TODAYS FRIENDLY

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: TODAYS FRIENDLY

Post by faith1234 »

What about the keeper any good or not or to soon
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

gshaw wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:30 pm
faith1234 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:29 pm Anyone of the trailist stand out today
The LB Penney in the first half looked OK though not that much more physically imposing than Hunt which I thought was the original plan when he was released

The GK made an awful error then had nothing else to do not even a save to make. Disappointing if we're getting another inexperienced keeper though, didn't like that with Brynn last season and hoping we'd get a senior pro this time round.
Could you see his heart & lung capacity
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Rubex Kube wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:16 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:11 pm
Rubex Kube wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 3:44 pm

Reds a Bedwetter now, surely you've noticed he joined that lot. If we win he'll be flopping back though
Who are you? You little scrot, Tuffers or Joe ?
Neither, & don't be offering me out pal :clown
Yes you are and I’m not your pal,scrot
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:35 pm
Rubex Kube wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:16 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:11 pm

Who are you? You little scrot, Tuffers or Joe ?
Neither, & don't be offering me out pal :clown
Yes you are and I’m not your pal,scrot
Sorry but I'm not :lol: you feel free to keep making things up though
Jeremy Bentham
Fresh Alias

Post by Jeremy Bentham »

gshaw wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:28 pm League 1 football will be a lot tougher than any pre-season friendly, just a fitness run out you can't make any judgement from these games
But you can judge individual performances, for instance Dan Aygei looks really sharp and, as said above, Obiero looked class.
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

faith1234 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:34 pm What about the keeper any good or not or to soon
He’s hardly seen the ball so difficult to say. Bad error for the goal.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

faith1234 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:34 pm What about the keeper any good or not or to soon
On the commentary it was said that they're "no closer to filling the GK position" so make of that what you will
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

There has got to be sh*t loads of players free transfers hanging about
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Moncur hooked after 30 mins. Not touched the ball. Looks heavier than he did 2 weeks ago. Ffs.
i8ubutler
Regular
Regular

Post by i8ubutler »

FlashScore says we're winning 2 - 1.
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

i8ubutler wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:50 pm FlashScore says we're winning 2 - 1.
Agyei got the 2nd edit sorry DJ
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

The first half left back looked ok. Not sure much of an upgrade on hunt. None of the others stood out.

Perkins is a work in progress. Same sort of level as Pegrum, I’d say.

DJ is a handful, going to be entertaining. Agyei was head and shoulders above their defence.
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

It’s great to have Jordan Graham back. Has a touch of class about him and could link up really nicely with TJ on the right. He put in some lovely balls.

I am quite buoyant after that. We looked better than I thought we would be. Hearts were poor but I think a lot of that was down to us.
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

Those herring gulls and lesser black-backed gulls put in an amazing shift today. Never stopped flying round the pitch the entire game. Mesmerising
cymruO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cymruO »

Been watching Essex win a tremendous game. I'm having to assume the O's have won! Nothing on the O's web and no confirmation on here. Can anyone help please?
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

cymruO wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:33 pm Been watching Essex win a tremendous game. I'm having to assume the O's have won! Nothing on the O's web and no confirmation on here. Can anyone help please?
Yes, we won 2-1
Excellent run out for the lads
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Celtient wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:29 pm Those herring gulls and lesser black-backed gulls put in an amazing shift today. Never stopped flying round the pitch the entire game. Mesmerising
Took 3 attempts to see our first goal as the birds kept distracting from the flight of the ball :lol:
Winchestorfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchestorfan »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 2:37 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 2:19 pm Not that it matters but I was hoping by now we would have some more new signings for this game . As it stands we only have Howes for goalie and a threadbare midfield
How many more times, this club is cheap. They don’t have to pay hotel and travelling fees. So much for bringing in players early, making sure of a good pre season and bonding and as for block buster signings 😂😂😂😂 if the happy clappers haven’t realised by now you must be thick. Even if they do sign some players they will be other clubs rejects, Stevenage, Bristol Rovers, Northampton and even Burton have been more proactive than us. The Rev asked if we would have bought a ST if this was going to happen? The answer is most definitely NO.
As a bored office worker why don’t you just go and criticise another club. We really don’t need the likes of you around. I’ll even buy your ST off you if it ensures you go. By the way did you see today’s friendly result? A cheap club won.
Idiot
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 3:39 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 3:18 pm

Well that didn't take too long . 1-0 down already . I assume Hearts are just simply walking through our midfield
No.

Brown, Obeiro and Galbraith are running the show.
Reds a Bedwetter now, surely you've noticed he joined that lot. If we win he'll be flopping back though
Hi Tuffers . No , I think I've been fair minded . I'm very pleased with today's result but we still need to sign about another 6 players and time is running out before the start of the season . It's a long season so we had better get a move on . I want us to do well this season and not struggle .
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:01 pm
Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 3:39 pm

No.

Brown, Obeiro and Galbraith are running the show.
Hi Tuffers . No , I think I've been fair minded . I'm very pleased with today's result but we still need to sign about another 6 players and time is running out before the start of the season . It's a long season so we had better get a move on . I want us to do well this season and not struggle .
wrong person mate, if you watched tho pre season video, you'd of heard wellens use the word patience.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 2:19 pm Not that it matters but I was hoping by now we would have some more new signings for this game . As it stands we only have Howes for goalie and a threadbare midfield
How many more times, this club is cheap. They don’t have to pay hotel and travelling fees. So much for bringing in players early, making sure of a good pre season and bonding and as for block buster signings 😂😂😂😂 if the happy clappers haven’t realised by now you must be thick. Even if they do sign some players they will be other clubs rejects, Stevenage, Bristol Rovers, Northampton and even Burton have been more proactive than us. The Rev asked if we would have bought a ST if this was going to happen? The answer is most definitely NO.
I feel you’d be better off supporting Spuds mate - same amount of success but at least they spend a lot of money getting it.
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

There's always one spanner 🔧 if your not going to say something nice about the club we all love better go off and support another team Salford I heard are looking for fans and a team
Hedmans Header
Fresh Alias

Post by Hedmans Header »

Very impressed with Penney at
full back …
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Winchestorfan wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:52 pm
As a bored office worker why don’t you just go and criticise another club. We really don’t need the likes of you around. I’ll even buy your ST off you if it ensures you go. By the way did you see today’s friendly result? A cheap club won.
Idiot
Were you saying that to those critical of Bechetti? Or do you pick and choose when fans can criticise their team
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Winchestorfan wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:52 pm
Idiot
Say what I want and don’t need you to tell me what to do thanks.