Support

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Gloucester-O
Fresh Alias

Support

Post by Gloucester-O »

I was at Cheltenham today and at the start of the match the support was great, drummer and singing quality, BUT, I have to say the language aimed at god knows who was appalling.

I am not a prude, but when I hear shouting out "you f***ing fat C**t" being continually shouted out with the C word shouted out to the Cheltenham staff, who are there to make sure everyone is safe and players, I have to say it was embarresing I took my mate who has never been to a football ground before, he said if thats what its like no thanks.

Not a good advert on the pitch and not a good advert from some (NOT ALL) of our fans today.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Support

Post by Daily Express bot »

I was not there but I am so against this behaviour as I have mentioned before. It achieves nothing except deterring people from attending like your Gloucester-o’s friend, is embarrassing and bad for the club as we are acting as ambassadors for the Club when travelling away to support them.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

I’m guessing that as our supporter base is growing we are attracting some less desirable people amongst our fans.
If the stewards that this was aimed at could identify the culprits then maybe they could have got the police involved.
We were rightly aggrieved at the bad behaviour by Wimbledon’s stewards last season and if I remember they were punished by their club, so it works both ways.
Yesterday’s behaviour doesn’t reflect well on LOFC unfortunately but I’m not sure there’s much the club can do.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Cheshunto wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:47 am I’m guessing that as our supporter base is growing we are attracting some less desirable people amongst our fans.
If the stewards that this was aimed at could identify the culprits then maybe they could have got the police involved.
We were rightly aggrieved at the bad behaviour by Wimbledon’s stewards last season and if I remember they were punished by their club, so it works both ways.
Yesterday’s behaviour doesn’t reflect well on LOFC unfortunately but I’m not sure there’s much the club can do.
I don’t think old bill are going to arrest someone for saying a rude word.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

S4 and S5 of the Public Order Act make it a criminal offence
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

why I don't go to away games so much any more was at Northampton and it was embarrassing. Seems these people are the hard-core as also went to Charlton and it wasn't as prevalent there.
LPE
Fresh Alias

Post by LPE »

It’s a tough one and it can depend on the away match and who has travelled.

Charlton there were quite a few of these types heavily on the chisel and it took every ounce of control to not iron out a couple of thoroughly offensive jokers (important not to stoop to their level).

Yet at Exeter there was the nicest atmosphere and no funny business at all throughout the day and at the match.

However, at home matches you know where these types sit so it’s easily avoided. The older I get the more I swerve anything where I’m just listening or engaging with angry people out for a chemical of testosterone fuelled jolly. I’m going to get crucified for this no doubt but it’s the same when Home Counties people (especially from Essex) come into London for a play up. I avoid drinking anywhere in the East End on a Saturday when the weekend warrior hordes converge on our side of the City.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

JimbO wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:29 am why I don't go to away games so much any more was at Northampton and it was embarrassing. Seems these people are the hard-core as also went to Charlton and it wasn't as prevalent there.
Got two guys that sit in front of us in the east stand that continually swear and goad the opposing fans,one day there going to get what they deserve and I’m going to enjoy every minute
LPE
Fresh Alias

Post by LPE »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:03 am
JimbO wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:29 am why I don't go to away games so much any more was at Northampton and it was embarrassing. Seems these people are the hard-core as also went to Charlton and it wasn't as prevalent there.
Got two guys that sit in front of us in the east stand that continually swear and goad the opposing fans,one day there going to get what they deserve and I’m going to enjoy every minute
I’m pretty sure I know exactly who you’re talking about.
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

Our 'moron count' seemed to increase when we were at the top of National, and has continued to grow.
Of course, most Orient fans are decent, and in fact many (in my experience) are lovely people.

I have taken a similar view though Jim, and just decided I don't want to spend Saturday afternoons (at no little expense and effort, for away games anyway), "guilty" by association with these lobotomised coked-up primates.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

LPE wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:06 am
Two bald guys ?
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:29 am

Two bald guys ?
We had one in the Gallery area last season………swearing out loud and the Ref and opposing players etc
We had a word with the stewards and haven’t seen him since.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

We need to have a few normal underachieving seasons to iron them all out. Don't worry, we'll get back to the everyone loves Little Leyton Orient soon.
LPE
Fresh Alias

Post by LPE »

Two bald guys ?

Correct. Father & son.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

LPE wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:58 am

Two bald guys ?

Correct. Father & son.
Don’t know why they bother, there more concerned about the away supporters than the game🤷‍♀️ you must sit near us, you can tell who we are, we always have our head in our hands😂
LPE
Fresh Alias

Post by LPE »

Haha. Yes, we must be very close as they’re directly in front of me, 6-7 rows.
Neptune's Spear
Fresh Alias

Post by Neptune's Spear »

Gloucester-O wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:09 am I was at Cheltenham today and at the start of the match the support was great, drummer and singing quality, BUT, I have to say the language aimed at god knows who was appalling.

I am not a prude, but when I hear shouting out "you f***ing fat C**t" being continually shouted out with the C word shouted out to the Cheltenham staff, who are there to make sure everyone is safe and players, I have to say it was embarresing I took my mate who has never been to a football ground before, he said if thats what its like no thanks.

Not a good advert on the pitch and not a good advert from some (NOT ALL) of our fans today.
Your spelling is embarrassing
Last edited by Neptune's Spear on Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Two bald guys ?

Correct. Father & son.
Does the younger one have glasses? Used to crack me up when they riled up the away fans, the belly rubbing was particularly amusing :lol:
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:17 am

Two bald guys ?

Correct. Father & son.
Don’t know why they bother, there more concerned about the away supporters than the game🤷‍♀️ you must sit near us, you can tell who we are, we always have our head in our hands😂
I don’t understand people like that either, why do they bother to come to football after paying good money for a ticket and then spend the whole time goading the opposition fans…………..Have a word with a steward and let him talk to them, that’s what they’re there for.
Gloucester-O
Fresh Alias

Post by Gloucester-O »

Neptune's Spear, my spelling may not be as good as perhaps it should be, but my point is still valid.

By the way your prenunciation is equally embarrasing, it sould read "Your spelling is embarassing", NOT You're (as in you are) spelling embarrassing".

Just as a side issue mate I am partially blind and therefore can't always see clearly everything that I type.

Have a nice day and happy Christmas.
Neptune's Spear
Fresh Alias

Gloucester-O wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:08 pm Neptune's Spear, my spelling may not be as good as perhaps it should be, but my point is still valid.

By the way your prenunciation is equally embarrasing, it sould read "Your spelling is embarassing", NOT You're (as in you are) spelling embarrassing".

Just as a side issue mate I am partially blind and therefore can't always see clearly everything that I type.

If you're such a delicate flower that gets upset by a bit a swearing then just go to the ballet at Sadlers Wells
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Neptune's Spear wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:15 pm
Gloucester-O wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:08 pm Neptune's Spear, my spelling may not be as good as perhaps it should be, but my point is still valid.

If you're such a delicate flower that gets upset by a bit a swearing then just go to the ballet at Sadlers Wells
What an a-hole you are.
Neptune's Spear
Fresh Alias

BoniO wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:18 pm

What an a-hole you are.
From everything youve ever posted its clear that you're an expert in being ab a hole ;-)
Neptune's Spear
Fresh Alias

Neptune's Spear wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:28 pm
BoniO wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:18 pm
What an a-hole you are.
From everything youve ever posted its clear that you're an expert in being an a hole ;-)
PS. I shouldn't really call you an a hole, a holes are useful
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Hehe - doing as well on this thread as you are on the Israel thread. Never mind mate.