There will be……

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: There will be……

Post by Long slender neck »

Winchestorfan wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:29 am
Max B Gold wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:26 am Let me tell you something about the Titanic: people forget that on the Titanic’s maiden voyage there were over 1000 miles of uneventful, very pleasurable cruising before it hit the iceberg.
If this is your idea of being funny then you are one very sick man. Next you’ll say that all the victims of the 9/11 disaster had a lovely morning before the terrorist attack. What about those footballers who gave their lives in WWl what analogy can you make with that to carry on your disgusting theme.
I have no idea who you are or what you do but you should hang your face in shame.
You sir, are an absolute disgrace to our football club.
Just when you think this thread cant get any dumber.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Top of the JES wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:03 pm
The Reverend - A truly awful alias and wind up merchant - suddenly appears as the moral compass of the board.
What do you mean “suddenly”? I’ve always been the guiding light of morality on this heathen board
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Long slender neck wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:02 am
Max B Gold wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:26 am Let me tell you something about the Titanic: people forget that on the Titanic’s maiden voyage there were over 1000 miles of uneventful, very pleasurable cruising before it hit the iceberg.
If this is your idea of being funny then you are one very sick man. Next you’ll say that all the victims of the 9/11 disaster had a lovely morning before the terrorist attack. What about those footballers who gave their lives in WWl what analogy can you make with that to carry on your disgusting theme.
I have no idea who you are or what you do but you should hang your face in shame.
Bet it got a few laffs though.
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

Max B Gold wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:35 am

No.

Being crass and sensationalist isn’t funny, just plain dumb.

But I suspect you know that.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

FrankOFile wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:06 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:35 am

No.

Being crass and sensationalist isn’t funny, just plain dumb.

But I suspect you know that.
Then you have Mr Alan Partridge to blame.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

I dont think so
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

His words. Not mine.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

A thread about a supposed Leyton Orient super fan digging out “doom mongers” who apparently vacate the board when Orient win, which anyone who clicks on a single thread related to Saturdays game can see is nonsense, has descended into people arguing about the ethics of making jokes about a ship which sank over 100 years ago.

This board is magnificent. I love it.
LeighO
Fresh Alias

Post by LeighO »

Too soon?
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

…an answer.
Dan Agyei.

Dan Agyei
Dan Agyei
Dan Agyei
Dan Agyei

Wellens words of wisdom
Dan AG-ee
VeganO
Fresh Alias

Post by VeganO »

Top of the JES wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:47 am
Monkey Boy wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:35 am
Top of the JES wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:22 am

Still ranting.oh dear I think we are getting under team negatives skin.
Getting under our skin🤭🤔 two posts ranting one after the other tuffers. Kettle and black comes to mind. My job is done for the day. I’m off to golf with mates you carry on making love to your keyboard.have a nice day and hope they let you out to wonder the grounds at some point. Get some sun mate it will do you a power of good❤️🙈
I'm not ranting at all I can't get worked up over you and your negative mates, what happened to you not responding to my posts that didn't last long. always want the last word.
:off

And you clearly don't, with this post! :D

As has more or less been said, this thread is comedy gold.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

The Reverend wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:18 pm A thread about a supposed Leyton Orient super fan digging out “doom mongers” who apparently vacate the board when Orient win, which anyone who clicks on a single thread related to Saturdays game can see is nonsense,
This does happen, though.

Traffic is always far quieter after a win than a loss. All those that love to come on here and moan and whine do not turn up to discuss a win or a decent performance.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

For the record, we have the makings of a very decent L1 side in the very near future. The squad has been stretched with some unfortunate injuries and some of the late arrivals are still getting up to speed. The management have got a couple of tactical decisions wrong, but called most of them right. We will win some games and put in some decent performances along the way, we will also lose a few.

Please can all the happy clappies and doom mongers at each end of the Orient fan spectrum please keep that in mind for the next game, please?
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Well I thought this was funny.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Max Fowler wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:47 am For the record, we have the makings of a very decent L1 side in the very near future. The squad has been stretched with some unfortunate injuries and some of the late arrivals are still getting up to speed. The management have got a couple of tactical decisions wrong, but called most of them right. We will win some games and put in some decent performances along the way, we will also lose a few.

Please can all the happy clappies and doom mongers at each end of the Orient fan spectrum please keep that in mind for the next game, please?
I will try and keep this in mind but I suspect I will be overcome at some stage by emotion and severe irrationality.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Max Fowler wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:47 am For the record, we have the makings of a very decent L1 side in the very near future. The squad has been stretched with some unfortunate injuries and some of the late arrivals are still getting up to speed. The management have got a couple of tactical decisions wrong, but called most of them right. We will win some games and put in some decent performances along the way, we will also lose a few.

So in other words you are forecasting defeat this Saturday..
(I am too, by the way)
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:52 am

(I am too, by the way)
Not at all. I'm not aware of any new injuries this week so there's no reason we won't go there and put in another good performance.

The happy clappies that come on after every win to dig out the doom mongers are just as galling.
Wally Banter
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Wally Banter »

Agreed. It’ll be a long and tedious message board season while we win and lose a fairly similar number of games.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Max Fowler wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:15 am
Chief crazy horse wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:52 am

(I am too, by the way)
Not at all. I'm not aware of any new injuries this week so there's no reason we won't go there and put in another good performance.

The happy clappies that come on after every win to dig out the doom mongers are just as galling.
You have some very good points max, personally I see the team a bit like a Jekyll & Hyde side, but I think it depends on how the opposition lines up and what system they play. Think we can more than match a passing team not so sure against a more physical one(Stevenage)🙈
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

We can match Stevenage but not with an average age of 21 and with the like of Beckles, Piggot and Pratley sitting on the bench.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Beradogs wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:51 am
I know it’s wrong but I to thought it funny 🙈
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Monkey Boy wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:59 am
Beradogs wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:51 am
I know it’s wrong but I to thought it funny 🙈
FFS it's too as in also not to.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Two👍🙊
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Max Fowler wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:43 am
The Reverend wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:18 pm A thread about a supposed Leyton Orient super fan digging out “doom mongers” who apparently vacate the board when Orient win, which anyone who clicks on a single thread related to Saturdays game can see is nonsense,
This does happen, though.

Traffic is always far quieter after a win than a loss. All those that love to come on here and moan and whine do not turn up to discuss a win or a decent performance.
Traffic is quieter, possibly, but the idea that certain boarders vanish after a win is just nonsense.

What does happen is that after a win threads are generally shorter as most are in agreement with the positive sentiments. So much so that people like the op have to start nonsense threads like this.

After a loss anyone who posts criticism, no matter how justified, is pounced on by the likes of the op in a strange demonstration of “look how much of a super fan I am, I’d never say anything remotely negative about Orient”. Almost every line of attack from the likes of the op lead to “you’re not an real fan” or some other absurd accusation of a boarder being a West Ham fan just because they questioned a poor performance. It’s juvenile, toxic and just a bit sad.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

It's not nonsense though. Some of the biggest moaners are always conspicuous by their absence when we've played really well. To claim otherwise is just gaslighting.