RATINGS

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Blackwall O
Fresh Alias

RATINGS

Post by Blackwall O »

All on the beach

Nobody scores more than 4/10

I predict a hammering on Saturday
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: RATINGS

Post by gshaw »

Forde I'd give at least 6 for being our sole attacking threat and assist for what should've been a goal has Sotiriou had any amount of composure
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Forde was awful. Not blaming the kid, he’s mentally and physically drained after the amount of football he’s played.

Pretty much everyone looked shattered. When even El Miz has a poor game, you know you’re in trouble. And when TJ comes on and is your most dynamic player, you know it’s real trouble.
Nad2008
Fresh Alias

Post by Nad2008 »

Hoover Attack wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:08 pm Forde was awful. Not blaming the kid, he’s mentally and physically drained after the amount of football he’s played.

Pretty much everyone looked shattered. When even El Miz has a poor game, you know you’re in trouble. And when TJ comes on and is your most dynamic player, you know it’s real trouble.
To single out Forde for being awful seems strange. Was the only one who looked like making something happen for us tonight.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

We were lucky to get a draw out of that game tonight. A number of players looked like they have been over played, although it was Pigs first start for ages.
I know Pigs has many critics but what did others create for him ……..Nothing
Forde was our most threatening striker but he looked knackered by the end and it showed how threadbare our squad is.
With Agyei, Graham and Archibald we would have probably won comfortably but without them it was always gonna be a struggle against a very well organised and hard working Port Vale.
I am not looking forward to Stevenage on Saturday.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Nad2008 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:13 pm
Hoover Attack wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:08 pm Forde was awful. Not blaming the kid, he’s mentally and physically drained after the amount of football he’s played.

To single out Forde for being awful seems strange. Was the only one who looked like making something happen for us tonight.
I ‘singled’ Forde out in response to him being excused from any criticism in the post directly preceding mine.

O’Neill looked just as tired. Sanders and Piggot didn’t do anything either.

The only ones to come out with any credit at all were Brown, TJ, Prat’s, and Ruel. And none of them were above a 6/10.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Combination of fatigue, injuries, lack of depth, weird tactical set up to account for those factors and poor performances to blame there. Forde and O'Neil at least threatened in the second half, Ruel made some things happen even if he did fluff a sitter. Thought Hunt was motm but basically nothing in it.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Hoover Attack wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:21 pm

I ‘singled’ Forde out in response to him being excused from any criticism in the post directly preceding mine.

The only ones to come out with any credit at all were Brown, TJ, Prat’s, and Ruel. And none of them were above a 6/10.
Ruel? Hahahahaha
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

BoniO wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:28 pm
Hoover Attack wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:21 pm

Ruel? Hahahahaha
Ruel caused more problems in about 15 mins than Piggot has done in about 6 games
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

But still not good enough if we are serious about challenging next season
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Brynn 6
Hunt 6
Jayden 4
Beccles 5
Cooper 5
Brown 4
El Miz 5
Sanders 4
Forde 7
O Neil 5
Pigott 3

The team have lost their zing, and look jaded.
Mid table is a decent finish for us though, and with the injured players back, plus a few new decent signings, we'l be up there next season
Eggski
Fresh Alias

Post by Eggski »

All crap including the management
Winchestorfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchestorfan »

What short term memories and expectations some people have. Given the many injuries we have suffered the first consideration on our return to League One was to finish above the drop zone. Because of the injuries we will probably fall short of the play offs but we are safe and still in the top half of the league.
Who wouldn’t have been delighted at the start of the season to be guaranteed a top half position? Yes, today was a very poor performance and how refreshing to hear RW confirming this in his post match interview. Certainly, with hindsight, I’d have done much better to have stayed at home rather than deal with the usual unreliable SW railways, which extended my journey time to Leyton by over an hour, so missed the first few minutes.
Up the O’s
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Mistadobalina wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:26 pm Combination of fatigue, injuries, lack of depth, weird tactical set up to account for those factors and poor performances to blame there. Forde and O'Neil at least threatened in the second half, Ruel made some things happen even if he did fluff a sitter. Thought Hunt was motm but basically nothing in it.
What weird tactical set up?
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Pushing Sanders up to play as essentially a second forward so that there was no movement in the centre of midfield, consistently going long in the first half to O'Neil when it clearly didn't work, pushing our full backs up incredibly high leaving Cooper and Beckles - our two worst technical players - having to progress the ball.

We missed Galbraith a lot as that link between defence and midfield.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Cheshunto wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:16 pm We were lucky to get a draw out of that game tonight. A number of players looked like they have been over played, although it was Pigs first start for ages.
I know Pigs has many critics but what did others create for him ……..Nothing
Forde was our most threatening striker but he looked knackered by the end and it showed how threadbare our squad is.
With Agyei, Graham and Archibald we would have probably won comfortably but without them it was always gonna be a struggle against a very well organised and hard working Port Vale.
I am not looking forward to Stevenage on Saturday.
Neither I’m I. Play like we did in the first half last night and we’ll get battered.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Eggski wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:19 am All crap including the management
It’s not Richie’s fault that our current two first choice wingers are injured along with Dan Agyei . With those three fit and playing last night I think we would have won .
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Mistadobalina wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:33 am Pushing Sanders up to play as essentially a second forward so that there was no movement in the centre of midfield, consistently going long in the first half to O'Neil when it clearly didn't work, pushing our full backs up incredibly high leaving Cooper and Beckles - our two worst technical players - having to progress the ball.

We missed Galbraith a lot as that link between defence and midfield.
Agree we missed Galbraith but disagree with everything else.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

There you go Mistadobalina, Charles Buchan has sorted you out as to where you've gone wrong.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Until TJ came on, O'Neill was pish and being owned by their 4. I could have done no worse to that point . TJ seemed to give him the ball a bit quicker and got him to play on the half turn and he became a different player.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Having reached the heights of mediocrity, it looks like the team has reverted back to being cack artists.

Never mind, it was good while it lasted.

Having seen Piggot at Carlisle my conclusion was he's not a striker. He didn't score that day and let's face it even Cureton scored at Carlisle. I know this, because I was there.
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

Was a poor quality game, one of the worst I've seen for a while, livened up a bit towards the end, but had 0-0 all over it from early on. Passing was at times awful, any ball over the top rarely found the right man.

No one really came out of it with any credit, Vale keeper did nothing wrong, not that he had much to do.

I felt a bit sorry for Pigott, he had absolutely no service at all.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:53 am Having reached the heights of mediocrity, it looks like the team has reverted back to being cack artists.

Never mind, it was good while it lasted.

Having seen Piggot at Carlisle my conclusion was he's not a striker. He didn't score that day and let's face it even Cureton scored at Carlisle. I know this, because I was there.
Max your back me old jock👍 let’s face it if you can’t beat Lincoln, Burton, Bristol, Rovers and Port Vale at home then you don’t deserve to be in the playoffs. Our home form this season hasn’t been the best in fact our away form has been better imo. Yes we’ve had horrendous injuries this season but we’ve also been a little Jekyll and Hyde. Let’s see if the board back Wellens (if he’s here)next season, personally I’m not holding my breath on that one. All very well given it Bertie big bananas like “we are going for it” and then sign two kids who haven’t played senior football and a player that’s banned for six games. Season was well and truly over at the end of the last window.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Is that Lincoln who scored 6 last night and are 3 points off the play offs?
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Story of O wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:48 pm Is that Lincoln who scored 6 last night and are 3 points off the play offs?
Yes it’s the same Lincoln that were in a poor run of form when we played them and it’s the same Lincoln that went and signed Taylor from Luton in the last window and it’s the same Taylor that’s banging in the the goals.