Essex to London this Saturday

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Essex to London this Saturday

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

I'm on the the 07:48 from Kings Cross to Hartlepool this weekend, that's the easy bit. Getting to Kings Cross from Chelmsford to catch it is a bit more difficult. Anyone else in the same boat be aware:

A12 CLOSED Junctions 16 to 13 (Margaretting Bypass).
No trains between Witham and Shenfield, Bus replacement.
No Central Line between Leytonstone and White City.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Re: Essex to London this Saturday

Post by spen666 »

Elizabeth Line is running Shenfield to Liverpool St I believe, so taxi Chelmsford to Shenfield or rail replacement bus?
Last edited by spen666 on Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bethnalgreenboy
Fresh Alias

Post by bethnalgreenboy »

This might work bus from Chelmsford to Billericay. Billericay to Liverpool St
Then Underground to King's Cross
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

bethnalgreenboy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:28 pm This might work bus from Chelmsford to Billericay. Billericay to Liverpool St
Then Underground to King's Cross
I agree, that was already my planned route, an early start. Thank You.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

I'm going from Colchester and avoiding all that replacement bus stuff by going via Ipswich, Peterborough & Darlington.
Slow and a few changes but I'm on my own and like to read and listen to music. Looking forward to a relaxing day. I'm over 60 and it cost me £54 return which I feel is very reasonable.

I have an hours wait at Thornaby on the way back but there's a Weathpoons less than 10 mins walk from the station and plan to have my dinner there.
Constanza
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Constanza »

The Mindsweep wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:21 pm I'm going from Colchester and avoiding all that replacement bus stuff by going via Ipswich, Peterborough & Darlington.
Slow and a few changes but I'm on my own and like to read and listen to music. Looking forward to a relaxing day. I'm over 60 and it cost me £54 return which I feel is very reasonable.

I have an hours wait at Thornaby on the way back but there's a Weathpoons less than 10 mins walk from the station and plan to have my dinner there.
Have to say, that sounds like a perfect day.
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

Constanza wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:18 pm
The Mindsweep wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:21 pm I'm going from Colchester and avoiding all that replacement bus stuff by going via Ipswich, Peterborough & Darlington.

Have to say, that sounds like a perfect day.
Wetherspoons and perfect day do not belong in the same sentence
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

From the title I thought the cricket season might be starting early, it's cold and wet enough for the start of the cricket season :lol: :lol:
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

Great commitment. Respect to you, and enjoy the day.
EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by EH16 »

Opposite direction for me. 10AM from Edinburgh, change at Newcastle. Into Hartlepool at 12.28. £35.50 return (with my senior railcard). I too will be on my own and am happy reading or to listening to some music. All going well I should be home in Edinburgh about 9PM.
Harlow
Fresh Alias

Post by Harlow »

We did Morpeth to Edinburgh last year, it is a fabulous journey along the coast.

But you guys making all this effort, brilliant, you sound like my kind of people
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Respect to everybody who's going there tomorrow . Fingers crossed we can come away with the 3 pts .
Type high
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Type high »

Doing it in Style. Like it have good day, as for me,myself and 2 sons going by car them doing the work