Can we send Hemming back ???

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Can we send Hemming back ???

Post by Cheshunto »

Our calamitous Goalkeeper has been signed on a season long loan from Middlesbrough with disastrous results.
Just wondering if any of the better informed posters on here know IF we CAN actually return him back to the North East, as many fans are demanding……..OR…..Are we stuck with him until the end of the season ??

If we contractually have to keep him in E10 then Simon Royce has a big job on his hands restoring Hemmings confidence which by now must be shot to pieces.
Stamford O
Fresh Alias

Re: Can we send Hemming back ???

Post by Stamford O »

I have wondered that myself
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

I hear that we are also paying for some of his wages
oriboy
Fresh Alias

Post by oriboy »

If we replace him and he doesn't play then Boro will probably recall him to go out to another club
KenleyO
Fresh Alias

Post by KenleyO »

Most season long loans will have a break clause in the January transfer window where either party can agree to the end of the loan. We ate stuck with him until then.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Only Ling and the club will know the terms of the loan deal.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Sounds like the terms of the deal are really Hemming us in 😏
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

oriboy wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 9:38 pm If we replace him and he doesn't play then Boro will probably recall him to go out to another club
This
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I'll make this prediction , if we keep Hemming Howes will soon be our number one choice . People might say Howes isn't League One standard but our problem is going by what 'I've seen so far neither is Hemming . Give Howes a game at Millwall tomorrow night and see how he goes .
Norlington Road
Fresh Alias

Post by Norlington Road »

We haven’t had a decent goalkeeper for so long ! No excuses in this dept , it’s poor from the club . Such a vital role and we’ve relied on loans for too long . Then when we do sign a keeper we get a player who is probably L2 at best.
Why haven’t we signed our own keeper ?
If you want a loan then we should’ve asked Birmingham to leave Alsop on our bench for a few quid .
Hemming Dosent look right , he’s slow , indecisive and has cost us two points atleast in three games , proving how important a keeper is .
I’d like to see us get an alternative before the window closes even if it means Howes goes on loan
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

This week we will see if the bod are prepared to chuck our season away by persevering with a goalie who is clearly not up to it.
I don’t believe they will and expect a Hemming replacement this week. The guy ain’t even NL standard, let alone L2 or L1 and simply has to go. The alternative will be very painful and costly.
LPE
Fresh Alias

Post by LPE »

A tough decision for RW on Tuesday.

Does he keep Hemming to build confidence or give Howes game time to see how he performs (with a view to starting against Shrewsbury).

Once (and if) Hemming is dropped for a league match you’d think that his time at BR is over.

Hopefully Howes, if he plays, has a blinder and forces Richie’s hand. I have no confidence now and don’t wish to see the loanee start again.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

PKM wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:53 am This week we will see if the bod are prepared to chuck our season away by persevering with a goalie who is clearly not up to it.
I don’t believe they will and expect a Hemming replacement this week. The guy ain’t even NL standard, let alone L2 or L1 and simply has to go. The alternative will be very painful and costly.
Any replacement for Hemming would need to be made this week because the transfer windows closes at the end of this week .
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

Norlington Road wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:36 am We haven’t had a decent goalkeeper for so long ! No excuses in this dept , it’s poor from the club . Such a vital role and we’ve relied on loans for too long . Then when we do sign a keeper we get a player who is probably L2 at best.
If you want a loan then we should’ve asked Birmingham to leave Alsop on our bench for a few quid .
Hemming Dosent look right , he’s slow , indecisive and has cost us two points atleast in three games , proving how important a keeper is .
I’d like to see us get an alternative before the window closes even if it means Howes goes on loan
You must have only started coming to the O's this season!

There was nothing wrong with Bryn and the bloke before him was more than ok!
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

LittleMate wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 9:30 am
Norlington Road wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:36 am We haven’t had a decent goalkeeper for so long ! No excuses in this dept , it’s poor from the club . Such a vital role and we’ve relied on loans for too long . Then when we do sign a keeper we get a player who is probably L2 at best.

This
Brynn was a decent keeper, prone to the odd mistake, but nothing like Hemming who hasn’t made a save of note as yet.
We haven’t produced a decent keeper of our own for some time and been happy to rely on loans………..probably down to budget of course. The problem with Hemming now is that his confidence will be zero and I just hope he doesn’t read this forum.
LPE
Fresh Alias

Post by LPE »

LittleMate wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 9:30 am

Absolutely. Strange comment from the OP.

Sol was very capable and commanded his box well. Viggy was excellent for O’s. A brilliant shot stopper with a knack for keeping out pens who is now first choice at a Championship mainstay.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I can remember saying last season that Sol Brynn was OK. . It's not hard to see why he's in front of Hemming in the pecking order at Middlesborough .
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Orient Punxx »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:05 am I can remember saying last season that Sol Brynn was OK. . It's not hard to see why he's in front of Hemming in the pecking order at Middlesborough .
Don’t need hindsight to know that Middlesbrough were providing us with their weaker keeper. We had a benchmark in Brynn.
idontkn0 M
Fresh Alias

Post by idontkn0 M »

There is no more "start Hemmings for his confidence" - those tokens have been used up and id expect Richie to see it the same. I expect Howes will get his chance tomorrow for lack of a better choice and a goalkeeper will be sought this week. Sadly and likely at the expense of another Richie target.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

I’d we don’t sign a keeper this week, the club have given up on our season and so will I. I’ve got my season ticket so that’s done but I won’t bother going to any away games - didn’t go Charlton this season, not going Millwall on Tuesday and won’t be going away again until this is rectified.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Hoover Attack wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 2:28 pm I’d we don’t sign a keeper this week, the club have given up on our season and so will I. I’ve got my season ticket so that’s done but I won’t bother going to any away games - didn’t go Charlton this season, not going Millwall on Tuesday and won’t be going away again until this is rectified.
But haven’t you heard? Howlers is suddenly magically a League 1 standard GK because the other bloke we bought in specially because Howlers wasn’t deemed good enough to play in league 1 is a bit naff as well. That’s how it works. Apparently.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

The Reverend wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 4:17 pm
Hoover Attack wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 2:28 pm I’d we don’t sign a keeper this week, the club have given up on our season and so will I. I’ve got my season ticket so that’s done but I won’t bother going to any away games - didn’t go Charlton this season, not going Millwall on Tuesday and won’t be going away again until this is rectified.
But haven’t you heard? Howlers is suddenly magically a League 1 standard GK because the other bloke we bought in specially because Howlers wasn’t deemed good enough to play in league 1 is a bit naff as well. That’s how it works. Apparently.
If we're stuck with both keepers who would you play . Howes or Hemming. ? Edit. We know they are both not League One standard but you have to choose one of them , so which one ?
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 5:17 pm
If we're stuck with both keepers who would you play . Howes or Hemming. ? Edit. We know they are both not League One standard but you have to choose one of them , so which one ?
We shouldn’t be “stuck” with either. If we are then I agree with Hoover, the club has given up on the season already.
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

Ignoring the question eh, typical
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Orient Punxx »

The Reverend wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 5:36 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 5:17 pm

We shouldn’t be “stuck” with either. If we are then I agree with Hoover, the club has given up on the season already.
The day of reckoning imo. If Hemming plays tonight, I agree, may as well replace the club’s badge with a plain white one.