Season Ticket Sales

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Season Ticket Sales

Post by Lifelongfan »

over 4000 sold. Will be capped at 4500. What is the reason to cap the no? Surely better to get guarantedd £££ in?
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Re: Season Ticket Sales

Post by Bergen »

Very good. At this time last season it was around 2000.
LPE
Fresh Alias

Post by LPE »

Lifelongfan wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:47 pm over 4000 sold. Will be capped at 4500. What is the reason to cap the no? Surely better to get guarantedd £££ in?
I’d imagine that’s marketing spin to try to accelerate sales so more people buy and they can champion that 4.5k have been sold.

If that happens, you can then bet your life that ‘due to phenomenal demand to cheer or Richie’s boys in L1, the board have increased the cap to 5k’. Or words to that effect.

All part of the game. Fair ply to ‘em.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

As I thought the deadline has been extended to 7th June to try to reach the 4,500 figure, when the club will cap any further sales.
I understand that the cap is to leave seats available for casual fans who can’t commit to a season ticket and I think this makes sense.
I wonder how many away fans we will allow in………..teams like Derby, Portsmouth, Reading could probably fill the East stand but that would mean moving our fans with East Stand season tickets.
LPE
Fresh Alias

Post by LPE »

There are 5-6 teams who, if it was a Saturday and especially if they’re on a run, that could fill the East.

I don’t see it though. It would be a backward step after all the good work the club have done to increase home attendances.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

They won't cap season ticket sales.

It's just a marketing ploy to get as many to buy up at the early bird price and get the money in the bank. Once the deadline has passed, they revert back to the higher non-early bird price and there will be no cap.

Good stuff from the club.
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

Cheshunto wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:26 pm As I thought the deadline has been extended to 7th June to try to reach the 4,500 figure, when the club will cap any further sales.
I understand that the cap is to leave seats available for casual fans who can’t commit to a season ticket and I think this makes sense.
I wonder how many away fans we will allow in………..teams like Derby, Portsmouth, Reading could probably fill the East stand but that would mean moving our fans with East Stand season tickets.
Moving home fans with season tickets to accommodate away fans is ridiculous. Any home fan who has to give up their seat for some tramp from Derby or Pompy should ask for a refund for the rest of their season ticket. Taking absolute liberties if the club do that.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Cheshunto wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:26 pm As I thought the deadline has been extended to 7th June to try to reach the 4,500 figure, when the club will cap any further sales.
Why stop on a wednesday ?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:40 pm They won't cap season ticket sales.

It's just a marketing ploy to get as many to buy up at the early bird price and get the money in the bank. Once the deadline has passed, they revert back to the higher non-early bird price and there will be no cap.

Good stuff from the club.
But what about the 1,500 or so season ticket holders who buy out of nostalgia for 1962 and other loyalistic reasons but never show up at the ground.

Club needs to double their ticket price or introduce a scheme which incentivises them to sell their vacant seat for a real fan to occupy and moan like fuk. £12.99 would be a reasonable offer to these guys.
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:25 am
Perhaps they have extended it because some players might sign new contracts in the next few days that will encourage fans to renew. The 28 days that Orient have given players to sign is almost up. We should see more action next week.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Probably so they can extend again onto a Friday like the 9th or 16th June.
Some fans are maybe hesitant because of the usual ‘lack of signings’ in May ………Bedwetters etc 😂
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

They've extended the early bird price because they always do, to give anyone wavering a last chance to get in before the prices go up.

All this nonsense on caps is the new bit. Of course they won't cap season ticket sales.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

The Reverend wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:40 pm
Moving home fans with season tickets to accommodate away fans is ridiculous. Any home fan who has to give up their seat for some tramp from Derby or Pompy should ask for a refund for the rest of their season ticket. Taking absolute liberties if the club do that.
Yep, I agree but it’s what they did when we last played in L1 , I think.
Norwich, Southampton and Leeds all occupied the East stand IIRC
Of course that was under Barry Hearn so maybe Nigel and Kent will be different.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

I would be seriously Pissed off if they moved me from the East stand ☹️
Holybourne Identity
Fresh Alias

Post by Holybourne Identity »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:21 am All this nonsense on caps is the new bit. Of course they won't cap season ticket sales.
I think ST would be capped at a certain level - perhaps 6,000. In a 9,000 capacity stadium with 1,500 away allocation and occupancy approaching 100% LOFC dont want the same 7,500 people attending (or not attending). That is no way to grow the supporter base with new fans or keep happy those that cannot commit to a ST. Irregular attenders probably spend more per visit in the club shop and in food/drink concessions. Full occupancy with ST holders leads to stagnation in the support.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

BIGRON wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:24 am
I would be seriously Pissed off if they moved me from the East stand ☹️
I’m guessing that we probably have more East Stand season ticket holders now than we did back in the 2010 - 2014 period .
It will be interesting to see how the club deal with this problem of say Derby saying they can sell 3,000 tickets to their fans and Orient only giving them 1200, with home areas in the East with empty seats.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

The Reverend wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:40 pm
Moving home fans with season tickets to accommodate away fans is ridiculous.
The club wanting to maximise its income, so as to be better able to compete is ridiculous?

Who would want the club to be able to compete financially in this division?
Any home fan who has to give up their seat for some tramp from Derby or Pompy should ask for a refund for the rest of their season ticket.
So is it ok, if they are smartly dressed persons from Derby or Portsmouth ? What about away fans who live outside Derby or Portsmouth, but support those teams?
Taking absolute liberties if the club do that.
As long as the club move fans in East Stand to a seat of equal value, those relocated haven't got a leg to stand on legally (obviously in any event, standing in an all seated ground is illegal). There have been a number of cases where this has been decided in court. Moving someone out of East Stand to North Stand would give rise to grounds for complaint, but the only damages would be the difference in cost for that one game between the value of the respective seats, so probably less than £5 per person

I do not see any mention of fans in East Stand being moved in literature around season ticket sales. They have sometimes included that in the literature, so perhaps club may not be looking at doing this?
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Holybourne Identity wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:41 am
TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:21 am All this nonsense on caps is the new bit. Of course they won't cap season ticket sales.
I think ST would be capped at a certain level - perhaps 6,000. In a 9,000 capacity stadium with 1,500 away allocation and occupancy approaching 100% LOFC dont want the same 7,500 people attending (or not attending). That is no way to grow the supporter base with new fans or keep happy those that cannot commit to a ST. Irregular attenders probably spend more per visit in the club shop and in food/drink concessions. Full occupancy with ST holders leads to stagnation in the support.
We won't have the same issue with sell outs this season as we did last.

Regardless, there is no way the club will stop selling STs.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

spen666 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:02 pm
I do not see any mention of fans in East Stand being moved in literature around season ticket sales. They have sometimes included that in the literature, so perhaps club may not be looking at doing this?
Probably not expecting to have to do it next season - the visits from the big teams who might want more than their 15% allocation should give rise to more home fans attending too.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Cheshunto wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:53 am
Some fans are maybe hesitant because of the usual ‘lack of signings’ in May ………Bedwetters etc 😂
just extend it to a bloody friday , which is still payday for most people isnt it. STUPID DECISION to go to a Wednesday !
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:47 pm
Cheshunto wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:53 am

just extend it to a bloody friday , which is still payday for most people isnt it. STUPID DECISION to go to a Wednesday !
I agree . Anyway if we can hit the 4,500 total that would be terrific.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

The only way they’ll cap them is at the number we wouldn’t sell above anyway.

“Season tickets capped at 6000” because we’ve sold 5200 and have no chance of making 6000. It’s a clever marketing ploy
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

The Club need the money now in order to improve the contract offers to the players who are having their heads turned.
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Post by Loyal_Supporter »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:21 am They've extended the early bird price because they always do, to give anyone wavering a last chance to get in before the prices go up.

All this nonsense on caps is the new bit. Of course they won't cap season ticket sales.
Well they should. There is evidence in the North Stand that there are quite a few ST season ticket holders who don't turn up for most games.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

moonwalk19 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:42 am
Perhaps they have extended it because some players might sign new contracts in the next few days that will encourage fans to renew. The 28 days that Orient have given players to sign is almost up. We should see more action next week.
More like get the fans cash before they realise Smyth and Vigs are off.