Kelman

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Brigs
Fresh Alias

Re: Kelman

Post by Brigs »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:43 pm
Cheshunto wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:20 pm
Stan1972 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:00 pm Are other clubs forums as negative as this forum about new signings?
Even if we signed a young prem super kid on loan, all L1 teams were trying to sign, some moaners would still moan he’s not experienced or never played in L1.
Maybe just let the club get on with building the squad for this season and judge new incoming players by performances on the pitch.
And get behind your club and players.
💪🏻💪🏻
Well said Stan,
Think we need to give both Perkins and Kelman a chance, ie at least 10 games before forming an accurate opinion,
If Ritchie is happy with these players then most fans should be. Personally I see Agyei being first choice as our No.9 with Kelman as back up / sub with Perkins being used sparingly until he’s used to the rough and tumble of League One Football.
Hopefully we can offload Pigott and Moncur now before bringing in El Mizouni
Agyei is currently our only proper striker . We'll need to wrap him in cotton wool because Kelman and Perkins will be powder puff . Don't forget we've already seen Kelman play while in League 2 so can form an immediate opinion .
Kelman scored 9 goals in L2., the same as Ruel did if I remember correctly.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Charlie scored 7 goals in 47 games for us.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/play ... son_id=155
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Ruel scored 9 in 45, although not sure of what relevance that is?

Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Don't understand the point of another loan. If we think he's got potential, then I wouldn't have hated bringing him in permanently to develop with us, even if I don't rate the guy. But his current level is obviously still average. Underwhelming, even if Wellens clearly really sees something in him.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:34 pm Ruel scored 9 in 45, although not sure of what relevance that is?

And at League One level .
Brigs
Fresh Alias

Post by Brigs »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:32 pm Charlie scored 7 goals in 47 games for us.

My mistake
I'd looked at Moncur 9 goals & Kelman 7 & confused the two. I suppose the relevance is Ruel only scored 2 more than Kelman, Moncur got the same. If Kelman gets 9 or 10 we can say he is a suitable replacement for Ruel.

We need Ollie Dan Agyei & others to score their fare share as well
Last edited by Brigs on Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Brigs
Fresh Alias

Post by Brigs »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:03 am
Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:34 pm Ruel scored 9 in 45, although not sure of what relevance that is?

And at League One level .
Ruel scored 9 in 45 at League 2 level not League1
Fellowo
Fresh Alias

Post by Fellowo »

Mistadobalina wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:45 am Don't understand the point of another loan. If we think he's got potential, then I wouldn't have hated bringing him in permanently to develop with us, even if I don't rate the guy. But his current level is obviously still average. Underwhelming, even if Wellens clearly really sees something in him.
Can only assume that he's not signed permanently as QPR would have demanded a fee and/or we cannot afford his salary.

Richie might not have had anything to do with this, as we forget that Martin is ultimately responsible for transfers.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Exactly.

In L1, Ruel scored 12 in 47 per soccer base. (I’ve not checked how many of those were subs appearances).

Kelman isn’t getting anywhere near that.

If Kelman is here as our third choice striker, maybe filling in other positions as well, I can live with that. If he’s out 2nd choice, we’re screwed.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

I’ll put it out there in the hope I’m proved wrong but I just don’t see IT.

Maybe Richie thinks he can get the best out of him but aside from about 5 games at the start of his spell with us, he looked completely lost.
Brigs
Fresh Alias

Post by Brigs »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:56 am I’ll put it out there in the hope I’m proved wrong but I just don’t see IT.

Maybe Richie thinks he can get the best out of him but aside from about 5 games at the start of his spell with us, he looked completely lost.
Remember when he started he was down the middle, then due to an injury to somebody else he got shifted out wide. It's still only his 3rd season so has improvement potential. If he doesn't improve I think he'll turn into a lower league 2 player or non league.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Brigs wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:04 am
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:56 am I’ll put it out there in the hope I’m proved wrong but I just don’t see IT.

Remember when he started he was down the middle, then due to an injury to somebody else he got shifted out wide. It's still only his 3rd season so has improvement potential. If he doesn't improve I think he'll turn into a lower league 2 player or non league.
He’s basically Drinan mark two and they sold him. If you want a player to run around,that’s fine but as for scoring goals which I thought was the purpose of a forward then?? It ain’t going to happen
Brigs
Fresh Alias

Post by Brigs »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:14 am

He’s basically Drinan mark two and they sold him. If you want a player to run around,that’s fine but as for scoring goals which I thought was the purpose of a forward then?? It ain’t going to happen
Name the last 3 20+ Goal scorers we've had in League Football? Like they are easy to come across for a club like us.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

I’m with you.

RW really has stuck his neck out with this signing. I really hope it works out otherwise I can see this causing a lot of tension between fans and Richie.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

He’s literally nothing like Drinnan.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Kelman was 20 when he was last here. He’s still developing. His movement is good and he links the play well. Last time he was here, he’d make runs all game and no one would be brave enough to play the pass.

Ruel is not prime Romario like most of you seem to think.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:12 am

He’s literally nothing like Drinnan.
I predict Kelman won't score as many as Sotiriou did last season .
Eggski
Fresh Alias

Post by Eggski »

Only 2 signings, both loans, need full time players for stability. Nervous at the moment, hopefully wrong
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:16 am Kelman was 20 when he was last here. He’s still developing. His movement is good and he links the play well. Last time he was here, he’d make runs all game and no one would be brave enough to play the pass.

This is nonsense and you know it.

Some people didn’t rate Ruel. Some people thought he was a worthy squad player - cheap, can do a job in a number of positions, and has a nasty habit of scoring goals. No one was demanding we build our team around him or that he regularly starts games.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:50 am
BiggsyMalone wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:16 am Kelman was 20 when he was last here. He’s still developing. His movement is good and he links the play well. Last time he was here, he’d make runs all game and no one would be brave enough to play the pass.

This is nonsense and you know it.

Some people didn’t rate Ruel. Some people thought he was a worthy squad player - cheap, can do a job in a number of positions, and has a nasty habit of scoring goals. No one was demanding we build our team around him or that he regularly starts games.
I must have imagined all the ‘we’ve lost our top scorer’ bedwetting and all the ‘Kelman doesn’t score’ overreaction.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

But both those things are true.

If Ruel had stayed, I’d have expected us to sign a striker ahead of him, making Ruel 3rd choice. If Kelman is Riels replacement and the other striker is still to come in, I’m ok with that. If Kelman is our second choice, we’re f*cked.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Kelman is going to be second choice unless some mug takes Piggot of our hands

Ling ain’t going to allow us to have 5 strikers on the books this season
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

The four strikers we have for next season as things stand managed a sum total of 9 league goals last season

The same as Shaq Forde by the looks of it 🥳 🍾
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:09 pm Kelman is going to be second choice unless some mug takes Piggot of our hands

Ling ain’t going to allow us to have 5 strikers on the books this season
Pigott is finished at Orient and will be watching from the stands if he doesn't move on . If that happens Kelman will be first choice along with Agyei .
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:11 pm The four strikers we have for next season as things stand managed a sum total of 9 league goals last season

The same as Shaq Forde by the looks of it 🥳 🍾
Frightening . That's why it's imperative we move on Pigott and bring in another striker .