Orient Hour show tonight 7pm

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Paul Hague
Fresh Alias

Re: Orient Hour show tonight 7pm

Post by Paul Hague »

CEB wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:27 am
Paul Hague wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:25 am
Long slender neck wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:14 am

What is your opinion of Lee Boyce then? When did you first know about him attacking this person?
No comment

Ooooooh scaaaared

Translation: if I disclosed when I knew, it’d be embarrassing for me
FYI the first I knew of it was actually very recently - unlucky imbecile!
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:20 am How has OFF managed to make this all about him yet again?

Please, can we keep this post on topic.
Because everyone else lets him. If people could have possessed the willpower to just, y'know, ignore the original "LOL I'll await the comments!!!" post, these threads wouldn't be this long.
Paul Hague
Fresh Alias

Post by Paul Hague »

tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:35 am
Long slender neck wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:33 am
Paul Hague wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:25 am

No comment
:(((

LOFT committee member and fanzine editor refuses to condemn thug.
Disgraceful Stance !!!!!!!!
God you lot really are thick. I don’t run Orient Hour or Phoenix FM. In fact, until a fortnight ago I hadn’t taken part in a show for about 6 months and only twice in about 14 months

Boyce has nothing to do with Panda or LOFT and finally I am not his Dad
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Paul Hague wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:40 am
Long slender neck wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:33 am

:(((

LOFT committee member and fanzine editor refuses to condemn thug.
God you lot really are thick. I don’t run Orient Hour or Phoenix FM. In fact, until a fortnight ago I hadn’t taken part in a show for about 6 months and only twice in about 14 months

Supposedly you are a fan of some stature & profile , therefore you should have a view on a fellow O's fan who committed a Violent act on a Person that led to Brain Injury . No Opinion from a position held by you is a Disgrace !
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Proposition Joe wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:39 am
TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:20 am How has OFF managed to make this all about him yet again?

Because everyone else lets him. If people could have possessed the willpower to just, y'know, ignore the original "LOL I'll await the comments!!!" post, these threads wouldn't be this long.
LOL! Like that has ever happened before.
Wally Banter
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Wally Banter »

Attention-seeking followed by a wild array of accusations and wind-ups. No-one's really coming out of this thread well.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:47 am

Supposedly you are a fan of some stature & profile , therefore you should have a view on a fellow O's fan who committed a Violent act on a Person that led to Brain Injury . No Opinion from a position held by you is a Disgrace !
It’s interesting how he’s coming up with various irrelevant excuses for not giving his opinion on the matter. None of the things he mentioned matter.

We’d all like to know his personal opinion on the actions of Lee Boyce. Something tells me that he wont tell them to us.

My suspicion is that he secretly thinks beating people up at football is really really cool. After all, this is a person who has been arrested in the past for abusing a player.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Paul Hague wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:38 am
CEB wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:26 am I think you’re racist.
DO NOT post allegations against a person, organisation, company or group without making it clear that your comment is an allegation and do not present it as a fact. When making an allegation, this must be supported by evidence from a reputable source.

Admins - over to you
An allegation would be " You are a Racist " & NOT " I think you're a Racist" surely ?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Wally Banter wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:50 am Attention-seeking followed by a wild array of accusations and wind-ups. No-one's really coming out of this thread well.
f*** me. Do you not know how this place works? To expect anything else beggars belief.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

The amount of people refusing to condone football hooliganism is sickening.

And not just The Orient Hour, Loft representatives, fanzine editors on this thread. There's been a complete failure to address it by the club itself, as well as all the other podcast outlets and club related organisations. This incident gives us the perfect opportunity to discuss the apparent rise of hooliganism within the game, the reasons why, and how we stamp it out. But everyone just wants to bury their heads in the sand. That's how things spiral out of control.
Wally Banter
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Wally Banter »

Admin wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:55 am
Wally Banter wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:50 am Attention-seeking followed by a wild array of accusations and wind-ups. No-one's really coming out of this thread well.
f*** me. Do you not know how this place works? To expect anything else beggars belief.
Put a sock in it, you RASCIST!
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Wally Banter wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:59 am
Admin wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:55 am
Put a sock in it, you RASCIST!
You forgot facist.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:57 am The amount of people refusing to condone football hooliganism is sickening.

And not just The Orient Hour, Loft representatives, fanzine editors on this thread. There's been a complete failure to address it by the club itself, as well as all the other podcast outlets and club related organisations. This incident gives us the perfect opportunity to discuss the apparent rise of hooliganism within the game, the reasons why, and how we stamp it out. But everyone just wants to bury their heads in the sand. That's how things spiral out of control.
While I don't necessarily think people or organisations need to make statements on everything ALL THE TIME as is the way these days, I do find it interesting that the Club put statements out to the press and on our website about banning fans due to their social media posts about England footballers during the Euros (ie nothing to do with Leyton Orient Football Club) but then say nothing about a violent incident at one of our actual matches. If you're going to decide to put statements out about stuff like this, it seems odd that this passes without comment.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Proposition Joe wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:04 am
TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:57 am The amount of people refusing to condone football hooliganism is sickening.

While I don't necessarily think people or organisations need to make statements on everything ALL THE TIME as is the way these days, I do find it interesting that the Club put statements out about banning fans due to their social media posts about England footballers during the Euros (ie nothing to do with Leyton Orient Football Club) but then say nothing about a violent incident at one of our actual matches. If you're going to decide to put statements out about stuff like this, it seems odd that this passes without comment.
Agreed entirely.
CEB

Post by CEB »

The club seems to me to be a bit too close to this podcast. It’s a bit worrying
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Proposition Joe wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:39 am

But then how else do we have fun ? cryptic Orient players only goes so far !
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

The Reverend wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:51 am
tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:47 am

It’s interesting how he’s coming up with various irrelevant excuses for not giving his opinion on the matter. None of the things he mentioned matter.

We’d all like to know his personal opinion on the actions of Lee Boyce. Something tells me that he wont tell them to us.

My suspicion is that he secretly thinks beating people up at football is really really cool. After all, this is a person who has been arrested in the past for abusing a player.
He even closed down discussion on the lesser board on this subject !
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Why has the club ignored this? Well I just guess they dont want the bad press, while it was easy virtue signalling points to ban a few twitter cretins.
CEB

Post by CEB »

Cryptic orient players is a well that’ll never run dry.

But… also threads go off topic when there’s not much of substance being said. It’s OK to drift a bit, as long as there’s a willingness to get back on topic. If Andy actually posted the text he sent me (because of how important I am) then there’d be a fair bit more to unpack
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

The Reverend wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:41 am
DO NOT post allegations against a person, organisation, company or group without making it clear that your comment is an allegation and do not present it as a fact. When making an allegation, this must be supported by evidence from a reputable source.

Admins - over to you
He wasn’t making an allegation. He said he “thinks” you are racist. He’s allowed to form an opinion of you.

Based on what I know about you (i.e. you were arrested for abusing a non-white Colchester United player and have been quite ungracious about the situation since) I’m inclined to think that his opinion of you is rather reasonable.

The fact that you quite proudly associate with a podcast that hosts violent criminals and those who apparently share far-right and/or racist views on Twitter I imagine is also part of why he has drawn that conclusion about you.
Wasnt there an allegation of Homophobia as well ?
CEB

Post by CEB »

If repeated instances of using homosexuality as a slur to people he doesn’t like counts as homophobia, then that’s a matter of record on earlier iterations of the board, unless the admins deleted them
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Admins - over to you
I thought your lot liked free speech. Although he didn't actually call you a racist he just thought you were. You could help him by moving his thought process away from thinking you're a racist

OFF - over to you
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Long slender neck wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:39 am Despite laying Gilso off a few years ago and his dodgy guests, the club have continued to associate with him and his radio show. Are they just oblivious to it all or part of some sort of clique?
All revealed in the direct messages sent yesterday to the chosen few
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Long slender neck wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:39 am Despite laying Gilso off a few years ago and his dodgy guests,
You what?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

This is like the good ol' days.