Macclesfield fan in peace

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

SilkmenRyan
Fresh Alias

Macclesfield fan in peace

Post by SilkmenRyan »

I’ve got a very strong question for everyone on this forum. Why does the vast majority of orient fans call us a “ poor “ team? What happened last season to us is basically come and gone. This is a new season, we have new players, Sol is starting his first full season for us with his own style of play and so on. I just want to know where everyone gets their ideas from when you all call Macclesfield poor opposition. I thought the last 2 games we’ve performed very well and every single Macclesfield fan has changed opinions massively from pre season. Our team actually look like they won’t be beaten easily. Especially from last seasons dire team!!
By the way. I think your lot will be challenging a top 10 spot, just as I think we will be this season. Never listen to bookies odds. They mean absolutely nothing as you all will know from our national league title season. I wish you all good luck for the rest of the season. R.I.P Justin. STID!
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Re: Macclesfield fan in peace

Post by Lucky7 »

Personally I thought you where the much better team yesterday and deserved your win
Sol Campbell has/is hopefully turning it around for you just like Justin Edinburgh did for us
Some Orient fans unfortunately have short memories and forget our club was in dire straits
Good luck to Macclesfield for the rest of the season 👍
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Think a lot of our fans looked at the bookies odds and were too hard of thinking to see beyond that.

It's also confirmation bias towards their views. We also have a lot of fans who lash out whenever we lose or just simply throw in the towel (the sort you're glad were not in the trenches).
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

I loved the match announcers enthusiasm as well
He sounded like the guy from hi de hi😂👍
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Just reading your forum to check what I'd read elsewhere but it seems until the tail end of last week Macclesfield didn't have enough players to fill the bench? Looks like the signings that were made had a big impact though, we need a bit of that.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

I thought Macclesfield were a limited but well organised and effective side. There wasn't much obvious wuality but they made it very difficult and adapted to the conditions better. As soon as they went ahead, it was clear that they were going to be very difficult to score against and they really got under our skins.

I think they will be the sort of side that are very difficult to beat at home.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

SilkmenRyan wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:04 pm This is a new season, we have new players, Sol is starting his first full season for us with his own style of play and so on. I just want to know where everyone gets their ideas from when you all call Macclesfield poor opposition. I thought the last 2 games we’ve performed very well and every single Macclesfield fan has changed opinions massively from pre season. Our team actually look like they won’t be beaten easily. Especially from last seasons dire team!!
Presumably we’re getting our opinion from the same place that all your fans are?
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

Thought we would win based on nothing.

Not really overly surprised as we are not entitled to beat anyone (plus it's an unpredictable Orient as usual) as the last two seasons in the non league has shown.Not so sure we will finish in a top ten spot but here's hoping.

Well done on your win and good luck to you.
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

SilkmenRyan wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:04 pm I’ve got a very strong question for everyone on this forum. Why does the vast majority of orient fans call us a “ poor “ team? What happened last season to us is basically come and gone. This is a new season, we have new players, Sol is starting his first full season for us with his own style of play and so on. I just want to know where everyone gets their ideas from when you all call Macclesfield poor opposition. I thought the last 2 games we’ve performed very well and every single Macclesfield fan has changed opinions massively from pre season. Our team actually look like they won’t be beaten easily. Especially from last seasons dire team!!
By the way. I think your lot will be challenging a top 10 spot, just as I think we will be this season. Never listen to bookies odds. They mean absolutely nothing as you all will know from our national league title season. I wish you all good luck for the rest of the season. R.I.P Justin. STID!
All based on last season. You deserved your win - you played well - good defenders and a strong centre forward. Good first goal. You should do fine this season but not so sure about us.
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

Have a lot of time for Sol Campbell, top pro willing to drop divisions to get a managerial appointment, unlike many, and in difficult circumstances too. Followed your results with extra interest last season SilkmenRyan, was delighted you stayed up, and wish you well for continued improvement this season.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Would be good for some of those who were having big hissy fits to come in here and air their views
Joe_Mayo
Fresh Alias

Post by Joe_Mayo »

SilkmenRyan wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:04 pm I’ve got a very strong question for everyone on this forum. Why does the vast majority of orient fans call us a “ poor “ team? What happened last season to us is basically come and gone. This is a new season, we have new players, Sol is starting his first full season for us with his own style of play and so on. I just want to know where everyone gets their ideas from when you all call Macclesfield poor opposition. I thought the last 2 games we’ve performed very well and every single Macclesfield fan has changed opinions massively from pre season. Our team actually look like they won’t be beaten easily. Especially from last seasons dire team!!
I didn't get why Macclesfield were made relegation favourites by the bookies. You've only lost 3 out of the last 12 which is closer to promotion form.
As for Leyton Orient , we have a number of players that are unproven at this level so we just have to see how they adapt.
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

I did actually mention that Macclesfield did well against Exeter in the first game. However, I did think with defence being our supposed strong point we would have enough to nick it.

TBH it isn't personal and I think most clubs fans will be at it. We don't watch the opposition every week, and Macclesfield are still favourites for relegation. But put a few results like that together and the 'poor side' tag drops away.

When we were outsiders at League One I am sure opposition forums would be full of the same stuff when we turned over other teams. People don't appreciate we were punching heavily above our weight, and getting a win without some champagne performance means you don't get the credit you deserve.

Think Sol Campbell lacks friends in the press, his coverage is really non-existent unless he says something eccentric. His job to save Macclesfield last year was a great achievement considering resources. Had it been Wayne Rooney or someone they be claiming he was some type of genius.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

I thought they were relatively solid and made us look awful. Time will tell if we are just sh*t or they are very good.

Despite the shithousery, I did think Vassel (centre back?) looked decent and the two centre mids we pretty comfortable.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Ignore them geezer 95% of them on here are practising IMBECILES who behave like 5 year olds when we lose.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Beat Blackpool away last night on pens and were winning til a 90th mom pen...
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

Hasn't been back.Is this another "Spen" alias?