Lewis Warrington SIGNS!

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Lewis Warrington SIGNS!

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

redintheface wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 10:49 pm Hope I’m wrong but I have a sneaking suspicion that RW now sees Warrington as a latter day Ethan Coleman and he’ll be destined for a short stay at the club.
I thought he was supposed to be the replacement for El-Miz ?
y o y o y
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by y o y o y »

redintheface wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 10:49 pm Hope I’m wrong but I have a sneaking suspicion that RW now sees Warrington as a latter day Ethan Coleman and he’ll be destined for a short stay at the club.

I hope you're wrong.
But is he not fit enough and slow at decision making when on the ball ?
Surely too early to be sent to Boco Island.
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

Well under the review requirements of lings we signed Warrington as a top signing but not started a game yet can't understand
Fellowo
Fresh Alias

Post by Fellowo »

We know that he hadn't played for 8 months, this was due to a serious knee injury which resulted in Plymouth sending him back to Everton.

I do wonder if he's not quite over that injury, as a quick Internet search indicates that he's a half decent player (whilst at Tranmere and Fleetwood).
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Fellowo wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:03 am We know that he hadn't played for 8 months, this was due to a serious knee injury which resulted in Plymouth sending him back to Everton.
It's become an ongoing meme that we only sign players with serious knee injuries, again got to be taking a long hard look at the recruitment policy
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

gshaw wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:47 am
Fellowo wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:03 am We know that he hadn't played for 8 months, this was due to a serious knee injury which resulted in Plymouth sending him back to Everton.
It's become an ongoing meme that we only sign players with serious knee injuries, again got to be taking a long hard look at the recruitment policy
Got to agree with this - it happens too often to be anything other than intentional, i.e. approach injured players late in the window who may have limited (or no) other options. See also, sourcing goalkeepers from clubs we've already dealt with rather than seeking the best.

We're not a big fish in the NL anymore, we're a small fish in League 1 and our recruitment policy has to reflect that.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

See guys. Look where optimism gets you - nowhere!
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

We're missing El-Miz , big time . If Warrington is supposed to be his replacement then he better start playing more and getting a run of games.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Admittedly he was playing one of the poorest teams I've seen in a long while, but he looked alright against Millwall. Would also like to him get more minutes after the international break. He won't carry the same attacking threat as El-Miz, though (not that he scored loads, but he linked play from back to front so well).
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Guys, they don't play the same position.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Hoover Attack wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 12:12 pm Guys, they don't play the same position.
Does anyone at the moment hoover? This is my point about Richie, he keeps shifting players around especially subs, when he does that we loose all continuity in our game. He needs to go back to the drawing board and put players in there preferred position and use a formation that suits the players and not him.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 12:17 pm
Hoover Attack wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 12:12 pm Guys, they don't play the same position.
Does anyone at the moment hoover?
What?
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Hoover Attack wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 12:32 pm
What?
My point is as my post alluded to,you have to bring in the right players for the right positions. Why bring in players you have already in those positions. We now have 4 keepers and no decent striker
Fellowo
Fresh Alias

Post by Fellowo »

o-no wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 8:13 am
Got to agree with this - it happens too often to be anything other than intentional, i.e. approach injured players late in the window who may have limited (or no) other options. See also, sourcing goalkeepers from clubs we've already dealt with rather than seeking the best.

We're not a big fish in the NL anymore, we're a small fish in League 1 and our recruitment policy has to reflect that.
Ling has always loved signing a player returning from injury, even when he was Manager I recall him signing Adam Chambers who hadn’t played for a year and every time Adam went down everyone held their breath.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Fellowo wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 1:24 pm

Ling has always loved signing a player returning from injury, even when he was Manager I recall him signing Adam Chambers who hadn’t played for a year and every time Adam went down everyone held their breath.
Yes he does probably because there cheap but are they in the long run? I’ve been an O’s supporter for 60 years and they have always been the same, but for the first time over that period we have progressed immensely under NT (maybe because we couldn’t sink much lower)but now I fear we are starting to go backwards not because of a couple of bad results but the ethos of Ling. He gets 50% of things right and as a club of our size he needs to get 80%, hard to achieve I know.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Fellowo wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 1:24 pm

Would love an Adam Chambers now
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 12:39 pm
Hoover Attack wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 12:32 pm

What?
My point is as my post alluded to,you have to bring in the right players for the right positions. Why bring in players you have already in those positions. We now have 4 keepers and no decent striker
My assumption was Warrington would play as the 4, freeing up Brown to play as an 8 and be part of the plan to replace El Miz.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Obeiro will be better than El Miz by the way, just not sure when.

Galbraith should also be better if he is developed properly/applies himself.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Hoover Attack wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 2:37 pm Obeiro will be better than El Miz by the way, just not sure when.

I’d go along with that 👍
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Hoover Attack wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 2:37 pm Obeiro will be better than El Miz by the way, just not sure when.

Or more to the point, for whom. There's a number of Orient fans seem to be content with us developing a player who goes onto bigger things, but the club sees minimal benefit from, both financially and in their on-pitch contribution whilst at Orient.

Galbraith not signing a contract is similar though at least he's been pretty much first-team ready since he arrived as he came off the back of senior pro League experience with Salford.

Not so with some of the ones we've brought in this year; between Perkins, Donley and Keely that's 3 first time loans (and yes Perkins had a whole 12 minutes or so at Oxford, hardly counts for much)
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stan1972 »

Warrington needs a decent run of games, then we will hopefully see the best of this young exciting signing.
essexfootball
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by essexfootball »

He oddly played loads in pre-season, season started Wellens had no interest in him, then Prats him and Obe won the midfield battle against Millwall
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

Obe good young plqyer should be coming off the beach sorry shouldn't start we need Warrington to play
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

Yes Obeiro will imo go higher up the chain than El Miz
Norlington Road
Fresh Alias

Post by Norlington Road »

Everton fans rated Him and some nice touches here when at Tranmere https://www.toffeetalk.com/topic/32706- ... arrington/