Israel

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Re: Israel

Post by Proposition Joe »

Bit poor that he has actually provided some links as said and - so far - he's either been ignored or dismissed out of hand. Would be interested in hearing why some of the organisations referred to in those reports are wrong and/or discredited.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:24 am Quite funny seeing some boarders still standing firm despite COYOs being right on most stuff regarding Israel in this thread.
I don't agree with the definition. Referencing any bad person to Hitler or the Nazis is a pretty standard comment. However, I can understand how that may be triggering for some so out of courtesy wouldn't do it again, having had it pointed out to me.

There are plenty of other genocidal maniacs throughout history that COYS could compare Netanyahu to, other than Hitler. Just go with one of them.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

CEB wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:19 am “I'll post a lot of stuff that discredits the IHRA definition tomorrow when I find it”

I’m on tenterhooks.
"In 2019, Kenneth Stern, the original author, described his definition as not being "suitable" for university campuses and accused right-wing Jews of weaponising it in an op-ed for the Guardian"
CEB
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Messageboard know-it-all

Post by CEB »

Proposition Joe wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:30 am Bit poor that he has actually provided some links as said and - so far - he's either been ignored or dismissed out of hand. Would be interested in hearing why some of the organisations referred to in those reports are wrong and/or discredited.
It might have been a bit too subtle, but my posting that I’m on tenterhooks after he provided links was me hilariously carrying on the trend of posting as if previous posts didn’t exist
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Aha.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Its not fair to just post a load of links and expect people to go through them. We need specifics.
CEB
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Messageboard know-it-all

Post by CEB »

I’ve definitely found that when I post specifics about controversial takes, people give them due consideration
Brigs
Fresh Alias

Post by Brigs »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/crgygdr7vezo

Medical workers in Israel have told the BBC that Palestinian detainees from Gaza are routinely kept shackled to hospital beds, blindfolded, sometimes naked, and forced to wear nappies – a practice one medic said amounted to “torture”.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

This morning, both Norway & Ireland have recognised the State of Palestine, Spain is believed to be following soon.

Israel has ordered it's Ambassadors home from those countries, and the Zionists on Twitter are doing their heads in over it

Very slowly, bit by bit, the world is turning against the Zionist apartheid state.

This is the beginning of the end for Israel, as it implodes in front of our eyes
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Interesting that Spain has chosen to go down that path since they're very careful to avoid recognising other contentious areas such as Kosovo. Appreciate Palestine's situation isn't the same but they're usually more concerned about setting precedents for their Moroccan territories.
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:17 pm This morning, both Norway & Ireland have recognised the State of Palestine, Spain is believed to be following soon.

Israel has ordered it's Ambassadors home from those countries, and the Zionists on Twitter are doing their heads in over it

Very slowly, bit by bit, the world is turning against the Zionist apartheid state.

This is the beginning of the end for Israel, as it implodes in front of our eyes
There you go, the voice of Palestine has spoken again. When are you going to utter one word about the destruction of Ukraine. I'll wager that you and your Scottish pal don't really give flying fcuk about Gaza, it's all a ruse to vomit out your hatred.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Chicken Dhansak wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:44 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:17 pm This morning, both Norway & Ireland have recognised the State of Palestine, Spain is believed to be following soon.

There you go, the voice of Palestine has spoken again. When are you going to utter one word about the destruction of Ukraine. I'll wager that you and your Scottish pal don't really give flying fcuk about Gaza, it's all a ruse to vomit out your hatred.
No one is defending the actions of Russia.

Some clowns are defending the actions of Israel.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Hoover Attack wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:10 pm

Whilst not defending the actions of Russia I believe little attention is paid to the NATO provocation that led to their further invasion.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

You seem a little flustered, if I may say
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:37 pm

You seem a little flustered, if I may say
He is speaking sense.

When are you going to call out Russia, Hamas, Iran, China or any of the other hate-filled regimes?
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:15 pm

Whilst not defending the actions of Russia I believe little attention is paid to the NATO provocation that led to their further invasion.
😅

Are you Roger Waters in disguise?

Another *rick in the wall.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:15 pm

What provocation?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

He's referring to NATO expansion into what Russia considers to be its natural sphere of influence, and the CIA-led* Maidan protests in 2014 that led to the collapse of the Russian-backed government and the eventual election of the the pro-Western Zelenskyy government.

*Yes. It's a conspiracy theory that's very popular in certain circles.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Dunners wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:52 am He's referring to NATO expansion into what Russia considers to be its natural sphere of influence, and the CIA-led* Maidan protests in 2014 that led to the collapse of the Russian-backed government and the eventual election of the the pro-Western Zelenskyy government.

What a numpty. How could he forget NATO good, Ruskies and Chi-na bad.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Dunners wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:52 am He's referring to NATO expansion into what Russia considers to be its natural sphere of influence, and the CIA-led* Maidan protests in 2014 that led to the collapse of the Russian-backed government and the eventual election of the the pro-Western Zelenskyy government.

It's a bit more than a conspiracy theory I was on about. This geo political analyst of some standing will explain it for you.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ia-ukraine
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Anyway enough of Ukraine on an Israel thread. Here's a recent positive development for the Palestinians.

Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Swastika graffiti being daubed on the walls at Oxford University

Seems the more privileged the student the harder they have to cosplay and fight. You don’t see any of this nonsense at Anglia Ruskin

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/8bc0 ... b3d5180279
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

What was that business at the Phoenix cinema in East Finchley last night? I've read that protestors were trying to pressure the cinema into not showing a film about the massacre at the Nova music festival on 7 October. Is that right?

I know that they don't like anything about Israeli victims being displayed (i.e. missing persons posters) as they think it is all part of Israeli propaganda and distracts from Gazan civilian victims. But, given that even the likes of Owen Jones acknowledges that the attack on the music festival was a bad thing, why is this film such a problem?

Or is there an actual movement that actually thinks the attacks were good thing? (as per some of the images worn by protestors in the immediate aftermath of the October 7th attack and even before Israel had launched its full military response).

Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Dunners wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:44 pm even the likes of Owen Jones acknowledges that the attack on the music festival was a bad thing
:D