fresh Alias

Post by Byways1 »

Lucky7 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:41 pm Justin Edinburgh’s first 8 games in charge

W3 D2 L3

There you go being an idiot again.
JE had a track record and success at non league level.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Byways1 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:48 pm

W3 D2 L3

There you go being an idiot again.
JE had a track record and success at non league level.
Yet even with that experience it took time with players to get results rolling through .