Howes back to Wealdstone

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Howes back to Wealdstone

Post by Proposition Joe »

The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Howes back to Wealdstone

Post by The Reverend »

Back at his level. Hope he does well and the move is made long term.

Honestly can’t believe some on here were seriously suggesting that the guy should start league 1 games.
J1MB0B
Fresh Alias

Post by J1MB0B »

Bit of a strange signing really. Never looked comfortable playing at our level.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

If you're planning to develop a lower league player, surely you go for someone younger? Can only assume they thought he was ok quality and cheap.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

The Reverend wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:54 pm Back at his level. Hope he does well and the move is made long term.

Honestly can’t believe some on here were seriously suggesting that the guy should start league 1 games.
OK - as you're clearly waiting for a congratulatory pat on the head, well done you - who's a clever boy then?
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

The Reverend wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:54 pm Honestly can’t believe some on here were seriously suggesting that the guy should start league 1 games.
Jesus Christ. How do you not bore yourself?
Constanza
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Constanza »

The Reverend wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:54 pm Back at his level. Hope he does well and the move is made long term.

You never mentioned this before.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

That’s fair enough but he didn’t let anybody down . I agree he’s not League One standard however he did do well away at Blackpool and Shrewsbury last season . I wish him good luck for the future
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Post by Loyal_Supporter »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:56 pm

That’s fair enough but he didn’t let anybody down . I agree he’s not League One standard however he did do well away at Blackpool and Shrewsbury last season . I wish him good luck for the future
Agree with you for the most part but I reckon he could do a job in League 2.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Proposition Joe wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:46 pm
The Reverend wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:54 pm Honestly can’t believe some on here were seriously suggesting that the guy should start league 1 games.
I love how even when I was categorically right about something you can’t bring yourself to say “yeah, Rev was bang on with that one”. You resort to insults instead.
Last edited by The Reverend on Wed Sep 18, 2024 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

I didn't insult you, I asked a question.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

It's a weird one obsessing over a young(ish) back up goalkeeper who never seemed to commit a bigger sin than not being good enough for the level he was trying to make it at.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Mistadobalina wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:01 pm It's a weird one obsessing over a young(ish) back up goalkeeper who never seemed to commit a bigger sin than not being good enough for the level he was trying to make it at.
26 isn’t youngish
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Tbf to Revs he gets sh*t and was spot on here. It was more than a few saying he should be playing which was ludicrous.
He was brought in to provide the goalkeeping unit with experience and as an in game red card sub. Probably earning pennies but now we don’t have any experienced goalkeepers so all a bit pointless really.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:02 pm
Mistadobalina wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:01 pm It's a weird one obsessing over a young(ish) back up goalkeeper who never seemed to commit a bigger sin than not being good enough for the level he was trying to make it at.
26 isn’t youngish
He's a young man, if not a young footballer. Popping up in every single thread he's mentioned to sh*t on him strikes me as a little strange, especially as he barely ever played.
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

The Reverend wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:29 pm
Proposition Joe wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:46 pm
I love how even was I was categorically right about something you can’t bring yourself to say “yeah, Rev was bang on with that one”. You resort to insults instead.
More Spen than ever.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:02 pm Tbf to Revs he gets sh*t and was spot on here. It was more than a few saying he should be playing which was ludicrous.
He was brought in to provide the goalkeeping unit with experience and as an in game red card sub. Probably earning pennies but now we don’t have any experienced goalkeepers so all a bit pointless really.
Thank you! This all started last season when I correctly pointed out that the guy is a bit rubbish. I got piled on back then for what was a perfectly reasonable observation.

Since then certain boarders kept digging me out every time Howlers was mentioned. My position on this topic has never changed: he’s naff and has no business being anywhere near a league 1 squad. I’ve been proven right on numerous occasions and I guess him getting shipped out to non-league has finally proven my point once and for all.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

The Reverend wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:26 pm
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:02 pm Tbf to Revs he gets sh*t and was spot on here. It was more than a few saying he should be playing which was ludicrous.
Thank you! This all started last season when I correctly pointed out that the guy is a bit rubbish. I got piled on back then for what was a perfectly reasonable observation.

Since then certain boarders kept digging me out every time Howlers was mentioned. My position on this topic has never changed: he’s naff and has no business being anywhere near a league 1 squad. I’ve been proven right on numerous occasions and I guess him getting shipped out to non-league has finally proven my point once and for all.
Got the same sh*t for Alabi mate. Some people can tell and some people can’t. And the ones who can’t then get their back up when they are proven wrong
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Good luck to the guy, seemed a decent character just well out of his depth at this level.

Is it true what I saw posted on socials that we actually paid a fee for him initially?
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

As everyone knows, no one seriously claimed Howes was an L1 standard keeper or the answer to our problems, they were just calling for Hemming to be dropped and he was the only other keeper at the club at that stage. Bit sad that some people twist that to mean something else that miraculously backs up whatever point they were trying to make, repeatedly, ad nauseum.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Proposition Joe wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:23 pm As everyone knows, no one seriously claimed Howes was an L1 standard keeper or the answer to our problems, they were just calling for Hemming to be dropped and he was the only other keeper at the club at that stage. Bit sad that some people twist that to mean something else that miraculously backs up whatever point they were trying to make, repeatedly, ad nauseum.
So you speak for others on this board now, do you?

Or are you seriously trying to suggest that people demanding that a bloke start in league 1 fixtures didn’t think that he was good enough to play in league 1? Bizarre.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

The Reverend wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:50 pm
Proposition Joe wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:23 pm As everyone knows, no one seriously claimed Howes was an L1 standard keeper or the answer to our problems, they were just calling for Hemming to be dropped and he was the only other keeper at the club at that stage. Bit sad that some people twist that to mean something else that miraculously backs up whatever point they were trying to make, repeatedly, ad nauseum.

Or are you seriously trying to suggest that people demanding that a bloke start in league 1 fixtures didn’t think that he was good enough to play in league 1? Bizarre.
Mate, when you have Rich Tea "supporting" your point of view you really need to take a moment and consider..........
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Performative ignorance such as this on a League One message board is the bizarre thing. You do you.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:56 pm

I was at both games and refute the accusation that he did well at either.

But of course, I wish him well 👍
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

BoniO wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:04 pm

Mate, when you have Rich Tea "supporting" your point of view you really need to take a moment and consider..........
Israel thread just got awkward…