Macca Bonne

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Macca Bonne

Post by The Reverend »

First game of the season and his finds himself without a club. Strange situation really. I suppose he’s asking for wages (or his agent is) that clubs at the level he is at can’t afford.

I can see him being a free agent until someone picks him up in Jan.

If Gills wanted him/could afford him they’d have snapped him up by now.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

The Reverend wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:19 am First game of the season and his finds himself without a club. Strange situation really. I suppose he’s asking for wages (or his agent is) that clubs at the level he is at can’t afford.

I find this very strange as well, he’s not going to get an offer from a club higher than league one ?and if Gillingham are not willing to pay his wages then I don’t know who can. Greed comes to mind but there again we don’t know the full story. Shame still think he has something to offer.🙈
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:56 am
The Reverend wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:19 am First game of the season and his finds himself without a club. Strange situation really. I suppose he’s asking for wages (or his agent is) that clubs at the level he is at can’t afford.

I find this very strange as well, he’s not going to get an offer from a club higher than league one ?and if Gillingham are not willing to pay his wages then I don’t know who can. Greed comes to mind but there again we don’t know the full story. Shame still think he has something to offer.🙈
If it is down to greed then he has to be more realistic . Earning a fair wage for league 1 or 2 level is better than nothing . If he does well then he has the potential to move back up again with better wages . its down to him to deliver on the pitch .
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

By now many clubs at L1/L2 level (Bonne's level) have spent a majority of their budgets and are just finessing their squads. Either he takes a pay cut or plays a long game and waits as a free agent for an injury at a club that cannot then afford to be without a striker. A dangerous game, as he does not have a great record this past season. Failing that he migt have to eat humble pie in January, as his value would have fallen.

Who knows, it will all come out in the wash.
Petrov788
Fresh Alias

Post by Petrov788 »

I know a club that desperately needs a striker...
essexfootball
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by essexfootball »

The biggest problem for himself and the club he signs for now is unless he signs pretty ASAP everyone else has had a full pre-season, Bonne is going to come in cold and weeks behind
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

I thought most squads need “a fox in the box”….
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Wouldn’t be surprised if we still sign him. We desperately need someone like him and Ling has said that once players stop getting paid then wage demands come down. He’d be sensible to come back to us with a more realistic wage demand and we’d be sensible to swallow our pride and sign him
Mike pinner
Fresh Alias

Post by Mike pinner »

I'd love him back even if it's just to resurrect his song!
Neptune's Spear
Fresh Alias

Post by Neptune's Spear »

Unfortunately, after 4 games when we've had just 3 shots and scored one goal, we're gonna regret not taking him back big time
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Neptune's Spear wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:19 pm Unfortunately, after 4 games when we've had just 3 shots and scored one goal, we're gonna regret not taking him back big time
With so many long term injuries to our forward line could really do with him now.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Neptune's Spear wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:19 pm Unfortunately, after 4 games when we've had just 3 shots and scored one goal, we're gonna regret not taking him back big time
That's my fear as well .
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

He'll sign for someone else , that would suit me , I don't want someone who's only coming to us cos he can't go elsewhere 🤔
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

BIGRON wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:37 pm He'll sign for someone else , that would suit me , I don't want someone who's only coming to us cos he can't go elsewhere 🤔
I understand your point Ron but if Macca could score us the goals to keep us up I'd think again . Saying that , we don't know yet who the club have identified to bring in next . Whoever it is might be a better player than Macca . According to Richie we're hoping to bring in another player during the next four or five days so we'll see . Whoever it is I hope we could have had him for today because we need him
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

Situation now changed with the injuries, expect Macca to sign in next few days.
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:09 pm
BIGRON wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:37 pm He'll sign for someone else , that would suit me , I don't want someone who's only coming to us cos he can't go elsewhere 🤔
I understand your point Ron but if Macca could score us the goals to keep us up I'd think again . Saying that , we don't know yet who the club have identified to bring in next . Whoever it is might be a better player than Macca . According to Richie we're hoping to bring in another player during the next four or five days so we'll see . Whoever it is I hope we could have had him for today because we need him
Not 100% sure we need anyone specifically for “ today” ? It’s one match out of forty six! Even without the current injury setbacks to Drinan & Agyei we were short up front imho. Waiting another week or so to get the right man in - especially if it is to be a signing on a permanent contract - makes sense to me.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

My honest opinion is it won't be Macca . I think it will be a youngster on loan from either the Championship or Premiership
Eggski
Fresh Alias

Post by Eggski »

I don't think he would fit in under RW ,
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:34 pm My honest opinion is it won't be Macca . I think it will be a youngster on loan from either the Championship or Premiership
Loan out Sotiriou to L2 / NL with recall clause, replace with this rumored Watford youth player

Make Bonne an offer, at least he'll give you the workrate and presence
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Christ, what is is it about Bonne? Why pin your hopes on a bloke who hasn't been cutting it for some time and RW doesn't want. There is better out there.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

What's so stupid about it is that there are dozens of potential strikers all with different skill sets that suit Wellens style to different degrees, but because we've seen the one player do well 5 years ago under a different system in a different league, people are obsessing over him.
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

Lingy has just plugged in the percolator
Expect Macca to sign before next w/end
Welcome back Macca B
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

BoniO wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:25 pm Christ, what is is it about Bonne? Why pin your hopes on a bloke who hasn't been cutting it for some time and RW doesn't want. There is better out there.
Question remains to be seen whether there really is at this point. If it's a choice of an unproven kid from U23s or Bonne I'd rather have a senior pro who's been around a bit.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

gshaw wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:23 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:34 pm My honest opinion is it won't be Macca . I think it will be a youngster on loan from either the Championship or Premiership
Loan out Sotiriou to L2 / NL with recall clause, replace with this rumored Watford youth player

Make Bonne an offer, at least he'll give you the workrate and presence
That sounds good to me .
Hedmans Header
Fresh Alias

Post by Hedmans Header »

We’d have least scored today with Bonne
up top such was our dominance in there
box in the 1st half ..
Charlton were bang average and will only
finish mid table, quality striker for us today
and we’re taking home 3 pts today