Video game recommendations

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

CEB

Video game recommendations

Post by CEB »

I’m a bit out of touch.
Got a PS5 at Christmas and have played Ratchet & Clank and Jedi Survivor. Also have PSVR2

Any suggestions? (“Grow up” variations obviously most welcome)
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Video game recommendations

Post by Long slender neck »

Still got so much PS4 and Switch stuff to play that I wont get a PS5 for a while yet. Until Rockstar release something for it, I wont bite.
CEB

Post by CEB »

Yeah, that was sort of my thinking - though Jedi Survivor might have swayed me anyway.
Was very nice getting a PSVR2 for my birthday but I feel bad because it’s gathering dust already because there really isn’t much out for it.
leebmx
Fresh Alias

Post by leebmx »

Elden Ring
Last of us 1 and 2
Red Dead Redemption 2

Last 2 are PS4 games but hold up.

Also Hades and God of War:Ragnarok (play first game
as well if not done so)

It’s quite hard to recommend without knowing what kind of games you like and whether you had a console in the previous generation. If you didn’t have a PS4 there are a whole
load of amazing titles to catch up depending what you like.
CEB

Post by CEB »

Yeah I had a ps4, though didn’t play much for the last 3-4 years. Have played RDR2 & the Last of Us games though, all right up my street.

I’m a big fan of any game where you walk into a tavern and get given little tasks like rescuing a village elder’s niece, or hunting down a suspected Vampire, that sort of thing. Skyrim/Witcher type stuff
Orient Punxx
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient Punxx »

“Phoenix” 😍
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Orient Punxx wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:36 pm “Phoenix” 😍
Got bored with some of the new offerings a few years ago & bought myself an atari & a philips/magnavox . Was great fun playing some of the old games, phoenix included
Friend or fart
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Friend or fart »

read a few books instead. Try getting a life. People old enough to come on this Board, shouldn't be talking about playing " games "
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

:clown
Orient Punxx
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient Punxx »

Friend or faux wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:36 pm read a few books instead. Try getting a life. People old enough to come on this Board, shouldn't be talking about playing " games "
😂😂😂
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

I am currently playing Lego Bricktales which is sort of an engineering game, building lego structures to accomplish a task. Very good.

I've really enjoyed some coop games over the last few years such as luigis mansion 3, untitled goose game and pikuniku.

Xcom2 a tactical game ive spent many hours in.

Wreckfest for crashing cars
CEB

Post by CEB »

Friend or faux wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:36 pm read a few books instead. Try getting a life. People old enough to come on this Board, shouldn't be talking about playing " games "

Eager to hear what “books” you think I should read. As far as I’m concerned, books are overrated as an art form. “Guess what happens at the end” or “Guess what political point im gonna make”. Literature is OK if you wanna be impressing someone at a dinner party but in the real world, it’s over. Every video game I’ve played has been more worthwhile culturally than even the most highly rated book - why read about a sailor obsessed with finding one whale when you can play a game where you actually get to hunt aliens?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Mods, can you move this thread to the Junior O's section of the MB where it is sure to gain more traction.

Cheers and thank you.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Max B Gold wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:27 pm Mods, can you move this thread to the Junior O's section of the MB where it is sure to gain more traction.

Cheers and thank you.
Sorry, i will be leaving it here in the Legacy Fans section.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Long slender neck wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:45 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:27 pm Mods, can you move this thread to the Junior O's section of the MB where it is sure to gain more traction.

Cheers and thank you.
Sorry, i will be leaving it here in the Legacy Fans section.
Oks. Any news on the OAP section going live.
Friend or fart
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Friend or fart »

CEB :- Eager to hear what “books” you think I should read. As far as I’m concerned, books are overrated as an art form. “Guess what happens at the end” or “Guess what political point im gonna make”. Literature is OK if you wanna be impressing someone at a dinner party but in the real world, it’s over. Every video game I’ve played has been more worthwhile culturally than even the most highly rated book - why read about a sailor obsessed with finding one whale when you can play a game where you actually get to hunt aliens?
I say:- Do you mind if I send that off to Private Eye's Pseud's Corner?
CEB

Post by CEB »

Lol what does “Pseud” mean? Did you mean “Sued”? Lol it’s not me who needs to read books. But unsure why you think I’ve libelled you
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Friend or faux wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:51 pm CEB :- Eager to hear what “books” you think I should read. As far as I’m concerned, books are overrated as an art form. “Guess what happens at the end” or “Guess what political point im gonna make”. Literature is OK if you wanna be impressing someone at a dinner party but in the real world, it’s over. Every video game I’ve played has been more worthwhile culturally than even the most highly rated book - why read about a sailor obsessed with finding one whale when you can play a game where you actually get to hunt aliens?
I say:- Do you mind if I send that off to Private Eye's Pseud's Corner?
Careful frothy ,He will challenge your winkle size & your mental heath. Unlike me who just curses @ you !
leebmx
Fresh Alias

Post by leebmx »

CEB wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:34 am Yeah I had a ps4, though didn’t play much for the last 3-4 years. Have played RDR2 & the Last of Us games though, all right up my street.

I’m a big fan of any game where you walk into a tavern and get given little tasks like rescuing a village elder’s niece, or hunting down a suspected Vampire, that sort of thing. Skyrim/Witcher type stuff
Have to play Elden Ring then. That will keep you occupied for 6 months or so...
Friend or fart
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Friend or fart »

CEB I take that you are frit to be named & shamed in that illustrious organ. I guessed as much.
Constanza
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Constanza »

I enjoy Word Chums if anyone fancies a game.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Wordle is all you need. Would be just as good in 3D I expect
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Video games are good for increasing grey matter in the brain and better cognitive performance, you should try playing a few.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Adults have been playing "games" for centuries. Be it card games, board games etc.
Friend or fart
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Friend or fart »

Spend a little time watching punters playing these vacuous games. I have seen little evidence of them increasing grey matter. I have conducted private research and I am beginning to come to the conclusion that someone's addiction to video gaming is likely to be in inverse proportion to their IQ.
Peter Grimson Harvard University has found: There is strong evidence.- Gaming has also been associated with sleep deprivation, insomnia and circadian rhythm disorders, depression, aggression, and anxiety.
Buy some books & read 'em.