Ticket Exchange Rip Off

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Token
Fresh Alias

Ticket Exchange Rip Off

Post by Token »

Couldn’t make the Birmingham game, so sold my ticket and they gave me £30. Nice. I’ve now noticed they’ve took back £20 and only credited me a tenner. Just looked and they are now only offering £10 for future games.

Club must be proper skint. I thought they were trying to encourage people to use the scheme.
Nad2008
Fresh Alias

Re: Ticket Exchange Rip Off

Post by Nad2008 »

I sold my Birmingham ticket and had an email saying I’d received £31 on my account.
I’ve just signed in to my account.

I also only have £10 showing now. Are they allowed to take our money without asking, this seems a bit low.

If this isn’t a glitch I will be extremely pissed off.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

You only get £10 back, credited to your account for use on tickets for friends and family or to have money off next year’s season ticket.

Considering they sell the ticket on for the full ticket price, its a f*cking piss take.
Nad2008
Fresh Alias

Post by Nad2008 »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 9:23 pm You only get £10 back, credited to your account for use on tickets for friends and family or to have money off next year’s season ticket.

Considering they sell the ticket on for the full ticket price, its a f*cking piss take.
I’ve got an email in my inbox saying that my Brum ticket sold and I’ve been credited with £31 in my account.

I’ve had no notification saying they’ve removed £21 from this balance.

This stinks.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

It's not a glitch. I know one Boarder who spotted this a couple of weeks ago and emailed the Club to ask what was up. They said the original credit was "an error" and it should have been £10 all along. The apparent lack of comms about it is pretty shoddy.
Nad2008
Fresh Alias

Post by Nad2008 »

Proposition Joe wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:39 pm It's not a glitch. I know one Boarder who spotted this a couple of weeks ago and emailed the Club to ask what was up. They said the original credit was "an error" and it should have been £10 all along. The apparent lack of comms about it is pretty shoddy.
Well I won’t be using that again. They are using my ticket to generate more profit when I can’t make it. I’ll pass it on so it doesn’t go to waste. But they can f*** right off.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

It’s a massive piss take.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

PoundhillO wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 12:40 am It’s a massive piss take.
Lucky you threw your season ticket on to the pitch after defeat No2 of the season. So no pee taken.
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Orient Punxx »

Always been a tenner - the £30 was an obvious error which I ignored. The seat never sold anyway.
Nad2008
Fresh Alias

Post by Nad2008 »

Orient Punxx wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:04 am Always been a tenner - the £30 was an obvious error which I ignored. The seat never sold anyway.
I had an email stating my ticket has sold and I’ve been credited with £31. Next time I signed in my balance is£10. No communication from the club regarding an error or taking £21 from my account.
LPE
Fresh Alias

Post by LPE »

The issue is lack of comms.

I had a CRM email from Greene King the other day saying pints at the Prospect are £2 for x dates at y times.

Great deal but the next day I received an email saying ‘we f’d up, the £2 pints aren’t applicable here and sorry about that. Here’s a list of deals at our other houses that are correct’.

In my book, no harm done as it was remedied quickly, the comms were good and the apology genuine (with a sweetener elsewhere, if I chose to take it up).

No softening the blow from the O’s and a deafening silence on it. Poor as usual.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

People slowly coming to realise that the club are operating a “squeeze ‘em for all we can” model.

The clues were there, including the unreasonably short deadline for season ticket renewals off the back of false promises about “exciting” signings that never happened. A ticket categorisation system with prices which shoot up since introduction.
LPE
Fresh Alias

Post by LPE »

The minimal Saturday 15:00 kick offs are really going to hurt every revenue stream at the club and impact ST sales in 25/26. Choppy financial waters with reduced playing budget ahead I fear.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

For all the positive feeling and good will the club have generated over the last 6-7 years, it does feel like they are risking losing that.

There’s a balance, unfortunately football is more and more commercial and if you want success, that’s the reality. But some people would rather a more authentic experience that feels like a club that you can feel part of rather than a consumer of.

Can see more and more people heading for non league football over the next 10 years.

I was calling out the club for weird commercial decisions years ago . It’s not a new thing. The S*n sponsorship, cash converters stand sponsorship, and others
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:23 am But some people would rather a more authentic experience that feels like a club that you can feel part of rather than a consumer of.

Can see more and more people heading for non league football over the next 10 years.
This is a common sentiment you'll encounter at clubs like Walthamstow FC, and it's definitely a more community feel at their games. I've gone a few times now and enjoy the match day experience very much.
ChorizO
Fresh Alias

Post by ChorizO »

Nad2008 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 9:17 pm I sold my Birmingham ticket and had an email saying I’d received £31 on my account.
I’ve just signed in to my account.

I also only have £10 showing now. Are they allowed to take our money without asking, this seems a bit low.

If this isn’t a glitch I will be extremely pissed off.
You have every right to be. This is highway robbery from the club.
Token
Fresh Alias

Post by Token »

In the promotion season they offered a fiver and nobody bothered so last year they put it up to £15 which I thought was reasonable.

They have now massively increased ticket prices, sent out emails telling us it would be £30, credited our accounts with that amount and now have sneakily deducted money and are apparently pretending it should have been a tenner all along.

This is a really poor show. Not sure it’s even legal
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

What a bunch of whiny ****s.

In the olden days, if you couldn’t attend a game, you didn’t go. Your seat stayed empty. That was the end of it.

Nowadays, if you can’t attend a game, you click a button on the computer, the club try and resell the ticket for the empty seat (because we’ve had the fortunate position of having sell out crowds on occasions the past season or two), you get a tenner back, another fan gets to see the game, and the club get a little bit of additional revenue. It’s a win win win situation.
Token
Fresh Alias

Post by Token »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:47 am What a bunch of whiny ****s.

In the olden days, if you couldn’t attend a game, you didn’t go. Your seat stayed empty. That was the end of it.

Nowadays, if you can’t attend a game, you click a button on the computer, the club try and resell the ticket for the empty seat (because we’ve had the fortunate position of having sell out crowds on occasions the past season or two), you get a tenner back, another fan gets to see the game, and the club get a little bit of additional revenue. It’s a win win win situation.
This would be fine if the club said that all along
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

The main thing really is the lack of comms and transparency. Giving £31 credit for a resold ticket is clearly bonkers - unlikely scenario maybe, but it'd mean if you re-sold your seat every game, you'd end up with more in credit than you originally shelled out for your ST and that's obviously a mistake. But to just give people the credit and quietly remove it without any proper explanation is pretty shifty. Although there's also maybe an argument for paying a bit more for a ticket resolution for the Cat A+ games (or whatever they're called) versus the ones against Lincoln on a Tuesday night since they're selling them for different prices.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

So, what you're saying is that the club is at fault for enabling thickos to raise their expectations?
LPE
Fresh Alias

Post by LPE »

The world has moved on technologically and it’s right for people to expect something back and is a win win if it’s managed right and comms are good. They’ve dropped a clanger here again.

The non-tenner Tuesday night matches is also an own goal. My missus or other local mates would come to those after work. They won’t now at those prices so the casual fan is being driven away. You could have a situation where it’s just the hardcore and 150/200 away fans at these matches. Not a great look for the sponsors who have bought into the sell out brave new world the club is championing.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

The Reverend wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:49 am People slowly coming to realise that the club are operating a “squeeze ‘em for all we can” model.

The clues were there, including the unreasonably short deadline for season ticket renewals off the back of false promises about “exciting” signings that never happened. A ticket categorisation system with prices which shoot up since introduction.
Your forgetting the club blackmailing the supporters club into selling the sh-t beer which imo is a disgrace considering the SC hand over a healthy check every season that coupling with the “exciting signings” statement plus now this, will put a lot of people off next season whatever league we are in. The club have managed a massive own goal this season (excuse the pun) however I’m not sure how much this is down to NT.I have a feeling it could be down to others?
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

Nad2008 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:45 pm
Proposition Joe wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:39 pm It's not a glitch. I know one Boarder who spotted this a couple of weeks ago and emailed the Club to ask what was up. They said the original credit was "an error" and it should have been £10 all along. The apparent lack of comms about it is pretty shoddy.
Well I won’t be using that again. They are using my ticket to generate more profit when I can’t make it. I’ll pass it on so it doesn’t go to waste. But they can f*** right off.
It's not the club's fault that you can't make it to the game. I would be happy to get a tenner back in these circumstances. In most cases, if you buy a ticket for something and don't turn up, it's tough luck
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Token wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:50 am

This would be fine if the club said that all along
I missed the bit where the club said they’d pay us £31 for reselling a seat