Re Bolton Racial behaviour

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Snowflake
Fresh Alias

Re Bolton Racial behaviour

Post by Snowflake »

Ir sickens me to see What has happened in Bolton today. I would hope that we will receive Bolton Supporters with open arms whether Asian Muslim or white.Please no trouble
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Re: Re Bolton Racial behaviour

Post by Hoover Attack »

What about the Reform/EDL far right types that have been smashing stuff up?

Do we welcome them?
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Hi Terry
CEB2ElectricBoogaloo
Fresh Alias

Post by CEB2ElectricBoogaloo »

Hoover Attack wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:04 am What about the Reform/EDL far right types that have been smashing stuff up?

Do we welcome them?

I suspect that his thinly veiled point is “they’re all as bad as each other so let’s all shrug and pretend that that’s somehow the decent thing to do”
oriboy
Fresh Alias

Post by oriboy »

Hoover Attack wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:04 am What about the Reform/EDL far right types that have been smashing stuff up?

Do we welcome them?
Why put Reform in with EDL. They are a legitimate political party and as far as I am aware, there's been no link with Reform voters and the riots.
In fact, Farage has issued a statement condemning the rioting and attacks on the police.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Forages comments at the start of the week helped kickstart all this.

Which party do you reckon the ‘protestors’ voted for?
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

oriboy wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:03 am

Do we welcome them?
Why put Reform in with EDL. They are a legitimate political party
I would bet a reasonable sum that you - and others using this same pathetic argument - would argue the exact opposite about the IRA and Sinn Fein.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Nearly as grim as the rioters themselves is the many more people who think they have a point but just aren't going about making it in the right way.
oriboy
Fresh Alias

Post by oriboy »

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:10 am

Do we welcome them?
Why put Reform in with EDL. They are a legitimate political party
I would bet a reasonable sum that you - and others using this same pathetic argument - would argue the exact opposite about the IRA and Sinn Fein.
Again, what has the IRA and Sinn Fein got to do with Reform and the riots?
Yes Sinn Fein is a political party, but so is Labour, Conservatives and Lib Dems. Do you bracket those parties in with Sinn Fein?
I have seen nowhere that suggests Reform have anything to do with the protests or riots. Please correct me if I am factually wrong, if I am I will gladly hold my hands up.
(No pathetic arguments here btw)
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

You obviously can’t make mass generalisations about groups of people. People voted Reform for a variety of reasons.

It wasn’t just racists that voted for them. C*nts did too.
oriboy
Fresh Alias

Post by oriboy »

Mistadobalina wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:15 am Nearly as grim as the rioters themselves is the many more people who think they have a point but just aren't going about making it in the right way.
This is absolutely correct. If the people rioting, attacking police and buildings had an argument or point to put across, its all lost with the stupidity of their actions.
LeighO
Fresh Alias

Post by LeighO »

Do we welcome them?
Why put Reform in with EDL. They are a legitimate political party and as far as I am aware, there's been no link with Reform voters and the riots.
In fact, Farage has issued a statement condemning the rioting and attacks on the police.
The NSDAP were a legitimate political party too, we’ve just had our Krystalnacht.
oriboy
Fresh Alias

Post by oriboy »

LeighO wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:28 am

Do we welcome them?
The NSDAP were a legitimate political party too, we’ve just had our Krystalnacht.
The Lib Dem's are also a political party, that doesn't mean Ed Davy is going to start hitting people with his paddle when he's out Kayaking.
CEB2ElectricBoogaloo
Fresh Alias

Post by CEB2ElectricBoogaloo »

It’s almost as if the pertinent aspect isn’t the political party, but the values of the party and who they speak to and incite
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Do we welcome them?
I can't speak for the EDL but I'm a peace loving Reform voter who is vehemently against all this violent rioting . Whether you're from the right or left of politics I've always believed violence solves nothing . I think all these rioters are arseholes so don't paint us all with the same brush .
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Can someone just post some offending reform tweets then we can finish this thread
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Long slender neck wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:57 am Can someone just post some offending reform tweets then we can finish this thread
So " some offending tweets " represents us all . ? I don't so mate . I know other Reform voters at work and nobody agrees with all this violence .
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Struggling to understand what any of this has to do with Orient playing Bolton in the opening game of the season. Are people suggesting that there’s a chance of rioting at Brisbane Road on Saturday?
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

The Reverend wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:18 am Struggling to understand what any of this has to do with Orient playing Bolton in the opening game of the season. Are people suggesting that there’s a chance of rioting at Brisbane Road on Saturday?
Can't speak for the away fans but I expect things to get pretty ugly in the home sections.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:56 am

Do we welcome them?
I can't speak for the EDL but I'm a peace loving Reform voter who is vehemently against all this violent rioting . Whether you're from the right or left of politics I've always believed violence solves nothing . I think all these rioters are arseholes so don't paint us all with the same brush .
You obviously can't make mass generalisations about a group of people. But see above.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:05 am
Long slender neck wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:57 am Can someone just post some offending reform tweets then we can finish this thread
So " some offending tweets " represents us all . ? I don't so mate . I know other Reform voters at work and nobody agrees with all this violence .
So if there were some Reform MPs who had been fanning the flames of these riots, would that affect your support for them?
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

They weren't fanning flames, they were just asking questions. Difficult questions that we all wanted answered. Thought you of all people would have recognised that.
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

Hoover Attack wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:08 am Forages comments at the start of the week helped kickstart all this.

If they even managed to make it to the Polling station - and remembered their photo ID - then I doubt they could even form an "X" on a piece of paper.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

LittleMate wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 12:52 pm
Hoover Attack wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:08 am Forages comments at the start of the week helped kickstart all this.

If they even managed to make it to the Polling station - and remembered their photo ID - then I doubt they could even form an "X" on a piece of paper.
Totally valid point.

But those that did - Reform. All day long.
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:56 am

Do we welcome them?
Spot on. I've voted Tory all my life, and voted Reform. As my brother in the used to say, I wouldn't vote Labour as long as I've got an hole in my arse!!