Season Ticket Sales

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Season Ticket Sales

Post by The Reverend »

spen666 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:02 pm
The Reverend wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:40 pm
Cheshunto wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:26 pm As I thought the deadline has been extended to 7th June to try to reach the 4,500 figure, when the club will cap any further sales.
I understand that the cap is to leave seats available for casual fans who can’t commit to a season ticket and I think this makes sense.
I wonder how many away fans we will allow in………..teams like Derby, Portsmouth, Reading could probably fill the East stand but that would mean moving our fans with East Stand season tickets.
Moving home fans with season tickets to accommodate away fans is ridiculous.
The club wanting to maximise its income, so as to be better able to compete is ridiculous?

Who would want the club to be able to compete financially in this division?
Any home fan who has to give up their seat for some tramp from Derby or Pompy should ask for a refund for the rest of their season ticket.
So is it ok, if they are smartly dressed persons from Derby or Portsmouth ? What about away fans who live outside Derby or Portsmouth, but support those teams?
Taking absolute liberties if the club do that.
As long as the club move fans in East Stand to a seat of equal value, those relocated haven't got a leg to stand on legally (obviously in any event, standing in an all seated ground is illegal). There have been a number of cases where this has been decided in court. Moving someone out of East Stand to North Stand would give rise to grounds for complaint, but the only damages would be the difference in cost for that one game between the value of the respective seats, so probably less than £5 per person

I do not see any mention of fans in East Stand being moved in literature around season ticket sales. They have sometimes included that in the literature, so perhaps club may not be looking at doing this?
I never said it was illegal as I’m sure it’s not - but it’s a completely unacceptable way to treat your most loyal fans.

Considering the amount of “sell outs” over the past couple of years I seriously cannot see us struggling to sell enough home tickets for these matches against titans of football like derby and Reading(!)

If the club wants to give my seat to an away fan then the club can have it back for good as it clearly doesn’t value the amount of times I sit in it throughout the years to turf me out for a few extra quid. If this happens to me (in any stand) the few extra pounds they receive will quickly be lost by fact that I’ll not renew my season ticket again next season.

As you correctly pointed out nowhere has the club actually said they will do this, but I’m making my stance clear now in case we have to revisit this topic later on down the line.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Loyal_Supporter wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:28 pm
TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:21 am They've extended the early bird price because they always do, to give anyone wavering a last chance to get in before the prices go up.

All this nonsense on caps is the new bit. Of course they won't cap season ticket sales.
Well they should. There is evidence in the North Stand that there are quite a few ST season ticket holders who don't turn up for most games.
Let's see that evidence
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2023/ ... vVR62eHDUo

Update - Thurs 1st June 16:30

The Club encourages all 2022/23 Season Card Holders who are yet to renew not to delay applying for their 2023/24 Season Card. The Club estimates there is a greater number of Season Card Holders yet to renew than seats left for Season Card sales.

Because of this, those yet to renew are now at risk of missing the opportunity to confirm their seat for 2023/24.

To avoid disappointment, Season Card Holders should not leave their renewal until the last minute.
Orient_Man_And_Boy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient_Man_And_Boy »

“ The Club estimates there is a greater number of Season Card Holders yet to renew than seats left for Season Card sales.”

Ok, I know I’m over the hill but this does not compute with me?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Orient_Man_And_Boy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:37 am “ The Club estimates there is a greater number of Season Card Holders yet to renew than seats left for Season Card sales.”

probably all the ghost kids who bought so uncles freinds dog walkers etc .........
Orient_Man_And_Boy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient_Man_And_Boy »

tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:57 am
Orient_Man_And_Boy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:37 am “ The Club estimates there is a greater number of Season Card Holders yet to renew than seats left for Season Card sales.”

probably all the ghost kids who bought so uncles freinds dog walkers etc .........
I would read the statement as ‘we have sold last season’s SC seats to people other rather than the current holder.’ Or the pool of seats has been reduced. Both are nonsense to my humble brain.

It strikes me that the ticket office is overwhelmed (but doing their level best) with queries because the software is flakey. I had to phone to renew because it was not a true renewal … I’ve tipped 65 but couldn’t change the drop option myself.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Orient_Man_And_Boy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:12 am
tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:57 am

I would read the statement as ‘we have sold last season’s SC seats to people other rather than the current holder.’ Or the pool of seats has been reduced. Both are nonsense to my humble brain.

It strikes me that the ticket office is overwhelmed (but doing their level best) with queries because the software is flakey. I had to phone to renew because it was not a true renewal … I’ve tipped 65 but couldn’t change the drop option myself.
I wasn't sure what this meant at first, I thought it was the club spouting nonsense to stoke up sales.

But it does make sense. Most of the 4,000 ST sales figure will be renewals, but some will have been new sales of previously unreserved seats.

I still refuse to believe they're going to cap STs at 4,500. The cap will only apply to the early bird discounted price, they've just been deliberately vague in their wording to encourage sales.
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Orient Punxx »

Hoping it’s not capped, waiting for the deadline to pass in order to do a new application for a seat we currently hold.
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:21 am They've extended the early bird price because they always do, to give anyone wavering a last chance to get in before the prices go up.

All this nonsense on caps is the new bit. Of course they won't cap season ticket sales.
Well they should. There is evidence in the North Stand that there are quite a few ST season ticket holders who don't turn up for most games.
Evidence of that all over the ground mate.
I probably missed about 20% of home games last season, though I endeavoured to re-sell my seat back to the club - which happened a couple of times.

This was due to going away/having other things I wanted to do etc. I guess in the eyes of some, and maybe even the club, this makes me a pariah of sorts yet I do not wish to commit to every game...although I have paid for it.

Agree with others. No way will the club enforce the cap.
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

I missed 3 games last season for various reasons didn't do the resale because didn't think it was worth it at a £5. Think they should make it half the value of ticket that they'd sell.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Scuba Diver wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:33 am

Evidence of that all over the ground mate.
I probably missed about 20% of home games last season, though I endeavoured to re-sell my seat back to the club - which happened a couple of times.

This was due to going away/having other things I wanted to do etc. I guess in the eyes of some, and maybe even the club, this makes me a pariah of sorts yet I do not wish to commit to every game...although I have paid for it.

Agree with others. No way will the club enforce the cap.
I don't think anyone would moan at someone who 'only' made it to 18 out of the 23 home league games. Especially if the ticket was put back on sale.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Update - man, they're really pushing this hard. Have we got a tax bill due or something?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi TRUMP Plumbing,

We have under 200 Season Card sales remaining until we reach our cap of 4,500.

The support shown so far has been incredible, if you want to secure your seat for next season, you need to act fast.

We are forecasted to reach our cap before today's 5pm deadline, however, the Club has confirmed that all applications received before the deadline will be accepted.

The only way to secure your Season Card for 2023/24 is to apply before today's 5pm deadline.

Get started below!
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

A cap of 4500 but if we reach that cap before 5pm we'll sell some more anyway.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

It's all very strange, and has created a lot of confusion. The ticket office can't be having much fun dealing with the punters, given the website still barely works.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

OyinbO wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:05 pm It's all very strange, and has created a lot of confusion. The ticket office can't be having much fun dealing with the punters, given the website still barely works.
Friend of mine had trouble renewing his season tickets and went down to the club shop during this week to sort it.
He said there were 4 or 5 others in there all of who had problems trying to renew online……..I feel a bit sorry for the boys and girls in the ticket office who always do their best but our website really doesn’t help their workload.

Earlier this week the club announced that the deadline was extended until Wednesday 7th June, but today announced that sales were being “ paused” after 5pm today……….wonder if we’ve reached the 4,500 target already ??
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

Am I the only one who found it really easy to renew on the website?
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Orient Punxx »

Was coming down on Tuesday to sort - fukin joke.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

They’re taking the piss really. But they know everyone is going to pony up.
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Orient Punxx »

Given all the great work over the last 5-6 years this is so amateurish it’s truly unbelievable. Communicate a deadline and then pull it. Sorry I don’t follow twitter or the club site every other hour to keep up with how the wind is blowing!
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

What a load of Bullsh!t from the Club ,
4500 cap should have been made
Crystal Clear from the start of Sales .

Are they trying to Lose new & old faans ?
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:03 am What a load of Bullsh!t from the Club ,
4500 cap should have been made
Crystal Clear from the start of Sales .

Are they trying to Lose new & old faans ?
That’s rather harsh.
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

The club announced over a week ago that they were considering capping season ticket sales. The early bird June deadline has been known for months. Any season tickets requested before the deadline will be honoured. If anyone believed Trump Plumbing and alike that sales would not be capped and they subsequently are, they only has themselves to blame. Regards extending the deadline and subsequently pausing sales, it was clearly pointed out there would be a cap, and supporters were urged to purchase straight away and not wait.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

banqo wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:41 pm Am I the only one who found it really easy to renew on the website?
Was ok until I noticed on the confirmation e mail that they wanted to send it to my old address. Got in touch and they changed it, but odd as the address changed 5 years ago
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

OyinbO wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:05 pm It's all very strange, and has created a lot of confusion. The ticket office can't be having much fun dealing with the punters, given the website still barely works.
Its their own fault, if it doesn't work then get it fixed. I get the feeling they don't do much testing.
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

banqo wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:41 pm Am I the only one who found it really easy to renew on the website?
No, was easy.