Peter Allen

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

bethnalgreenboy
Fresh Alias

Re: Peter Allen

Post by bethnalgreenboy »

I find this very strange.
Why has the passing of Peter Allen received only 24 posts Yet the thread on Southend United has received over 30 posts. To me it hard to believe.
bethnalgreenboy
Fresh Alias

The club should consider naming one of the stands or something else after Peter Allen it would be a fine gesture to remember one of the clubs finest players. I'm sure the fans would support this
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

It is what it is on here, quite a few on here have no interest in the club, for them it’s a place to post on when they’re bored hence why there’s vey few threads about the club. They promote their own agendas…….wait for it ……
bethnalgreenboy
Fresh Alias

Agree with you 100%. You must be a long time orient supporter knowing Brian Whitehouse +10 others. I think it was John Smith who said that to willy Graham if I'm not mistaken. He didn't play much after that or at all.
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

bethnalgreenboy wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:42 pm Agree with you 100%. You must be a long time orient supporter knowing Brian Whitehouse +10 others. I think it was John Smith who said that to willy Graham if I'm not mistaken. He didn't play much after that or at all.
You’re spot on there, he was first player on the team sheet to the annoyance of us fans, he came from Palace like Graham did. My first game was Ipswich home 1962 we lost as well 2-1 😂😂
bethnalgreenboy
Fresh Alias

My first game was a christmas morning I think it was 1957 .We beat Rotherham 6-0 Tommy Johnston scored 4 .I can remember there was snow on the ground
I got hooked ever since although I don't go anymore.
The best team in my opinion was the 1973/74 team which.failed to go up. The orient player I have seen was Laurie Cunningham.
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

bethnalgreenboy wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:39 pm My first game was a christmas morning I think it was 1957 .We beat Rotherham 6-0 Tommy Johnston scored 4 .I can remember there was snow on the ground
The best team in my opinion was the 1973/74 team which.failed to go up. The orient player I have seen was Laurie Cunningham.
Saw every home game that season remember seeing off Palace 3-0 at Christmas, last game v Villa was worst I’ve ever felt, including Rotherham 2014. Spent night in the Lion &Key drowning my sorrows.😂
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

B.whitehouse+10more wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:33 pm
bethnalgreenboy wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:39 pm My first game was a christmas morning I think it was 1957 .We beat Rotherham 6-0 Tommy Johnston scored 4 .I can remember there was snow on the ground
Saw every home game that season remember seeing off Palace 3-0 at Christmas, last game v Villa was worst I’ve ever felt, including Rotherham 2014. Spent night in the Lion &Key drowning my sorrows.😂
Up until Christmas we were fantastic, lost our way in the new year, won only two of 15 games. Still think the three FA Cup games against Portsmouth didn't help. As you say the Villa game was far, far worse than the 2014 play off final. I cried all the way home to Chingford.
bethnalgreenboy
Fresh Alias

Peter was immense that season. As mentioned the three cup matches against Portsmouth didn't help.We needed to sign another forward as Bullock Queen and Fairbrother went off the boil after christmas and scored very few goals between them
bethnalgreenboy
Fresh Alias

The football played before christmas was fantastic and still lingers in my memory probably the best I have ever seen in all my years watching orient. Its fitting that Peter Allen was a big part of that team
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

Remember it well, my schooldays, we were a really good team, well led by Peter Allen.

Know he got injured at one point – memory may be playing tricks but possibly in the away game at Ashton Gate (think we won it), but we really missed him the next few weeks, and it cost us points and probably ultimately promotion, for we were that close of course.

What a team that was though, and as said above fitting that Peter was such an integral part of it!
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

banqo wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:36 pm
B.whitehouse+10more wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:33 pm
Up until Christmas we were fantastic, lost our way in the new year, won only two of 15 games. Still think the three FA Cup games against Portsmouth didn't help. As you say the Villa game was far, far worse than the 2014 play off final. I cried all the way home to Chingford.
The Pompey trilogy was 3 games in 4 or 5 days, No wonder Bullock &Queen had nothing left in there legs in the 2nd replay .
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Also what a great player Ricky Heppolette was see he’s on the podcast